Thread: Odd Thoughts: 6-0 we go......

Default Odd Thoughts: 6-0 we go......

Very very short on time right now so we are going to do this bullet point style.

The combination of George Hill & C.J. Watson is just absolutely killer. We think we have ridicules depth at the four? Im telling you Watson would have been the best point guard we have had on our team since when Jamaal Tinsley collapsed into oblivion. In other words hes our second best point guard in 10 years and George Hill is our best, how sick is that. In fact Watson didnt even really have that strong of a game but it was enough
    Lois Scola though, damn it is so nice to have those shots from him in the 4th quarter. Tonight we got to see a head to head example of why the changing of the backup 4s works in our favor. Tyler, while a player I still like, just has no ability to score beyond anything up close. Lois on the other hand can score from almost anywhere and his ability to hit that face up jumper changes how teams defend us so much its not even funny. In fact the odd thing to say about this is that I only think its going to get better as the year goes on.
    For the first time all season when we had our second quarter funk I actually didnt even have a moment of doubt for a couple of reasons. One Gay was just hitting obscene shots that he most likely would not be able to continue to do and secondly and more importantly their bench was about to appear in the form of D.J. Augustine & Tyler. Amazingly their lead disappeared nearly at the same time those two were in. It was like Dj vu all over again.
    Its nice to see that the toilet scrubber Steve Novac is being used for the purposes that God intended him, well beyond cleaning truck stop toilets that is. His one 1 min & 54 second contribution to the game was to take and miss a three. In his defense I guess thats still 1 min & 54 seconds longer than Copeland can get.
    Lance just being Lance. He probably did have a bad Charlie horse though so I cant say I blame him to much but man weve seen that act before.
    BTW didnt DeRozan used to be good? In fact didnt he outplay Paul a couple of times last season? Not now, not even in the same world.
    Nice night for Roy to hit some shots, that helped keep the game going early on before Paul picked it up to carry us home.
    This team is just absolutely amazing to watch. The defense is just a machine and we so far have had enough offense to make it through.
    Our defense is so good that out of the 6 teams that have played us not a single one of them have had any luck running their initial primary offense against us. They have all had to go to plan B and often times C & D.
    The team that ends up beating us I suspect will just have one of those nights when they cant miss anything. In all honesty other than an injury or foul trouble I dont see any other offense that will have much success.

On to the Nets and another test against another team that people think will be a contender in the end.

P.S. Hopefully this puts the ghost of ptaylor2112 8th grade teacher to rest. I was adding an apostrophe to my S at the end of Odd Thoughts and he informed me I'm wrong. Graham would be proud of him.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Odd Thoughts: 6-0 we go......

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

P.S. Hopefully this puts the ghost of ptaylor2112 8th grade teacher to rest. I was adding an apostrophe to my S at the end of Odd Thoughts and he informed me I'm wrong. Graham would be proud of him.
    "A rose my any other name is still a rose."

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm pretty sure it's Luis, not Lois, Peck. Don't let that hair fool you.

Got to admit...after watching the last few years, it's almost hard to believe our backup PF is hitting those jumpers. I'm still in the "No! No-o-o...YES!" stage with it.

--------------------------

Ha. Just listened to the Offspring. That could have been a Pacers tag line in the not too distant past: "The more you suffer the more it shows you really care. Right?"
    Last edited by kester99; 11-09-2013 at 06:15 AM.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kester99 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

• and secondly and more importantly their bench was about to appear in the form of D.J. Augustine & Tyler. Amazingly their lead disappeared nearly at the same time those two were in. It was like Dj vu all over again.

You **** up once, you lose two teeth

It’s nice to see that the toilet scrubber Steve Novac is being used for the purposes that God intended him, well beyond cleaning truck stop toilets that is. His one 1 min & 54 second contribution to the game was to take and miss a three. In his defense I guess that’s still 1 min & 54 seconds longer than Copeland can get.
    In Cope's defense, he'd be getting minutes in Toronto and Novac wouldn't make the team here.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Say it out loud. Graham Mernatsi's Avatar

I'll light a candle for him.

Sports Logo

Its nice to see that the toilet scrubber Steve Novac is being used for the purposes that God intended him, well beyond cleaning truck stop toilets that is. His one 1 min & 54 second contribution to the game was to take and miss a three. In his defense I guess thats still 1 min & 54 seconds longer than Copeland can get.
    Eh, Cope would play if he was on the Raptors. He is better than Novak.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Luis Scola - Helping the Pacers Go Farder.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Let's bury another team that the so called experts pick to challenge the Heat but not the Pacers. Already hammered the Bulls.

Both teams played yesterday, but this will be the Pacers 4 game in 5 days. (I think the power that be have something against the Pacers cause they always seem to get screwed with scheduling). However, I think the Pacers can easily beat the Nets.

On paper, the Nets starting five is as size and length to combat us. However, KG and PP are over the hill. Anyone else think Deron just looks disinterested anymore? It's like he really doesn't care. Lopez is a very good offensive player, but he's going to have to hit mid ranges, cause Hibbert will eat him up inside. JJ is still good. Their bench has a little depth on it with Blatche and Terry.

Probably a down to the wire game, but I'm hoping they blow the Nets out.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I actually trust scolas jump shot more than West's atm. West still hits a lot of them, but those midrange jumpers aren't automatic lime they were when he first joined us.
    The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Their bench has a little depth on it with Blatche and Terry.
    Their bench has tons of depth with Andrei Kirilenko and Shaun Livingston on top of Blatche and Terry.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Little fun fact from ESPN's recap:

Paul George is the 3rd player in Pacers franchise history to score more than 20 points in each of his first 6 games of a season. The last to do so was Reggie Miller 23 years ago. Clark Kellogg scored more than 20 in the first 7 games of the 1985-86 season.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400488947

Nice, PG

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I think Brooklyn will try and bring it tonight, they are vets and know how to turn it on for a game here and there. That being said I am not as afraid of them as the media seems to think I should be. I had no doubt at all that we would beat Toronto last night but its always fun to see the Pacers beat a team with a former player on it.

Lance was in some pain going back to the locker room. He stumbled in the tunnel. It was enough to make me nervous. I was glad to see him come back out.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Their bench has tons of depth with Andrei Kirilenko and Shaun Livingston on top of Blatche and Terry.
    Livingston is decent, but Kirilenko is a shell of his former self. No longer a huge defensive threat if you ask me.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Livingston is decent, but Kirilenko is a shell of his former self. No longer a huge defensive threat if you ask me.
    Oh, he still is that guy. Believe me. I watched how Russia fell apart without him this summer.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just for everyone's reference, I found the post game grades from the Raptors version of 8pt9sec:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/...91-raptors-84/

The closing thoughts are a hoot.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Just for everyone's reference, I found the post game grades from the Raptors version of 8pt9sec:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/...91-raptors-84/

The closing thoughts are a hoot.
    From that...

If not Hibbert, who ya got? (as best center in eastern conference).

Lets see... Horford, noah, lopez just to name a few. Id still take young players like vucevic, drummond, and val over him as well. Not now but I think they'll be better in the future. Maybe even larry sanders. He is definitely top 5 in the east currently but hes overrated... and slow.

Does this guy even watch basketball lol.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post: