View Poll Results: Tonight's Player of the Game goes to...

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul George

10 17.86%
  • Roy Hibbert

42 75.00%
  • Luis Scola

2 3.57%
  • Someone else

2 3.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 11/8/13

Default Re: Pacers/Raptors Postgame Thread 11/8/13

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the payment for watching the bickering, feuding, selfish Pacers of not too long ago. Or the bad basketball preached by Jim O'Brien. The empty seats... the catcalls... the boos for our own team...

This version of the Pacers look like they are on the verge of something special... and all of that makes it even sweeter.
    I was hoping it would pay off. Long live Travis Diener.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I had something going on tonight and couldn't watch this game. I'm glad to hear Lance is OK. This game looks like a typical win for a great team against an inferior opponent. We allowed them to hang around in the first half before putting a chokehold on them in the third quarter.

I can't wait to watch tomorrow night. If we go into Brooklyn and pull a win off, then the national media will really be buzzing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I had something going on tonight and couldn't watch this game. I'm glad to hear Lance is OK. This game looks like a typical win for a great team against an inferior opponent. We allowed them to hang around in the first half before putting a chokehold on them in the third quarter.

I can't wait to watch tomorrow night. If we go into Brooklyn and pull a win off, then the national media will really be buzzing.
    Really the Pacers looked like they decided in the 2nd qtr that they weren't going to lose to the Dinos. And then erased (most of) the deficit in the 2nd qtr and used that as a springboard in the 3rd qtr...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Others have already said it. We basically played bad yet won fairly decisively. Impressive. We just have so many talented players now that when you combine it with our amazing defense, we are just scary good right now.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I didn't get to see much of the game, mostly just the second quarter, but it pleased me to see Orlando be the spark off the bench that set the come back in motion.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Also, it was nice to have George Hill remind me tonight why he's the starting PG; he was great.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    OT ended and they lost.
    Despite that, no Net played more minutes than Paul George. They seem to be taking their time to get in shape, either that or they were prioritising tomorrow's game. Hopefully George Hill will be fresh, and Lance will be healthy, enough to go. Going forward, I wonder if a European soccer style of rotation, resting certain starters in certain games, will help keep the team fresh. Popovich had rested his stars altogether before but I think the Indy bench is deep enough to cover for 1 starter at a time in selected games to keep them fresh for the playoffs. There are short term benefits as well as a fresh reserve might be more productive than a tired starter.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Team Indy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Wow...there is a low turnout for this Post game thread....everyone must still be in Downtown Indy...at Scotty's Brewhouse having a beer....or passed out at Scotty's Brewhouse while having TOO MANY beers in celebration of the 6-0 start.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

On Scola, courtesy of count55:

(could have gotten Scola's first name right, though )

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I feel bad for DJ Augustine. And probably all of the Toronto players if that's how their coach treats the ends of somewhat close games.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    I feel bad for DJ Augustine. And probably all of the Toronto players if that's how their coach treats the ends of somewhat close games.
    didn't they have an equally baffling ending In the game against Charlotte

I hate correcting Count, but.........16-22 is still 16 made shots, since the cheapest one is 2 pts, the 30 points can't be that right (providing of course he did not include ft's in there)
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I know there's no way to make it happen and we've already got the position filled, but man I'd love Amir Johnson as our backup 4. I love that dude.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Team Indy View Post
    Despite that, no Net played more minutes than Paul George. They seem to be taking their time to get in shape, either that or they were prioritising tomorrow's game. Hopefully George Hill will be fresh, and Lance will be healthy, enough to go. Going forward, I wonder if a European soccer style of rotation, resting certain starters in certain games, will help keep the team fresh. Popovich had rested his stars altogether before but I think the Indy bench is deep enough to cover for 1 starter at a time in selected games to keep them fresh for the playoffs. There are short term benefits as well as a fresh reserve might be more productive than a tired starter.
    We are much younger than the spurs, I think rest isn't too much an issue when your stars are 23 years old man. And we keep playing like this they will be sitting out the last few games anyway
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    We are much younger than the spurs, I think rest isn't too much an issue when your stars are 23 years old man. And we keep playing like this they will be sitting out the last few games anyway
    yeah, having a 3 game lead in the Central a week and a half into the year is pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    On a back to back against the Bulls, we played very well in the 4th quarter. I would say we have the advantage at least on that note against an older Brooklyn team. They did rest some of their starters, but against this Pacer team it may not matter. The one advantage Brooklyn has over Toronto is Lopez and the fact their old dogs are not going to try to go through Hibbert as much as shoot from the perimeter. I think it will be tough to beat them.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    On Scola, courtesy of count55:

(could have gotten Scola's first name right, though )
    He is also shooting 66.7% in Catch and Shoot situations. He is attempting 3.6 Catch and Shoot FGA per Game and making 2.4 of them. That should make Lance and PG very happy.

Speaking of Lance, he has already scored 42 points in Catch and Shoot situations. The only players that have scored more points in those situations so far are Klay Thompson and Kyle Korver. JJ Redick has 42 points as well but Lance beats him a lot in Catch and Shoot eFG% (Lance is at 77.8% while Redick is at 58.3%)

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingC...&sortOrder=DES
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Refs HATE Ian

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Antonio For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
    Refs HATE Ian
    maybe, but I think it's more that they LOVE Roy

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    He is also shooting 66.7% in Catch and Shoot situations. He is attempting 3.6 Catch and Shoot FGA per Game and making 2.4 of them. That should make Lance and PG very happy.

Speaking of Lance, he has already scored 42 points in Catch and Shoot situations. The only players that have scored more points in those situations so far are Klay Thompson and Kyle Korver. JJ Redick has 42 points as well but Lance beats him a lot in Catch and Shoot eFG% (Lance is at 77.8% while Redick is at 58.3%)

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingC...&sortOrder=DES
    See, that surprises me. Catch and shoot is one of those things I think I'm watching for, and I would have sworn we were hesitating too much after getting the ball and not putting it up.

Maybe my definition is different from the tracking stats definition, but I'll have to watch Scola and Lance more specifically in those situations.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk 4
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

A two-page post-game thread? For shame, Pacers Digest. I know college basketball season just started, but show some respect. Get your priorities in order!

The nets are going to feel like they hit a brick wall tomorrow. I love it.

and has it been 3 weeks yet? What's our most recent granger report. Granger Watson scola Ian is better than some teams starting 4 and we have them as backups

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    See, that surprises me. Catch and shoot is one of those things I think I'm watching for, and I would have sworn we were hesitating too much after getting the ball and not putting it up.

Maybe my definition is different from the tracking stats definition, but I'll have to watch Scola and Lance more specifically in those situations.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk 4
    Here is how the tracking stats define catch and shoot:

Quote Originally Posted by NBA.com
    Any jump shot outside of 10 feet where a player possessed the ball for 2 seconds or less and took no dribbles.
    I really don't see Scola hesitating a lot on those shots. On the contrary, he seems absolutely confident and I know that he is shooting it the moment that he gets the ball in his spots.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

I thought the B&G, especially Paul, looked like a 5-0 team playing a bad team in the first quarter. We can beat these guys by just showing up and playing. Good for Toronto and Rudy Gay for taking advantage of that lack of focus.

But it looked like the Pacers got their act together and settled themselves down. A nice example of just how well the Heat were playing last season. Nice professional effort.

Interesting bit of officiating last night. I've see guys miss calls before and be out of position before, but this was the first time I've seen a guy just not paying attention to the game. David Guthrie had one short stretch where he just stop watching the game. When guys went down he just kinda shook his head and said that had to be a foul and called it. Not a clue what actually happened. It was strange. Normally NBA officials are pretty focused.