• Lance Stephenson

74 94.87%
  • Someone else

4 5.13%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Grizzlies Postgame Thread 11/11/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Grizzlies Postgame Thread 11/11/13

We're undefeated, we're beating teams down without breaking a sweat, and we get to watch Paul, Lance, Roy, and West night in and night out. Not to mention George as he gets back to full strength. The new bench. Frank Vogel. This is almost too much to handle.

"And Tottenham do not know what hit them...well I can tell you, it's Theo Walcott!"

"And it's Tony Adams put through by Steve Bould, WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?! That...sums it all up."

On a side note, Paul George also won the Eastern Conference Player of the Week honors from Nov.4 to Nov. 10:

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/11/11/p...s=iref:nbahpts

edit: oops, there was a thread earlier about it. I'm a bit late on the news
    Last edited by 15th parallel; 11-12-2013 at 12:35 AM.

another great win.
    sure, we haven't broken 100 pts. in a game yet but i really don't care as long as we keep winning.
    i remember during the rough years in the post-brawl era. those were some incredibly tough years to follow the team. there were several years where i knew we had no shot at anything more than a possible 1st round exit. it was a rough period to be a pacer fan. i asked myself several times why i even bothered to care during those years. it was a dark and depressing time.
    now, here we are. this team can compete with and beat anybody!!
    bird and vogel have done an amazing job i gotta say. bird played a big role assembling the squad and frank has done a hell of a job getting everyone to buy into it.
    even though the pre-brawl team had great talent, they were not team players but talented individuals out mostly for themselves.
    but this squad which is every bit as talented, is much, much different. they actually pull for one another..... that says something. i could see how the guys were happy for lance and when other guys are doing well, the guys on the bench are cheering for them.
    this is a real TEAM.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Scola looks like Razor Ramon

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn rules not letting us extend him. Hmmmph
    Rules do allow us to extend him....the problem is that the extension is based off of how much his Rookie Salary is and the round that he is drafted in ( either wintermute, count55, heisenberg or someone who stayed at a Holiday Inn will have to confirm this for me ). The MAX extension that he can get is nowhere near how much he will get on the Open Free Agent Market when he becomes a Free Agent in 2014-2015.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I was a fan of the Grizzlies last season, they played great defense like the Pacers. But now they are just another team, they don't pay defense like they did. I have to assume the coaching change is the cause for the defense that is now average.
    Wait a sec....the Grizzlies have a new Coach?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Lance was just. wow. Amazing.

Paul George has had 20 in every game this season.

4 of the Pacers starters have had a triple double since the start of last season. The only one who didn't? George Hill. He had an assist taken away in his triple double performance last season that robbed him of his triple double. (the worst part? Hill had another assist in that game that was completely missed, so if it was correctly called, he would have 11, and then the one assist taken away, so he should have a triple double as well).

PG is apparently the only player in NBA history to start out scoring 20ppg in every game when a team went 8-0.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    PG is apparently the only player in NBA history to start out scoring 20ppg in every game when a team went 8-0.
    him, Wilt, and Dave Bing. talk about a cherry picked stat. but whatever. either PG's going to be the mayor of Indy in 30 years or sleep with 20,000 women. why not both I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    him, Wilt, and Dave Bing. talk about a cherry picked stat. but whatever. either PG's going to be the mayor of Indy in 30 years or sleep with 20,000 women. why not both I say.
    It is, but I should say more to the point- PG's scored 20 every game of the season so far. That's impressive period. Besides LBJ and Durant, normal NBA players have ups and downs seemingly one game after the next. 13 one game, 30 the next, etc. He's had a fantastic run so far. Of course like the rest of us, I assume he'll come down to earth soon, but either way it's a beautiful run.

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Sports Logo

It is, but I should say more to the point- PG's scored 20 every game of the season so far. That's impressive period. Besides LBJ and Durant, normal NBA players have ups and downs seemingly one game after the next. 13 one game, 30 the next, etc. He's had a fantastic run so far. Of course like the rest of us, I assume he'll come down to earth soon, but either way it's a beautiful run.
    hey man, we're talking about PG in the same breath as LBJ and KD, and it's really not homer talk. I'm pretty cool with that.

hey man, we're talking about PG in the same breath as LBJ and KD, and it's really not homer talk. I'm pretty cool with that.
    That's nuts. It really is. At least for the moment, he's the third best player in the NBA. No one would have predicted that a year ago. Two years ago? Ha! We all saw potential of course, but how many players realize that potential?

When Granger gets back on the court? This team is so stacked, it's ridiculous. Scola is a legit 6th man, scoring every time he's on the court.

When we end up doing the inevitable hill/lance/pg/granger/roy lineup, that is going to absolute SLAY teams.

Read it and weep:

That's nuts. It really is. At least for the moment, he's the third best player in the NBA. No one would have predicted that a year ago. Two years ago? Ha! We all saw potential of course, but how many players realize that potential?

When Granger gets back on the court? This team is so stacked, it's ridiculous. Scola is a legit 6th man, scoring every time he's on the court.

When we end up doing the inevitable hill/lance/pg/granger/roy lineup, that is going to absolute SLAY teams.
    Also, against the Heat's hybrid lineup with both LBJ and Battier at the 3/4... That lineup matches up so well. Granger absolutely shutting Battier down, and then being a major threat from the outside why Lance/Hill/PG wreak havoc. This team is stacked.

Read it and weep:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Ian is going to commit so many fouls this year. I think he's my favorite.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Scola looks like Razor Ramon
    That is an awesome observation he's just "oozing with machismo"....pacers should start playing Mr. Perfects theme music during their intro and after every win during this streak play the sound clip from Curt Hennig "you're pretty good! but you're not perfect!"

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

From @CandaceDBuckner
    And 3rd Quarter conversation revealed: Vogel called Lance over to tell him to "be true to the game" and not force the triple-double. Vogel reassured him w/ his talent, the Trip-Dub would come. "So don’t even try to get it. It’ll come within the flow of the game.’” - Lance
    I love Vogel. And I love Lance for listening. Anyone still think he's not getting a $10m offer from someone next season?

Sidenote, I really like the new beat reporter. I didn't dislike Mike Wells, but Candace is just better. Besides, we're 8-0 since she took over

Sports Logo

If/when Hill becomes the lowest paid starter by over 20% maybe he can stop being the scapegoat.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Great game. Glad I woke up for it. Just found this gem and wanted to share.

Another night, another backside-kicking. They just hit you from so many sides, now, in waves. It's like a cavalry, running down hill and trampling you underfoot. You have no tactical advantage, you're just swinging wildly in the mud, and the best strategy might be to play dead. They are an absolute onlsaught right now.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...another-victim

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

we could've, technically, but for nowhere near market value
    Which begs the question (which I asked in another thread but never got an answer). Is this an oversight by the NBA/CBA? I mean, it seems like they were trying to help teams keep their blue chip second rounders, but it's not working for us.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Holy cow, Lance got his trip dub with 11 minutes left in the 4th. Now THAT'S ballin'.
    He almost got it in the first half.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We went on a 17-3 run at the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th which iced the game. Paul George had 15 of the 17. That's a superstar.

A near triple double, a taunting tech, and the single dumbest foul in the history of basketball all in one half completed what shall henceforth be known as the Lance Stephenson Hat Trick.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Which begs the question (which I asked in another thread but never got an answer). Is this an oversight by the NBA/CBA? I mean, it seems like they were trying to help teams keep their blue chip second rounders, but it's not working for us.
    Well, arguably the Pacers didn't play their cards right. If they had signed Lance to a 3 year deal instead of 4, we'd have him locked up now on a reasonable deal. But that's hindsight talking. Alternatively, if Lance has his breakout next year instead of this year, the new contract probably wouldn't be a problem either.

In general, 2nd rounders get a pretty raw deal, so as a consequence they don't have as many restrictions placed on them as first rounders do. Maybe there's an argument for allowing first-rounder style rookie extensions to (deserving) second rounders though.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Well, arguably the Pacers didn't play their cards right. If they had signed Lance to a 3 year deal instead of 4, we'd have him locked up now on a reasonable deal. But that's hindsight talking. Alternatively, if Lance has his breakout next year instead of this year, the new contract probably wouldn't be a problem either.

In general, 2nd rounders get a pretty raw deal, so as a consequence they don't have as many restrictions placed on them as first rounders do. Maybe there's an argument for allowing first-rounder style rookie extensions to (deserving) second rounders though.
    I'm not completely sure if this is true, but I know there were some that suggested that the Pacers could have declined Lance's option this offseason which in their viewing of the rules would have made him immediately a restricted free agent. So the Pacers might have had that option to effectively turn it into a three year deal as late as this past offseason and chose to turn it down. Of course, the tradeoff is that if Lance had hit restricted free agency this past year, the Pacers almost certainly would have had to cut salary elsewhere this offseason to fit him in.

I definitely don't think this an issue with the CBA though. The Pacers could have had Lance as a restricted free agent (whether by signing a theee year deal at the beginning or the possibility they could have turned down the option). They will have all the advantages in unrestricted free agency. It's the luxury tax and the Pacers internal budget that is holding them back more than the quirks of the CBA.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Lance at 1:37
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

So everybody's noticed the respect we're getting from the refs right? Roy specifically. Everybody but Mahinmi pretty much, refs hate Ian.
    I don't think Lance gets any respect. They still pretty much look to T him up at any moment, and ignore the million times he's hacked on the way to the hoop.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post

Well, I guess Bird was thinking that PG and Lance shouldn't get paid the same summer, to make it easier on the franchise. DG does come off the books this summer, so it makes sense in that way. It's just bad timing from the Pacers perspective that Lance is breaking out just as his payday is emerging.