• Someone else

4 5.13%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Grizzlies Postgame Thread 11/11/13

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Grizzlies Postgame Thread 11/11/13

So I was going to post this opinion the other night after the Chicago game. It felt eerily like the start of the '04 season where you-know-what-happened. We came out roaring into the season with high level of talent and expectations and we were taking it to everyone, including Detroit on their home court.

I fear Lance has a lot of Artest in him and I felt the chippiness and attitude he brought to the Chicago game isn't going to lead anywhere good for the team. That ball taunt move tonight was a sign that he needs to put his team before himself.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right now Solo is a lesser wing version of Jeff Foster. Good on defense terrible on offense, but not so terrible that you can't play him if you have 4 starters on the court. I like how Vogel is using him right now. Not because he is contributing well, but because it allows him to get some experience while still having enough talent on the court to make up for him.

Other than that I think you hit the nail on the head.
    Agreed. He screws up offensively because he is still a rookie but he does seem to have the skills. I love how aggressively he hits the boards.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    So I was going to post this opinion the other night after the Chicago game. It felt eerily like the start of the '04 season where you-know-what-happened. We came out roaring into the season with high level of talent and expectations and we were taking it to everyone, including Detroit on their home court.

I fear Lance has a lot of Artest in him and I felt the chippiness and attitude he brought to the Chicago game isn't going to lead anywhere good for the team. That ball taunt move tonight was a sign that he needs to put his team before himself.
    Lance puts the team before himself, for 99% of the time. And that number has gone up each year. Hes maturing. But still something to watch.

Sports Logo

I am willing to trade Copeland and OJ ( or future 2015-2016 1st round draft pick ) for an expiring contract just to clear space to re-sign Lance in the offseason. I expect his real market value should be between $7 to 8 mil a year....but I guarantee u that some team will offer and overpay him some $9mil to 10 mil a year contract with the way he is playing.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    I mean, we easily beat them when we played an eh game
    Well yeah I agree. It's just that Chicago fans are the most delusional fans I've ever seen since the Derrick Rose era. And they get so mad when they lose to the Pacers as if they lost to an "inferior" team that makes it more laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I am willing to trade Copeland and OJ ( or future 2015-2016 1st round draft pick ) for an expiring contract just to clear space to re-sign Lance in the offseason. I expect his real market value should be between $7 to 8 mil a year....but I guarantee u that some team will offer and overpay him some $9mil to 10 mil a year contract with the way he is playing.
    Damn rules not letting us extend him. Hmmmph

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This game was absolutely impressive. Great contributions from everybody, and I particularly loved the aggressiveness from Hill and West. In the third to fourth quarter Paul randomly decided to score 15 points in a matter of minutes. And he had some IMPRESSIVE rebounds tonight.

Great to see Lance get his first triple double, and I loved how nonchalant we looked in working them over. He definitely had some help from Zach Randolph's defense tonight We were not, however, playing like the Grizzlies of last season though.

I actually chose "somebody else" to be our player of the game because i thought Paul George had an enormous impact start to finish. He wasn't killing it stat-wise, but he made everything we did run more smoothly on both ends of the court tonight.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    Well yeah I agree. It's just that Chicago fans are the most delusional fans I've ever seen since the Derrick Rose era. And they get so mad when they lose to the Pacers as if they lost to an "inferior" team that makes it more laughable.
    When they get bounced first round of the playoffs while we hoist a trophy we will see who's inferior
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Lance with the triple-double, Roy with the block party, Paul George with another 20-point winning game. Just another night at the office for the Pacers.

Early on I thought maybe Memphis could match us, but it turned into a beating. This team is incredible.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I love this team.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Damn rules not letting us extend him. Hmmmph
    we could've, technically, but for nowhere near market value

Man what a great win, we just kept punchin' and they just kept fallin, great atmosphere in the Fieldhouse tonight. The fans are really proud this is their team.

Love Lance, I don't care if he gets a T for that ball taunting. I loved it. He just likes to get into guy's heads. Not sure why he gets called for that though when Lebron and Kobe have done it multiple times. I'm thinking it was because He and Allen were jawing at each other all game long, maybe refs viewed it as an escalation of sorts. I hope he does it to Lebron here in the near future when we blow them out.

Its crazy to think that Lance might not be a Pacer next year. Its gonna be tricky on resigning him, but thankfully he is the only FA we have.

I'm not sure what the Hell Vogel is thinking with Solo Hill, he needs to ride the pine for a long while and let OJ take over those minutes. Danny will be coming back soon so this will take care of it, but my gosh he looks pretty damn inept out there. Really drags the whole line up down when he is out there. Just mistake after mistake and he just can't hit that corner 3 with any consistency. I'd even like to see Butler out there. He can knock down that Corner 3 just fine.

I hope they don't over look Milwaukee ahead of this Chicago game. ITS A TRAP!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    I don't think that's fair to Lance... I think Artest has more crazy in his fingernail that Lance has in his whole body...

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I'm not sure what the Hell Vogel is thinking with Solo Hill, he needs to ride the pine for a long while and let OJ take over those minutes.
    He's thinking "We're gonna beat these guys by double digits, might as well give the rook some burn before Danny comes back and takes all these minutes."
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Loving this team.

I really hope we get that W in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I'm kinda bummed that the Thanks button is not working right now because I'm sooo damn happy that I would thank everyone in this thread
    QFT!

Mood

I want a statement win in Chicago. Something that leaves no doubt in the Bulls players and fans that they don't measure up.

Sports Logo

So everybody's noticed the respect we're getting from the refs right? Roy specifically. Everybody but Mahinmi pretty much, refs hate Ian.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm kinda bummed that the Thanks button is not working right now because I'm sooo damn happy that I would thank everyone in this thread
    Thanks!
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

"We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I was a fan of the Grizzlies last season, they played great defense like the Pacers. But now they are just another team, they don't pay defense like they did. I have to assume the coaching change is the cause for the defense that is now average.

I have been a fan of the Grizz for the last few years, but this year they aren't near the team they were "D". Maybe there "D" will return during the season, but I agree that Lionel Hollins had them playing great "D".

Their weakness to me was bench and SF after Gay left. I'm not impressed with Prince and they need a definate upgrade at SF.

We can't look past the next game but I expect Chicago to give us our biggest test yet on Sat. I expect playoff basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    We can't look past the next game but I expect Chicago to give us our biggest test yet on Sat. I expect playoff basketball.
    If we win prepare to hear more excuses about Rose, this time with new injured Hamstring accessory.

Mood

Holy cow, Lance got his trip dub with 11 minutes left in the 4th. Now THAT'S ballin'.

Thanks
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.