Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hibbert and Drummond tiff?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Hibbert and Drummond tiff?

Its hard for Roy to talk trash when he only averages 8pts a game... Trash talk is apart of bball... Man up Roy and gain some offense ...PLEASE!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Millertime3131 For This Useful Post:

Roy is playing like the defensive player of the year right now. He can say almost whatever the hell he wants.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's probably your defensive player of the year though, if he keeps this up.

Roy doesn't have good offensive instincts. He can bully smaller frontlines and he's technically sound, but he just isn't fluid enough to be an elite scoring center.

All the same, he's the best defensive center in the nba, and There isn't a close #2. He's playing extremely well, even if he isn't scoring points. Ben Wallace was an elite center and struggled to break 10 points nightly.
    Last edited by Kstat; 11-08-2013 at 03:51 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy is playing like the defensive player of the year right now. He can say almost whatever the hell he wants.
    I was wondering about this the other day. This keeps up how many All Stars are we gonna have? PG's obvious, with Chandler out, Noah injured and playing badly, Roy's gotta be an All Star again right? Right now those two are kinda locks, right?

The wildcard, and I can't believe I'm saying it, is Lance Stephenson an All Star?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Roy and George are shoe ins at this pace. A third all star pacer is highly unlikely.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Yeah, unless all the usual suspects for the East are injured, Lance won't be an All Star this year. Just not enough love/respect from the coaches in the league at this point.

Sports Logo

Athletes usually answer to what reporters them ask them so I really wonder who the heck asked this question

In any case, it's a non-issue to me. I don't see what Roy said to him as a complaint. It mostly seems like an advice since he is older and knows how those things work. But it's good that Andre is willing to do what he has to do for his team to win.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I was wondering about this the other day. This keeps up how many All Stars are we gonna have? PG's obvious, with Chandler out, Noah injured and playing badly, Roy's gotta be an All Star again right? Right now those two are kinda locks, right?

The wildcard, and I can't believe I'm saying it, is Lance Stephenson an All Star?
    Perhaps West has the better credentials and recognition based not only on this year's production while voters might feel Lance still has time. If West picks it up a little and if the Pacers lead the NBA at that point, then he could get in.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think it's possible. If the Pacers have 40 wins by the time they pick the all star reserves, then Stephenson and West are probably going to make it I would think.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

I think any talk of Lance as an all star is getting ahead of ourselves. Let's wait to see if his start isn't just a good player putting together a few great games. He had 4 great games to start, I'd say game 5 was a bad game for 3 quarters and injury or not game 6 was a bad game. If he's still playing like he was in the first 4 games 20 games into the season, I'll believe he's for real.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't believe YOU would be saying this. Six games into the season. NOTHING is a lock. Not the playoffs, not a winning record. Certainly not our key players staying healthy. And not our players continuing to play as well as they are right now.

I certainly consider that some things are highly likely, but there is only one thing that I would consider a lock throughout the season. And that is that Vogel will influence his team to play hard almost every game they play, no matter who is available to dress for any given game.

I once took my team and it's performance for granted, and one night early into the season, i watched on television as they imploded right before my eyes. From that moment on, I take nothing for granted. And I consider nothing to be a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    I can't believe YOU would be saying this. Six games into the season. NOTHING is a lock. Not the playoffs, not a winning record. Certainly not our key players staying healthy. And not our players continuing to play as well as they are right now.

I certainly consider that some things are highly likely, but there is only one thing that I would consider a lock throughout the season. And that is that Vogel will influence his team to play hard almost every game they play, no matter who is available to dress for any given game.

I once took my team and it's performance for granted, and one night early into the season, i watched on television as they imploded right before my eyes. From that moment on, I take nothing for granted. And I consider nothing to be a lock.
    why ME lol

why ME lol
    Because, even though you are a Purdue fan (lol), more often than not you offer a voice of reason. You surprised me on this one. Although I realize it's a hypothetical discussion based on he continuance of present performance.

As for the Purdue dig, I must confess that I was a Purdue/IUPUI grad and an IU bball fan. How's that for proof of major mental warpage?

Because, even though you are a Purdue fan (lol), more often than not you offer a voice of reason. You surprised me on this one. Although I realize it's a hypothetical discussion based on he continuance of present performance.

As for the Purdue dig, I must confess that I was a Purdue/IUPUI grad and an IU bball fan. How's that for proof of major mental warpage?
    hey, I said if it keeps up. just an off the cuff discussion starter I suppose.

and the Purdue grad/IU fan thing...that's not uncommon and a really long rant I could go on about the extreme difficulties of growing Purdue as a brand in a state with one as instilled (justly) as IU's if I didn't exercise self control.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    He's probably your defensive player of the year though, if he keeps this up.

Roy doesn't have good offensive instincts. He can bully smaller frontlines and he's technically sound, but he just isn't fluid enough to be an elite scoring center.
    Maybe you are right about the instincts but he's fluid enough to get off a good shot against any player guarding him. His problem has been finishing curiously enough. A guy with his touch and height should hit a higher percentage but for some reason he leaves points on the floor with all of those soft hooks that rim out. You would think he would work on that part of the game more rather than all that weight lifting. He should have learned to use glass years ago. It would do wonders for his his fg%. He should try to take a dribble and get to the basket for close baskets at times instead of settling on a hook shot. He should develop various turnaround jumpshots so he won't have to take off-balance hook shots when he is at a bad angle and bad distance from the hoop. But even more than that he has lacked aggression and confidence on offense throughout his career. Anyone who saw the last 25 games of last season as well as the playoffs run cannot sit and tell me the guy doesn't have a more varied offensive arsenal than most big men in the NBA. And, no, all of those games were not against small frontcourts either. He should use that arsenal more often and be more demanding.

Oh, and it doesn't help that as good as the Pacers are they still don't create all that many opportunities for their big men inside. Roy's baskets are still mostly coming from the shots he creates for himself. Compare that to other teams, even bad ones, in which the perimeter guys feed their bigs for uncontested dunks more often.

As for Drummond, Roy needs to keep his mouth closed. He's getting into a few too many off-court verbal spars, like that short-lived one he had with John Wall last season until Roy realized he misinterpreted a quote from Wall. Later with than bs. Who cares if Drummond was talking trash to him. Let it go. Don't whine about it to the press afterwards as if you got your feelings hurt. Frankly this is surprising considering that Drummond once had a good relationship with Roy, at least via twitter where the two used to exchange tweets when Drummond was in his last year in high school.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to KennerLeaguer For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

It's hard to believe I'm saying this, but I think it is time to let that trauma go. I understand the idea of not assuming the best will happen automatically (remember 1999), but looking forward to the best with anticipation is one of the ways to just enjoy a ride that fans don't get to do very often.

Never mind that (frantically knocking on wood) there seems to be no reason whatsoever to believe the same sort of thing will happen. An injury, maybe (and my heart kind of stopped when Lance actually went down after trying to get back up last night), but after all the certainties of mediocrity all those years I'm going to take every minute as it comes and lose myself in the moment.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk 4
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

23. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I'm going to take every minute as it comes and lose myself in the moment.
    We are on the same page. Count no chicken before it is hatched. Take every minute as it comes and enjoy the ride, assuming nothing before it arrives.

As Mary Steenburgen's character stated in Parenthood, "I enjoy the roller coaster."