Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Give Fred Jones some props too

  1. #1
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,075

    Default Give Fred Jones some props too

    Since I guess were are starting individual threads on each Pacer player, let me start one for Freddie.

    You say, why. Because I thought he defended Wade about as well as you can and about as well as I have seen anyone this season. You say, well Wade had had 30 points, yes but that is just how good he is.

    Fred defended him well, he made him work, he kept him from getting layups.

    Many of us don't think Freddie is tall enough to guard certain small forwards certainly and many shooting guards, but he is tall enough to guard Wade and FT deserves a lot of credit

  2. #2
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,750

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Give Fred Jones some props too

    Yes Freddie played well tonight. I am happy to see him playing his way out of that funk he was in. He looked a lot more like the Fred Jones we have come to know and love.

  3. #3
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,441

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Give Fred Jones some props too

    I give props to Fred and the Pacers as a whole.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  4. #4

    Default Re: Give Fred Jones some props too

    I just wish he would be a lot more aggressive on the offensive end. He has so much potential, but he just doesn't want to shoot the ball.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  5. #5
    year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Give Fred Jones some props too

    I noticed his defense on Wade, especially in the 4th quarter and overtime. Every shot Wade took (and sometimes made) was a difficult shot. Wade even resorted to taking a couple of ill-advised 18 foot jumpers late that I give Fred some credit for causing.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

  6. #6
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,721

    Default Re: Give Fred Jones some props too

    Very true... I liked the Freddy/Tinsley combo in the backcourt. Tinsley was playing pretty good D against Wade, but Fred did even better. He also had a few nice rebounds and a couple great jobs at picking up the loose ball on defense (dunno if he got credited with steals or not).

  7. #7
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,931

    Default Re: Give Fred Jones some props too

    Personally, I don't remember Freddie guarding him that much, and the plays I do remember weren't memorable.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  8. #8
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,075

    Default Re: Give Fred Jones some props too

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I don't remember Freddie guarding him that much, and the plays I do remember weren't memorable.
    Every minute Fred was in he guarded WAde

  9. #9
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,550

    Default Re: Give Fred Jones some props too

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I don't remember Freddie guarding him that much, and the plays I do remember weren't memorable.
    You were watching Reggie weren't you?

    Props to Fred Jones... but I've been giving him props all day long.

    -Bball
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  10. #10
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,931

    Default Re: Give Fred Jones some props too

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every minute Fred was in he guarded WAde
    Fred guarded Wade for 37 minutes, and I missed it?! Funny, I must have just imagined all those times Jamaal was on him.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  11. #11
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,721

    Default Re: Give Fred Jones some props too

    Jamaal guarded him for Reggie.

  12. #12
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,931

    Default Re: Give Fred Jones some props too

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jamaal guarded him for Reggie.
    Yeah, but even when Fred was in, I remember Tins picking Wade up a majority of the time when he brought the ball down.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  13. #13
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,631

    Default Re: Give Fred Jones some props too

    Tins was on Wade most of the time, and as Slick said, late in the 4th when Tnis hurt his hand/writs was the 1st time wade got by him.
    Tins started by picking his pocket very early in the game and set a trent
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  14. #14
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,931

    Default Re: Give Fred Jones some props too

    Quote Originally Posted by able
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tins was on Wade most of the time, and as Slick said, late in the 4th when Tnis hurt his hand/writs was the 1st time wade got by him.
    Tins started by picking his pocket very early in the game and set a trent
    Thank you able, I thought I was going crazy.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  15. #15
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,075

    Default Re: Give Fred Jones some props too

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fred guarded Wade for 37 minutes, and I missed it?! Funny, I must have just imagined all those times Jamaal was on him.

    Probably not 37 minutes because Wade likely was not in every minute that Fred was in. Plus there is always the occasionaly switch and transition situation where the matchups get screwy

    Did you guys watch it on Channel 4, because on ESPN he was guarding Wade all the time

    Sure Tinsley started out on him in each half

  16. #16
    Banned PacerMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,133

    Default Re: Give Fred Jones some props too

    Freddie's D was very good. But his offense is offensive. I was totally disallusioned when with about 1 minute to go in regulation, Miami had just taken the lead, we had the ball in Freddies hands with the shot clock counting down,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,, and he gives it to POLLARD for an 18'er rather than making a move himself!!!!!!!!!
    WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  17. #17
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,753

    Default Re: Give Fred Jones some props too

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fred guarded Wade for 37 minutes, and I missed it?! Funny, I must have just imagined all those times Jamaal was on him.
    I just rewatched most of the game and that's true. I think Freddie was mainly guarding Eddie Jones. He did ok, mainly offensively with a few good 3 pointers and some decent D in the 2nd half and in OT. But, Tins mainly defended Wade. In OT I think Freddie took care of Wade mostly though.


    Regards,

    Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •