Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Postgame Thread: Pacers Beat Nets!

Sports Logo

Default Re: Postgame Thread: Pacers Beat Nets!

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm pleasantly surprised. I thought this was likely going to be our first loss of the season. We didn't seem as tired as I expected. I think both teams played fairly well, but we just held on.
    I think that the extended rest in the second quarter is big for both Paul and Roy.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by colts19 View Post
    Thanks Larry Legend. I can't believe what I'm seeing. Is this a dream. Don't wake me.
    If Granger gets healthy were gonna beast. (You know better! only warning)
    go pacers!
    Last edited by able; 11-10-2013 at 12:06 AM. Reason: edge of infraction

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Great win.
    This was one i was concerned about. They have some guys that are a hard cover for us. Forth game in five, etc.

This is a game that (a couple years ago) we may have gotten rolled.
    Our focus and maturity are impressive.

I can see our starters really getting comfortable with each other. They just do not get rattled when they get down or miss some shots. They know how to work to their advantage.

The second unit is coming around. When we can get some consistent time for Scola, Watson, and Danny/Lance to work together I think we will have a very tuff bunch for opponent's back-ups to match up against.

Season's off to a great start. And contrary to what I've read here and there - We are not peaking early.

They've not seen our best yet!

And that's pretty awesome for a 7-0 squad.

GO PACERS!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solid For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

To steal an analogy Bill Simmons used a few years ago: Watching Pierce and Garnett on the Nets would be like watching Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc boss people around the set of some lame sitcom. This just doesn't look right and clearly these two guys would still rather be wearing green. Pierce has looked OK this season, but KG looks like a corpse out there. At the end of the game, Hibbet altered a shot of his and made him shoot an air ball like two inches away from the basket.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by colts19 View Post
    Thanks Larry Legend. I can't believe what I'm seeing. Is this a dream. Don't wake me.
    Imagine what Bird could do with Brooklyns payroll.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Roy's postgame interview: http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...bert-alink.nba. A jolly fellow.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Roy's postgame interview: http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...bert-alink.nba. A jolly fellow.
    What an excellent interview.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Mood

wanted to check in on the azz end of tonight's azz whoopin, typed in "nets.com"..... wtf? give it a try

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/99...-top-seed-mind

"We believe in this locker room that we can get the No. 1 seed and we started the year with that attitude," said Pacers forward David West after registering 18 points and eight rebounds. "The fact that Game 7 of the conference finals wasn't in our home building we felt was the difference in a trip to the Finals and we're going to do everything in our power to get a Game 7 in our building. And we have to start from the beginning of the season."

"If we're going to have playoff success, having home-court advantage would give us an edge," Pacers coach Frank Vogel said. "We were 8-1 at home in the playoffs last year. To lose a Game 7 on the road, that's a tough environment. We're trying for that No. 1 seed. We're going for it."

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to edc For This Useful Post:

For what its worth, I just checked out the schedule. Now I might be wrong but we only have one more stretch of 4 games in 5 nights. @ Boston, VS Utah, VS Golden State, @ Charlotte.

And thats the beginning of March. Thats three teams that could very easily be in full fledged tank mode.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

The best part to this start of the season is the fact that we could easily be playing a lot better (especially offensively) and we still are 7-0. Our effort and fire has been there every game, especially in the 3rd quarters.

I know a lot of posters like to **** on the idea of Danny coming back and being a valuable part of this team, but I sincerely believe a healthy DG gives us EXACTLY what we need which is one more consistent scorer from the perimeter. Once we shore up those stretches of ugly offensive basketball, we'll be even tougher to beat.

Very impressive start to the year however.
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 11-10-2013 at 01:34 AM.

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

I said it last night and ill say it again, smothering defense and it will only get better with Danny. Replacing Hill/OJ with Danny gives them more length, better rebounding, experience, and he's a major offensive upgrade even if he's 50%. Surely he can average more than 5-6.

This team is STACKED.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I also think the players aren't quite used to Scola yet either, he's had his moments but overall I feel like he'll be a lot better than he's been at the beginning of the season.

Just shooting the 17-20 foot jumpers is so nice, I think Scola tries to post on guys he shouldn't sometimes, especially when Roy is in the game, there's spacing issues and times where he just loses the ball.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Lance is looking at that shot by Jeff Green and going, "Wow."
    Why would Lance say "Wow"? I'd think that his first reaction would have been....."Eh, been there....done that against LeDecision and the Heat". ( well, sort of....but it was at the end of the 3rd QTR as a buzzer beater )
    Last edited by CableKC; 11-10-2013 at 03:09 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Ridiculous. I go to NBA.com and see there are video highlights up. Take a look:

http://www.nba.com/games/20131109/INDBKN/gameinfo.html

Who's the better team? Who won the game? And what is the breakdown of Pacers highlights vs Nets highlights? I don't like being the "They don't respect us" guy, but come on. Throw me a bone here.
    NBATV Gametime was the same....the headliner game was the Heat/Celtics game and the Pacers/Nets game was 2nd game highlighted.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Scintillating start to the year. Keep the train a rollin, but be ready for the bumps when they come.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    NBATV Gametime was the same....the headliner game was the Heat/Celtics game and the Pacers/Nets game was 2nd game highlighted.
    That was a rocking finish. If I ran NBATV, I'd lead off with that as well.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    The best part to this start of the season is the fact that we could easily be playing a lot better (especially offensively) and we still are 7-0. Our effort and fire has been there every game, especially in the 3rd quarters.

I know a lot of posters like to **** on the idea of Danny coming back and being a valuable part of this team, but I sincerely believe a healthy DG gives us EXACTLY what we need which is one more consistent scorer from the perimeter. Once we shore up those stretches of ugly offensive basketball, we'll be even tougher to beat.

Very impressive start to the year however.
    Name names. Good post otherwise.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I think that the extended rest in the second quarter is big for both Paul and Roy.

You **** up once, you lose two teeth

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    wanted to check in on the azz end of tonight's azz whoopin, typed in "nets.com"..... wtf? give it a try
    That's funny, right there. Was that part of the trade?
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to kester99 For This Useful Post:

Quick thoughts, from next morning...

1. Because the positives are easy and everyone is lumping them on, we'll start with the nitpicking. PG24 is falling a little too in love with his three. You hate to tell him "no", but I'd like to see more midrange shots like he buried in the second half. Just one play, too, but I didn't like that he hesitated at the rim on a drive in the first half and got stuffed. Looks like he wasn't sure whether to dunk or lay up and went up soft...again, the result of just playing a little too passive.

2. Again, nitpicking: Lance Stephenson hasn't seemed dialed in defensively the last two games. Allowing penetration on drives, having some problems with going over/under screens, not always getting his rotations right. It's more a mental thing than anything, but I think we'll concede Lance will have off nights on offense...he just needs to make sure his head is on straight on the defensive end.

3. I think this was a great game to show any remaining doubters why George Hill should start over CJ Watson. Hill's shot wasn't quite there, but his poise on the ball and general command of the entry pass was. Watson struggled mightily down the stretch, though still glad to have him on the team. Just hope I don't see much more of him trying to be "the man" when George and Hibbert are on the floor at the same time. And Stephenson for that matter.

4. Hibbert's jump shot is actually a thing of beauty when he steps into it. He started getting a little overconfident last night in sweeping hooks, trying to play post offense vs Lopez (no offense to Hibbert, but it's just not happening with any consistency). He's best vs a team like the Nets when he admits what doesn't work, tries enough to keep D honest but doesn't force the fact.

5. Key to this team's championship aspirations will be the play of West & Scola. They play like they have the last three games? No one is beating the Pacers in a 7-game series, because no one has the bodies/skills to quite match up with that, and it's going to open up a helluva lot for aggressive players looking to take theirs at the same time.

6. OJ is a pretty damn solid basketball player. He's not a particularly smart basketball player. I've said this for a while now. Still young, but he's good for both one basket you'd never think he'd hit per game, and one terribly boneheaded foul/shot/turnover/moment of frustration per game.

7. No one outside of Indiana has any idea what a tremendous passer David West is.

8. I continue to really like the season Ian Mahinmi is putting together. I thought he was slow on the help defense last night, but the guy plays tough, and NBA refs despite him for some reason despite the fact he has improved his vertical defense by leaps and bounds over last year.

What's crazy about this Pacers team, and I don't recall saying this about any IND squad in a while, is how MANY ways they can beat you. Paul George off? OK, guess West, Hibbert & co will pick it up. That still not working? Hill or Scola will step up, and you always chance the Stephenson freight train. One of those nights where no one can hit anything? That's OK, the defense will pick it up, and they'll create offense out that. Opponents going big? Pacers have an answer. Opponents going small? Pacers have an answer.

It won't always be pretty, because in a way, it's almost robotic. Whereas most teams have to get creative with rotations, lineups, plays to answer, the Pacers just throw out their calculated answer to every problem and have them run the same variation of the same set of plays.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    That's pretty funny. Try this if you haven't yet!

As some used to harp ... "You are your record..." lol
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

That is probably the most impressive victory yet. The nets played pretty well and seemed to be really going for a win, very intense and playoff like 4th quarter.

Is it me or did J Kidd look like a player who was hurt standing around the huddle in a suit as Lawrence frank was coaching
    Last edited by granger4mvp; 11-10-2013 at 08:05 PM.