Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colts vs Rams Post Game Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colts vs Rams Post Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, that when their OL went down with some injures, Lynch's production suffered. When their OLine got it figured out, his production went back up. Right in line with what I'm saying, about how an OLine can turn a good back bad, and fast.

On a related note, both Kravitz and Wells both tweeted that Pagano acted like a coach looking to make some changes on the OLine. Bout damn time.
    I don't disagree that an OL can make a back look good or bad which is also my point why trading your 1st for a RB that you knew where he was getting into? Unless of course they believed that satele and McGlynn would suddenly become world beaters.
    I also believe that a special RB like Lynch or Peterson will find ways to make one play here, another one there. Richardson hasn't showed something like that yet.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You have to think with as bad as that line is they go out and get an OG in the 1st round in the 2014 NFL draft.
    Last edited by TinManJoshua; 11-11-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I think what I'm saying is that maybe TPTB don't see the need to milk this season for short term playoff success as much as we fans do. To win now, I think we're going to have to quit pretending we're a power running team until there are better pieces in place.

OTOH, maybe they see doing that as counter productive long term when they want to build that power running into our DNA. Not sure I agree with that per se'... but then I'm certainly not adverse to long term success IF that is really what this is all about.

I could be right about what is happening... and they could be wrong about it being the proper way to go forward in this injury riddled season. Or not.

Just trying to understand the rationale that is leading to slow starts.

Oh that and the KO returns. Take a freaking knee!!!! Bad field position sure doesn't help us any. If the KO returns were all bad decision making via Reed then either we'd get a different returner OR tell him to always take a knee and let us start on the 20. Since they keep doing it I have to think it's by design that he brings it out more times than not.
    So much for power running that yeserday on 1st and goal from Rams' 1 we called a passing play that resulted in a Luck sack for 9 yds loss.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    You have to think with as bad as that line is they go out and get an OG in the 1st round.
    Oh wait. We don't have a 1st. Unless you're talking about the last one.

Speaking of which, I don't wanna disparage the kid cause he may turn out really good and he laso had an injury that hampered him and cost him games but anyone else thinking why did we sign him in the 1st round? From what I read he was a defensive end and we believe we can transform him into a rushing OLB. It may turn out that way but I thought 1st round is the round you should wait immediate return.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    I don't disagree that an OL can make a back look good or bad which is also my point why trading your 1st for a RB that you knew where he was getting into? Unless of course they believed that satele and McGlynn would suddenly become world beaters.
    I also believe that a special RB like Lynch or Peterson will find ways to make one play here, another one there. Richardson hasn't showed something like that yet.
    I don't think they're going to draft an OLinemen. I think they'll go out and sign at least one more and hope when Thomas gets back they'll be in good shape. They need vet guys on the line.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Oh wait. We don't have a 1st. Unless you're talking about the last one.

Speaking of which, I don't wanna disparage the kid cause he may turn out really good and he laso had an injury that hampered him and cost him games but anyone else thinking why did we sign him in the 1st round? From what I read he was a defensive end and we believe we can transform him into a rushing OLB. It may turn out that way but I thought 1st round is the round you should wait immediate return.
    I fixed it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Any good OLinemen hitting the FA next offseason?

Thursday's game is the most important game of the season left. To clinch the division we just need to beat Tennessee twice and beat Houston again. If we lose on Thursday the division race is wide open.

Here's a list of all the eligible FA's next offseason.

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/featu...tion=OL&y=2014

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Not really. I doubt we pick up anyone starter-quality except for maybe a center. Castonzo-Thomas-Holmes-Thornton-Cherilus, for better or for worse.

Knowing this team, we will have a convincing win on Thursday Night that leaves us at 7-3. How could anyone complain after that?

Of course, if we lose, it's definitely time to get a bit nervous......

We played like ****. And while the offensive line took it to new levels of crappiness, this was a team effort in bad play. I'm glad there's a game this Thu, they need to get this taste out of their mouths.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah exactly. The kind of game that you want to get out of your system asap. I too expect a far improved performance (we can't do worse lol) and a win. It will at least show character for both responding to the ugly performance but also defeating the only team that is left in the division which is gunning for the first place.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

After the game Jeff Fisher was quoted as saying "HA! I finally beat Peyton Manning....what do you mean he isn't here anymore?!?"

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Been saying it for weeks, and people are still blaming TRich while inexplicably hoisting up DBrown. Come on guys. Hell, even the announcer kept praising Brown. I got news for ya, Brown ran for -1 yard Sunday. He's done no better than TRich in the past month. He's busted a few longer runs, but he's also been stuffed more. And you know what? It's nothing to do with TRich or DBrown --- it's our oline.

Our o-line was absolutely horrendous in this game. It was what started the snowball. They were absolutely terrible. In both phases. Didn't help that Luck had an off day and then the rest of our team just caved in after that. It all starts and stops with our O-line... they have gotten worse every week. Our offense will continue to struggle as long as those guys are getting absolutely blown up on every play.

We get this line fixed and TRich/DBrown becomes one helluva 1-2 punch.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-12-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I tell you what has disappointed me about TRich... pass catching. I thought he was supposed to be a good pass catcher but every catch seems to be an adventure. The commentators were questioning why they didn't utilize TRich more in the passing game, but then surmising the Colts needing him pass blocking some, but IMHO the main reason is he's not shown to be a consistent reception threat.
    What? He had 3 catches for 33 yards and nice YAC. If anything, his pass-catching has worked better than the Colts run game. They need to do it more; they haven't used him enough, if you ask me.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Been saying it for weeks, and people are still blaming TRich while inexplicably hoisting up DBrown. Come on guys.

Our o-line was absolutely horrendous in this game. It was what started the snowball. They were absolutely terrible.
    You have to remember that everyone's thoughts about T-Rich are going to be in the context of trading next year's first round pick. He's going to be held to a far higher standard than Donald Brown, a player who was drafted a long time ago. Has T-Rich given us any advantage so far, which is what we hoped we'd get when we traded a first rounder for him? So far it looks like you could plug in one of the yellow jacket CSC event workers and have the exact same results.

I'm not going to put much blame on T-Rich for this game. The O-line was on just another stratosphere of awfulness. But what about the prior six? The O-Line has certainly not been good this year, but Sunday's game was especially awful even by its low standards. Why was Bradshaw able to have far more success against the Niners than T-Rich has at any point of the season? Was the line just magically good that one game? I know we had already lost Thomas by that point. I need to go back and re-watch some of the highlights. In that Niners game, Bradshaw looked like a back who was able to create something out of nothing. T-Rich hasn't.

I supported the trade at the beginning and I tried to remain a believer for a long time. But it is what it is at this point, and it's looking like we got fleeced.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 11-12-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I'm not going to put much blame on T-Rich for this game. The O-line was on just another stratosphere of awfulness. But what about the prior six? The O-Line has certainly not been good this year, but Sunday's game was especially awful even by its low standards. Why was Bradshaw able to have far more success against the Niners than T-Rich has at any point of the season? Was the line just magically good that one game? I know we had already lost Thomas by that point. I need to go back and re-watch some of the highlights. In that Niners game, Bradshaw looked like a back who was able to create something out of nothing. T-Rich hasn't.
    In short, yes. When the line plays good for one game, and sucks the other 8, I think it's safe to conclude that the one game is the outlier, and the other 8 is what they really are.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    You have to remember that everyone's thoughts about T-Rich are going to be in the context of trading next year's first round pick. He's going to be held to a far higher standard than Donald Brown, a player who was drafted a long time ago. Has T-Rich given us any advantage so far, which is what we hoped we'd get when we traded a first rounder for him? So far it looks like you could plug in one of the yellow jacket CSC event workers and have the exact same results.

I supported the trade at the beginning and I tried to remain a believer for a long time. But it is what it is at this point, and it's looking like we got fleeced.
    So we traded what will likely be a ~25th pick for TRich, and everyone isn't okay with that. But drafting DBrown with the 27th pick makes sense. What hypocrisy is this? That's what these backs' values are to us, guys. One was a late 20s pick, and the other was the same.

Bradshaw did look good against San Fran -- because he had opportunities. This line *was* playing better at the beginning of the season and actually had a good game against the 9ers. We pushed them all over the place. We were actually living up to our "power game" label. Overall in the first few games, they weren't amazing, but they were a serviceable line on the up-and-up from last year, and Bradshaw simply took what they gave him, which was some holes. Since that game, it's been a *rapid* decline. The line went from so-so to absolutely terrible. I'm not the only one seeing it, it's finally getting mention in articles I've been reading and announcers have been slowly accepting it. The line went to **** over a month ago. It is what is going to be our downfall this year if it isn't addressed. If we *do* address it, we're back on track as a SB contender.

So to address the inevitable "why get a RB when your line sucks" comment --- when we acquired TRich, our line wasn't this big of an issue. You guys have to remember this. The line at the time had been doing alright. Besides... you need more help than 1 draft pick to fix this line. Even if we kept that pick, our line isn't fixed. Again... where is the logic in saying "let's not go get a really special back?" And he is a special back. It's been an outright travesty that this line hasn't been able to give him a single nice running opportunity yet. Absolutely unbelievable to think about. But he hasn't. Every play I've watched, he has absolutely nowhere to go. Not a single time did I see a play develop and think "Oh, here it is he's got a great hole, let's see what happens." Because there hasn't been a great hole. The only great hole I see is our offensive line. and let's not forget that TRich was acquired mid-season, which is almost unheard of. He had almost no time to get acclimated to this offense, which most of you have conveniently brushed off. He looks like he's making sense of it now, but it doesn't matter because our line has been so damn terrible, we can't even get 1 second into our play before the entire thing is blown up.

And I'll tell you this --- Luck didn't seem as "off" to me as he did "skittish". He's been looking more and more skittish the last few weeks. I hate to see this happen. But our line is starting to get in Luck's head. His throws were sailing and he's not stepping into it cleanly or releasing cleanly, and it appears to me that it's because he's thinking too much of the pocket and pressure. This line HAS to be addressed, or we're gonna have bigger issues on our hands than poor execution. He's getting hit like crazy. His throws are putting receivers in bad positions.

And why Pep isn't having Luck roll out is beyond me. That would be the single most logical solution to a ****** line situation.... roll-out and let Luck do some magic on the run.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-12-2013 at 12:27 PM.

I think short of pulling a gun on Andrew Luck, some of you will defend Trent Richardson tooth and nail no matter what.

Wow this board still exists!

Second yeah that loss sucked to say the least but in a way this might be a good thing as far as how the team handles itself forward. Maybe they will realize you can't take games off and you can't put yourself in a whole and expect to be bailed out by the QB.

That being said I'd be really concerned if we lost to the Titans on Thursday. At least losing to STL won't affect us as much. This division is so bad I think a 9-7 record could win it.

In short, yes. When the line plays good for one game, and sucks the other 8, I think it's safe to conclude that the one game is the outlier, and the other 8 is what they really are.
    Trent Richardson does not have a single game in his NFL career that you could even consider a positive outlier. But it's not safe to conclude he's an average running back?

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I think short of pulling a gun on Andrew Luck, some of you will defend Trent Richardson tooth and nail no matter what.
    I don't look at it really as defending Trent, but rather placing all the blame on a crappy offensive line. Truth be told, I'm a big Vick Ballard fan.

I don't look at it really as defending Trent, but rather placing all the blame on a crappy offensive line. Truth be told, I'm a big Vick Ballard fan.
    Yeah, I am too. I thought he was a fantastic draft pick and looked good last year. He and Bradshaw as a 1/2 punch had so much promise.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Trent Richardson does not have a single game in his NFL career that you could even consider a positive outlier. But it's not safe to conclude he's an average running back?
    For this season, no, he's not an average running back. But I'm not going to write off a guys entire career because the 5 most important guys in a running game, can't block the Bronie All-Stars.