Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Danny and his knee

Default Danny and his knee

Don't know how reliable this "source" but I would hate for this to be true.

By Frank Isola

The Indiana Pacers are the NBA’s lone undefeated team and Paul George is quickly entering into the conversation of best players not named LeBron.
    But all is not perfect in America’s heartland. According to a source, Danny Granger is experiencing soreness in his surgically repaired left knee after missing most of last season.
    The veteran forward is currently sidelined with a left calf injury that could keep him out another two weeks. The greater concern is his long-term health of his knee and whether Granger will regain his form.
    Even without Granger, the team built by Larry Bird and Donnie Walsh has enough talent and size to overtake the Miami Heat. Power forward Luis Scola will turn out to be one of the top moves of the offseason.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz2kDvrzlt1

Really want Danny to be a integral part of this team if it wins a championship. He deserves it after playing through those seasons of the Pacers struggling.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacerfan For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Danny and his knee

I want him to play as well, but the only way I seem him traded is if the Pacers have some sort of insanely good record in February, and he won't come back for the rest of the season sort of thing; even then I doubt the odds, the Pacers don't want to go over the luxury tax.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want him to play as well, but the only way I seem him traded is if the Pacers have some sort of insanely good record in February, and he won't come back for the rest of the season sort of thing; even then I doubt the odds, the Pacers don't want to go over the luxury tax.
    Yea, I don't think he will be traded either, but I want him to be playing if we win the championship this year if this is his last year here.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerfan For This Useful Post:

He won't be traded because there is no long term advantage of trading him. All it would do is guarantee Lance won't be back next season.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    He won't be traded because there is no long term advantage of trading him. All it would do is guarantee Lance won't be back next season.
    Yea I don't want him to be traded. I meant I want to see Danny playing instead of on the bench in his last season here if the Pacers end up winning the championship. He deserves to be a part of a title competing team. Hoping he's healthy enough to contribute in the playoffs.

no **** his knee's sore, Danny's knee is always going to be sore. this doesn't change anything.

I'm just ready for this whole thing to be over. How can I not expect the worst at this point?

One week from today would be 3 weeks right? Danny's first comments on the calf strain was that the team was just be cautious and that his knee felt fine. He said it could be 1 week or it could be 3. I'm sure he's aware that every game he misses lowers the value of his next contract so if he's not making his debut by the game in NY on the 20th. I have to think things are serious and the team isn't be honest with us. That doesn't mean he couldn't return later and help this team though. There is nothing to be gained in trading Danny unless it was for a draft pick but I can't see that happening and we can't take back any long term payroll. Right now I'm going to take what Granger and the Pacers tell us at face value.

Obviously not what I want to see. Hopefully it's just talk, or hopefully it's not what it sounds like. Hard not to fear the worst, though. Still think we can win title with or without him, but he'd definitely help.

I love Granger and everything he's done for this franchise but I think it's time to look at other options.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Sports Logo

Guys, it's Isola. Most Knick fans consider him a joke of a reporter if you take a minute and read their forums. I will worry when I hear about it from a reliable source. Candance would be such a source. Woj would be such a source. Isola just isn't reliable.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

That's really weak: "according to a source". Both Granger and Frank has said the exact oposite of this. I'd hope either Granger or the Pacers could give us a confirmed update soon.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...diana/3286111/

It's no big deal. It's approximately — I think, what is it three weeks? I mean honestly, it could be a week. It's just, we want to give myself some time. Like I said, it's a calf strain. I'd rather (the injury) be that than something else, honestly.
    My knee's been fine. I'm very happy. I had a muscle strain — no big deal.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CFgQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.abs-cbnnews.com%2Fsports%2F10%2F29%2F13%2Fpacers-granger-miss-three-weeks-calf-strain&ei=lap_UoTzOeffyQG1koBQ&usg=AFQjCNHGhtJRlYzxcmTXhHikfSwVTLXN1g&bvm=bv.56146854,d.aWc

Coach Frank Vogel has said there is no correlation between the knee and calf injuries.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Guys, it's Isola. Most Knick fans consider him a joke of a reporter if you take a minute and read their forums. I will worry when I hear about it from a reliable source. Candance would be such a source. Woj would be such a source. Isola just isn't reliable.
    Isola's plenty reliable. A lot of Knicks fans hate him because James Dolan hates him (also because a lot of Knicks fans are just dumb) and tries to prevent Isola from doing his job, but Isola's not some jerkoff Bleacher Report guy. He doesn't heap praise on the Knicks so Knicks fans get sensitive. But that still doesn't mean this "report" means anything. It's like saying Paul George was tired after the game last night. Seriously, this doesn't change anything, Danny will always have a sore knee.

I don't mean to come off combative, but what in the world makes Candance Buckner a more reliable journalist than Frank Isola? Because she writes for the Star instead of the Daily News? Isola's source could easily be Walsh, it wouldn't surprise me a bit. Some off the record call between them where Walsh says "...well y'know, Danny's knee's sore but we're still looking forward to him being back..." I like Buckner a lot, I think she's good at her job, but she has no track record to depend on for reliability.

Danny has a degenerative condition in his left knee. It's always going to be sore. It'll be sore when he's 65 and hasn't touched a basketball in years. This isn't news and doesn't change anything as far as I'm concerned.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Isola's plenty reliable. A lot of Knicks fans hate him because James Dolan hates him (also because a lot of Knicks fans are just dumb) and tries to prevent Isola from doing his job, but Isola's not some jerkoff Bleacher Report guy. He doesn't heap praise on the Knicks so Knicks fans get sensitive. But that still doesn't mean this "report" means anything. It's like saying Paul George was tired after the game last night. Seriously, this doesn't change anything, Danny will always have a sore knee.

I don't mean to come off combative, but what in the world makes Candance Buckner a more reliable journalist than Frank Isola? Because she writes for the Star instead of the Daily News? Isola's source could easily be Walsh, it wouldn't surprise me a bit. Some off the record call between them where Walsh says "...well y'know, Danny's knee's sore but we're still looking forward to him being back..." I like Buckner a lot, I think she's good at her job, but she has no track record to depend on for reliability.

Danny has a degenerative condition in his left knee. It's always going to be sore. It'll be sore when he's 65 and hasn't touched a basketball in years. This isn't news and doesn't change anything as far as I'm concerned.
    Candance is more reliable because she has sources inside this team. Isola doesn't have sources inside this team. He is a beat writer for the Knicks and he has sources about them not us. That's all.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Candance is more reliable because she has sources inside this team. Isola doesn't have sources inside this team. He is a beat writer for the Knicks and he has sources about them not us. That's all.
    If he still talks to Donnie Walsh, which is very possible, then he certainly has a valid source within the team.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

says who? the outlet he/she works for? Wojnarowski works for Yahoo, doesn't cover a specific team, ergo he has no sources I guess.

I think if I have to choose between hearing it right from the horses mouth or from a Knicks beat writer who doesn't want to list his source, then I know what I'm going to believe.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Or Copeland....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    If he still talks to Donnie Walsh, which is very possible, then he certainly has a valid source within the team.
    Hmm, that's a good point. If he still talks to Walsh then he could have a source.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    says who? the outlet he/she works for? Wojnarowski works for Yahoo, doesn't cover a specific team, ergo he has no sources I guess.
    Wojnarowski has a track record, though. He has proved that he has sources everywhere and he is one of the most reliable reporters right now. Isola has not proved such a thing.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

As far as trading granger IMO there's no chance of it happening healthy or not. Since the pacers are over the cap they would have to take equal salary back in a trade which would hinder the team from resigning lance. The pacers need granger as an expiring contract more to be able to stay under the luxury tax and be able to resign lance.

Unfortunately, I had a sneaking suspicion something could be up. We'll see, but something does seem weird about this situation. Why haven't we heard or seen much from Granger in a while?
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Isola has been in the NBA writing game for years.... I would suspect he has many sources.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    I love Granger and everything he's done for this franchise but I think it's time to look at other options.
    The other options are the guys playing now who have this team sitting at 7-0. We've been looking at the other options for 12 months now.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Wojnarowski has a track record, though. He has proved that he has sources everywhere and he is one of the most reliable reporters right now. Isola has not proved such a thing.
    Obviously. And Buckner has no track record at all. That's not a knock on her, again, I like her a lot and she seems trustworthy, but it's just a fact. But writing this off because it's a Knicks (Donnie Walsh guy) guy saying it is just sticking your head in the sand. And it's not even news! Not even a #hotsportstake! Danny's got a bum knee, it hurts, it's always going to hurt. I'm Danny's age and don't have a degenerative condition and MY knee hurts. Seriously, this doesn't mean anything other than Danny still has a body that moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Unfortunately, I had a sneaking suspicion something could be up. We'll see, but something does seem weird about this situation. Why haven't we heard or seen much from Granger in a while?
    when have we EVER seen or heard much from Granger?