Do I need to say more?
Yeah we are just easily blowing out legit playoff teams like its nothing...I knew it was over before the second quarter was over...I love this team so much...just so fun to watch. IM LOVING IT!
Wow. This isn't even close to the best basketball this team is gonna play this year. Anyone on this team can go off for twenty and you wouldn't be suprised. The defense is far and beyond the best in the league. 82-0 anybody?
Oh yeah, and we've done well to limit our turnovers the past couple of games. We were averaging around 20 in the first four games, 15 in the last four, 13 tonight.
Lance passing the ball to West, George and Scola is a thing of beauty. It's just about unfair. Lance has some maturing to do but give him more time with the most talent on the floor and he will make the game easy for them. But it's going to take more practice and good discipline on his part.
I'm kinda bummed that the Thanks button is not working right now because I'm sooo damn happy that I would thank everyone in this thread
Really enjoying this ride right now.....I haven't felt like this since the 03'-04' 61 win season
Larry Bird and Ryan Grigson- wasting the talents of Paul George and Andrew Luck
How many Lance assists were to West? I lost track after a while. Those two have beautiful chemistry, and it often works both ways. West is great at finding Lance when he cuts.
Not to look too far ahead, but I'll go out on a limb and say that we will beat the Bucks at home with three full days rest to go 9-0. That means the next night we will be playing in Chicago with the chance to go 10-0. Holy crap that game is going to be intense. We know that the Bulls will treat it as if it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals, and we should too.......
@espn: With the win tonight, Indiana stays on PACE for an 82-0 season.
WHO CAN STOP THIS FREIGHT TRAIN?!
Quick thoughts from me:
1. Love what Buckner said: "any man, any night". So true. Anyone can star on this team any night. So deep.
2. George Hill played a phenomenal game. Love it when he plays aggressive.
3. If West & Scola are hitting that midrange jumper like they are, you're toast.
4. If the Pacers continue to defend like that, you're toast unless you have a LeBron-type player to do the ridiculous.
5. It's boring to talk about how good these starters are...but they are. It feels weird to say it's boring to heap praise on Lance's triple-double, but it's just not a shocking result. When he plays like that, on this team, it's almost expected. I absolutely believe he has the talent to do that more than once a season.
6. What impresses me about 8-0 more than anything: this team looks focused and hungry night after night (OK, maybe they take a quarter off here or there), and they look like they're having fun doing it. Most teams would just get bored at some point, or tired, or lazy. These guys don't. They just keep coming at you.
7. My only negatives on the night: I expect more from CJ Watson off the bench both offensively and defensively, but it looks like he may be one of those guys that's an OK starter and an average reserve. Average will work. Still see young guys like Lance & OJ falling asleep on defense. Still not sure exactly what Solomon Hill brings to this team yet (in that I'm waiting to see it, not that he can't). But all very, very minor quips.
8. OJ is going to take those backup wing minutes left over when/if Granger returns, and I think he's going to make the most of him. Still worry about him a bit on defense just from an awareness and concentration standpoint, but I'm fine with his shot from distance and I love that he's adding an attacking element to his game. Could be fun reserve to have on the squad.
9. I continue to be enamored with Ian Mahinmi's play off the bench. He's doing exactly what he needs to in order to keep #55 fresh and keep opponents respecting the paint in the process. Just looks much more confident than he did last year.
10. When your human victory cigar is Chris Copeland, you're probably pretty damn deep.
The site is fixed and the Pacers just destroyed last year's 2nd best D. Needless to say I'm pretty pumped
Chicago fans think the other way around...LOL
Nice start ever by a Pacer team in franchise history...next record to break? http://www.nba.com/features/AllTime_Best_Starts.html
"I like our group of people," Ainge told USA Today. "I'm trying to teach them about basketball, and they're trying to teach me about analytics."
I was a fan of the Grizzlies last season, they played great defense like the Pacers. But now they are just another team, they don't pay defense like they did. I have to assume the coaching change is the cause for the defense that is now average.
Lance is a beast.
Right now Solo is a lesser wing version of Jeff Foster. Good on defense terrible on offense, but not so terrible that you can't play him if you have 4 starters on the court. I like how Vogel is using him right now. Not because he is contributing well, but because it allows him to get some experience while still having enough talent on the court to make up for him.
Other than that I think you hit the nail on the head.
So many wins I forgot that you only do player of the games when we win.