Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Postgame Thread: Pacers Beat Nets!

Hybrid View

Default Postgame Thread: Pacers Beat Nets!

Didn't see a postgame thread. Hope it's ok if I make one.

What a game. Felt like a playoff game throughout, and I honestly didn't feel comfortable until Garnett threw it away in the final seconds. Still, a win is a win, and to gut one out against a division rival on their homecourt as the fourth game in five nights is pretty impressive. 7-0, baby!
    Last edited by Anthem; 11-09-2013 at 11:08 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Postgame Thread: Pacers Beat Nets!

7-0 baby.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This team is now navigating uncharted waters for a Pacers team..

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CoolHand For This Useful Post:

Sorry to sound like a broken record here guys... But I love this team!
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't see a postgame thread. Hope it's ok if I make one.

What a game. Felt like a playoff game throughout, and I honestly didn't feel comfortable until Garnett threw it away in the final seconds. Still, a win is a win, and to gut one out against a division rival on their homecourt as the fourth game in five nights is pretty impressive. 7-0, baby!
    In the wake of having a grammar thread.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

So the next time people complain about doing bad against a bad team, Miami just lost to Celtics. The margin of error in NBA is much less compared to College Basketball, have to appreciate the skill of all the players.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Im speechless

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Coupe For This Useful Post:

This is Paul George's world, we're just living in it.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tora tora For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    This is Paul George's world, we're just living in it.
    I love Paul's work tonight, but this wasn't an "MVP" type game. Luckily we had a great team effort, with every starter making great plays in the final couple of minutes. Roy with some great rim defense, West with the free throws and the clutch double team, PG with the midrange jumper, Lance with the poke-out to stop the fast break, and Hill getting fouled on the three and sinking the free throws.

Sure, each one of those guys also made at least one mistake in the closing minutes, but we got the win so only the successes will be remembered.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

The next game is on Monday and a well deserved rest for 4 days.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Big Shot Paul!!!!
    Fire up that tank and drive it to the lottery then to the draft

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Pacers are 7-0, and just won 4 games in 5 nights. Two of those games were against title contenders. Let that sink in for a minute. This is the best team in any sport that I have ever been a fan of.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FrenchConnection For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection View Post
    The Pacers are 7-0, and just won 4 games in 5 nights. Two of those games were against title contenders. Let that sink in for a minute. This is the best team in any sport that I have ever been a fan of.
    Bulls aren't playing like title contenders. In fact if they continue to play like this they may miss the playoffs completely.

3 Games up on the Heat, who somehow lost to the Celtics tonight. LOL

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Whew, 7-0 isn't supposed to be easy, I guess.

Go Pacers!
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

As an aside, tonight's a night where it would be really nice to have Danny Granger. Lance worked hard out there, but it would have been nice to have a little more size on the wing. Pierce/Johnson is gonna be trouble for a lot of teams (including us). Two big wings are hard to guard. It would be nice to throw Danny and PG out there together for a few minutes.

Enjoy your time at PD!

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

As an aside, tonight's a night where it would be really nice to have Danny Granger. Lance worked hard out there, but it would have been nice to have a little more size on the wing. Pierce/Johnson is gonna be trouble for a lot of teams (including us). Two big wings are hard to guard. It would be nice to throw Danny and PG out there together for a few minutes.
    I think Granger replaces OJ and Solo Hill's minutes, that is about 15-20 minutes or so. You can just see Solo isn't just ready yet, but it is good he is getting a few minutes here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    I think Granger replaces OJ and Solo Hill's minutes, that is about 15-20 minutes or so. You can just see Solo isn't just ready yet, but it is good he is getting a few minutes here and there.
    Yep. I like Solo, and think he'll play well for us next year. But right now I'd give all of his minutes away if I could. Those two guys together played 21 minutes, take a couple from Lance (who played 40) and you're in good shape.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Once he gets back into game shape I expect Paul's and Lance's minutes to drop, more from Lance, while Granger gets 28 to 32 minutes. I don't think we will be seeing Lance play 40 minutes anymore after Granger gets back.

Sports Logo

LOL, I justed checked the standings and realized, that we played against the worst team in the east tonight! ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by InYaFace View Post
    LOL, I justed checked the standings and realized, that we played against the worst team in the east tonight! ...lol
    That got me to check the standings, too

And guess what, we're obviously the team allowing the less points at 85.3, but the mind blowing stat is that the next team is sitting at 93 (SAS and CHI). That's almost 8 points ON AVERAGE we're giving up less than two defensive powerhouses, and it gets way steeper after them.

Wow.

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Marlin For This Useful Post:

Miami didn't just lose, they lost AT HOME. Ouch.

Pacers Magic Number over Miami is down to 72.

Enjoy your time at PD!

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Miami didn't just lose, they lost AT HOME. Ouch.

Pacers Magic Number over Miami is down to 72.
    Get the thread started. This team is pretty amazing, 4 games in 5 nights, everybody basically had their moments good and bad, but they pull out the big win.

I actually was very calm surprisingly at the end of this game, I'm starting to learn to trust this team down the stretch, even if Johnson had hit the 3 I felt someone would've made the play to win it.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Get the thread started.
    Too much work!

Maybe I'll do weekly updates or something. Or maybe every 10 games.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

What a great win.
    What a great team.
    What a great future we have.
    This is beyond even the extremely high expectations I had for this team. I am ecstatic for the Paul George era
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post: