74 94.87%
  • Someone else

4 5.13%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Grizzlies Postgame Thread 11/11/13

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Grizzlies Postgame Thread 11/11/13

Do I need to say more?

Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah we are just easily blowing out legit playoff teams like its nothing...I knew it was over before the second quarter was over...I love this team so much...just so fun to watch. IM LOVING IT!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow. This isn't even close to the best basketball this team is gonna play this year. Anyone on this team can go off for twenty and you wouldn't be suprised. The defense is far and beyond the best in the league. 82-0 anybody?
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Oh yeah, and we've done well to limit our turnovers the past couple of games. We were averaging around 20 in the first four games, 15 in the last four, 13 tonight.

Lance passing the ball to West, George and Scola is a thing of beauty. It's just about unfair. Lance has some maturing to do but give him more time with the most talent on the floor and he will make the game easy for them. But it's going to take more practice and good discipline on his part.

Sports Logo

I'm kinda bummed that the Thanks button is not working right now because I'm sooo damn happy that I would thank everyone in this thread

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm kinda bummed that the Thanks button is not working right now because I'm sooo damn happy that I would thank everyone in this thread
    I tried to thank this lol

Really enjoying this ride right now.....I haven't felt like this since the 03'-04' 61 win season
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

How many Lance assists were to West? I lost track after a while. Those two have beautiful chemistry, and it often works both ways. West is great at finding Lance when he cuts.

Not to look too far ahead, but I'll go out on a limb and say that we will beat the Bucks at home with three full days rest to go 9-0. That means the next night we will be playing in Chicago with the chance to go 10-0. Holy crap that game is going to be intense. We know that the Bulls will treat it as if it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals, and we should too.......

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

@espn: With the win tonight, Indiana stays on PACE for an 82-0 season.

WHO CAN STOP THIS FREIGHT TRAIN?!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    @espn: With the win tonight, Indiana stays on PACE for an 82-0 season.

WHO CAN STOP THIS FREIGHT TRAIN?!
    Right now, no team Is making it past 6 games in s series with us
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Not to look too far ahead, but I'll go out on a limb and say that we will beat the Bucks at home with three full days rest to go 9-0. That means the next night we will be playing in Chicago with the chance to go 10-0. Holy crap that game is going to be intense. We know that the Bulls will treat it as if it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals, and we should too.......
    They aren't even on the same tier as us, if we play a good game, we win. I don't know who can beat us right now
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Quick thoughts from me:

1. Love what Buckner said: "any man, any night". So true. Anyone can star on this team any night. So deep.

2. George Hill played a phenomenal game. Love it when he plays aggressive.

3. If West & Scola are hitting that midrange jumper like they are, you're toast.

4. If the Pacers continue to defend like that, you're toast unless you have a LeBron-type player to do the ridiculous.

5. It's boring to talk about how good these starters are...but they are. It feels weird to say it's boring to heap praise on Lance's triple-double, but it's just not a shocking result. When he plays like that, on this team, it's almost expected. I absolutely believe he has the talent to do that more than once a season.

6. What impresses me about 8-0 more than anything: this team looks focused and hungry night after night (OK, maybe they take a quarter off here or there), and they look like they're having fun doing it. Most teams would just get bored at some point, or tired, or lazy. These guys don't. They just keep coming at you.

7. My only negatives on the night: I expect more from CJ Watson off the bench both offensively and defensively, but it looks like he may be one of those guys that's an OK starter and an average reserve. Average will work. Still see young guys like Lance & OJ falling asleep on defense. Still not sure exactly what Solomon Hill brings to this team yet (in that I'm waiting to see it, not that he can't). But all very, very minor quips.

8. OJ is going to take those backup wing minutes left over when/if Granger returns, and I think he's going to make the most of him. Still worry about him a bit on defense just from an awareness and concentration standpoint, but I'm fine with his shot from distance and I love that he's adding an attacking element to his game. Could be fun reserve to have on the squad.

9. I continue to be enamored with Ian Mahinmi's play off the bench. He's doing exactly what he needs to in order to keep #55 fresh and keep opponents respecting the paint in the process. Just looks much more confident than he did last year.

10. When your human victory cigar is Chris Copeland, you're probably pretty damn deep.

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    They aren't even on the same tier as us, if we play a good game, we win. I don't know who can beat us right now

I agree that we are the better team, but it will be a super intense atmosphere and we know they will be treating it like it's a playoff game.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    How many Lance assists were to West? I lost track after a while. Those two have beautiful chemistry, and it often works both ways. West is great at finding Lance when he cuts.
    5 assists from Lance to West. 2 assists from Lance to Scola. 2 assists from West to Lance.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

The site is fixed and the Pacers just destroyed last year's 2nd best D. Needless to say I'm pretty pumped

GO PACERS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    Chicago fans think the other way around...LOL

Nice start ever by a Pacer team in franchise history...next record to break? http://www.nba.com/features/AllTime_Best_Starts.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    5 assists from Lance to West. 2 assists from Lance to Scola. 2 assists from West to Lance.

Thanks. The chemistry between Lance and those two guys is just a thing of beauty.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    wow. We are starting to sniff some rare air.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

I was a fan of the Grizzlies last season, they played great defense like the Pacers. But now they are just another team, they don't pay defense like they did. I have to assume the coaching change is the cause for the defense that is now average.

Lance is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Quick thoughts from me:

1. Love what Buckner said: "any man, any night". So true. Anyone can star on this team any night. So deep.

2. George Hill played a phenomenal game. Love it when he plays aggressive.

3. If West & Scola are hitting that midrange jumper like they are, you're toast.

4. If the Pacers continue to defend like that, you're toast unless you have a LeBron-type player to do the ridiculous.

5. It's boring to talk about how good these starters are...but they are. It feels weird to say it's boring to heap praise on Lance's triple-double, but it's just not a shocking result. When he plays like that, on this team, it's almost expected. I absolutely believe he has the talent to do that more than once a season.

6. What impresses me about 8-0 more than anything: this team looks focused and hungry night after night (OK, maybe they take a quarter off here or there), and they look like they're having fun doing it. Most teams would just get bored at some point, or tired, or lazy. These guys don't. They just keep coming at you.

7. My only negatives on the night: I expect more from CJ Watson off the bench both offensively and defensively, but it looks like he may be one of those guys that's an OK starter and an average reserve. Average will work. Still see young guys like Lance & OJ falling asleep on defense. Still not sure exactly what Solomon Hill brings to this team yet (in that I'm waiting to see it, not that he can't). But all very, very minor quips.

8. OJ is going to take those backup wing minutes left over when/if Granger returns, and I think he's going to make the most of him. Still worry about him a bit on defense just from an awareness and concentration standpoint, but I'm fine with his shot from distance and I love that he's adding an attacking element to his game. Could be fun reserve to have on the squad.

9. I continue to be enamored with Ian Mahinmi's play off the bench. He's doing exactly what he needs to in order to keep #55 fresh and keep opponents respecting the paint in the process. Just looks much more confident than he did last year.

10. When your human victory cigar is Chris Copeland, you're probably pretty damn deep.
    Right now Solo is a lesser wing version of Jeff Foster. Good on defense terrible on offense, but not so terrible that you can't play him if you have 4 starters on the court. I like how Vogel is using him right now. Not because he is contributing well, but because it allows him to get some experience while still having enough talent on the court to make up for him.

Other than that I think you hit the nail on the head.

Mood

So many wins I forgot that you only do player of the games when we win.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    Chicago fans think the other way around...LOL

Nice start ever by a Pacer team in franchise history...next record to break? http://www.nba.com/features/AllTime_Best_Starts.html
    I mean, we easily beat them when we played an eh game
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season