Thread: Kmart's Black Friday starts on Thanksgiving Thursday

Default Kmart's Black Friday starts on Thanksgiving Thursday

Sucks for their employees why bother having a holiday its just another day at this point

Kmart’s Black Friday Starts On Thanksgiving Thursday

Holiday shopping season starts before the turkey is even carved

Get ready for the 41-hour Black Friday.

The arms race to start the holiday shopping season earlier and earlier stepped up a notch Tuesday, when Kmart announced it will open its stores at 6 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day — earlier than the 8 p.m. opening Macy’s and J.C. Penney are doing, and much earlier than the traditional day-after-Thanksgiving Black Friday start.

Kmart stores will open at 6 a.m. that day and close at 11 p.m. on Black Friday. Kmart also opened at 6 a.m. last year, but it closed for a few hours in the evening so workers could celebrate Thanksgiving, and again for a few hours before the Black Friday opening, the Today show reports.

This year, no such holiday reprieve.

Read more: Kmart Will Start Black Friday At 6am Thanksgiving Day | TIME.com http://business.time.com/2013/11/05/...#ixzz2jo9pnHwq

Default Re: Kmart's Black Friday starts on Thanksgiving Thursday

Hopefully no one will get crushed or stomped this year.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

The sad (true) part is that people will be there shopping.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Did anyone else wonder why Kenyon Martin wants to go shopping on Thanksgiving Day when they read the thread title?

Don't understand why Black Friday is still so popular. I'll wait for Cyber-Monday.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't understand why Black Friday is still so popular. I'll wait for Cyber-Monday.
    In some ways because it's an event. Besides the scavenger hunt aspect and strategy many folks get together with family as much on Black Friday as Thanksgiving.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

I like going out and buying cheap dvds, so it's not too stressful for me. Plus it's just funny going out at night where there's a million people running around.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

It's stressful dealing with Atlanta traffic. I'm not going out at all for Black Friday. You'll be stuck in traffic for hours.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    It's stressful dealing with Atlanta traffic. I'm not going out at all for Black Friday. You'll be stuck in traffic for hours.
    I've driven in New York, Chicago, and pretty much any large Midwest to South big city and Atlanta is the only city I've gripped the steering wheel so hard I though it would break off. Only place I know if you're driving slower than 80 mph they think you must be an old person or know you're not from around there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

That is just really crappy for the families who work at these stores and it will only get worse until they are open all day on Thanksgiving and the Friday after Thanksgiving.

You could not pay me enough to get out in that crap. People go insane that day and I will just wait till cyber Monday and get better deals anyways.

I wonder how many people will get hurt or killed this year because of Black Friday craziness.

Black Friday now a fortnight. Bring your tents, money and self loathing, we'll supply the portapotty's and suicide booths.

Now really free Lance!

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

MERICA!

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I'd really like it if Thanksgiving were on a Friday and Black Friday were on a Saturday so that I don't have to go back into work for one day before the weekend.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think that having Black Friday actually begin on Thanksgiving is a very greedy move, and I frown on any company that partakes in it. Let people spend time with their families on the holidays. That's what they're for. People can still shop the other 360ish days of the year.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I think that having Black Friday actually begin on Thanksgiving is a very greedy move, and I frown on any company that partakes in it. Let people spend time with their families on the holidays. That's what they're for. People can still shop the other 360ish days of the year.
    I don't blame the stores at all. The real battle here starts at home. How do you get a consumer society to not see shopping with their family as something on the same level with eating and spending time with their family? If people will come, stores will be open. No business is going to leave money on the table, ever. And they shouldn't be expected to.

Hard to resist the urge..... Walmart has the mid level WIFI Sony blu-ray player at $48 bucks. Wow... I paid $399 for my first player and it wasn't even a PS3. Paid $99 for my HD player because of Wally/s BFriday sale back when they were still competing for a winner in the HD wars.