View Poll Results: Would you like to see forum awards presented again this year?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely!

29 69.05%
  • I'm interested, but not terribly so.

9 21.43%
  • Count me out!

4 9.52%

Thread: Should we have Forum Awards again this year? I report, you decide.

Default Should we have Forum Awards again this year? I report, you decide.

I've started this thread to gauge interest in another go-around for the Pacers Digest Forum Awards (last held at the All-Star break in 2012). These awards - held eight times previously - allow PDers to acknowledge and celebrate the varied contributions of their fellow posters. If you are interested in participating (i.e. nominating and voting), please vote accordingly in the poll. This is a private poll, so don't hold back.

If there is enough interest, the awards will be held at season's end (after the final playoff game). Why ask about it now, then, five games in? Well, in years past, we had some categories (e.g. Post of the Year and Thread of the Year) that called for a little bit of recollection. I also want to give people the chance to campaign for themselves and for others.

Here is the list of last year's awards:

Most Valuable Poster – Awarded to the poster who you believe to be most valuable to the board.
    Most Humorous Poster – Awarded to the funniest poster on Pacers Digest.
    Best Debater – Awarded to the poster whose arguments are the most convincing.
    International Poster of the Year – Awarded to your favorite poster who lives outside the United States.
    Best Non-Pacer Fan – Awarded to your favorite poster whose primary loyalties lie with another NBA team.
    Sunshiner of the Year – Awarded to the poster who you think was consistently optimistic and hopeful about the team and its players.
    Moderate Poster of the Year – Awarded to the poster who you think was most level-headed and reasonable during both highs and lows.
    Darksider of the Year – Awarded to the poster who you think was least optimistic about the team and its players.
    The Post More Often Award – Awarded to the poster who you wish, for whatever reason, would post more often.
    Best Arm-Chair Coach – Awarded to the poster who displayed the greatest knowledge of the game of basketball in his or her discussion of the team and its players.
    Rookie of the Year – Awarded to the best poster who has joined the board since the last awards season (February, 2012). The minimum post count for inclusion is 500 posts.

If there are any awards you’d like to see added to this list, please feel free to introduce them in this thread. Please give the award a title and brief description like the ones listed above. Any idea that garners thirty or more 'Thanks' will be added to the slate. Debate and discussion is encouraged.

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Should we have Forum Awards again this year? I report, you decide.

I think these are always fun

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I think, just for this year, there should be a Destiny's Child Award for the poster who doesn't give up, works harder, and survives the six or seven dozen Danny vs. Lance threads with working joints and unbloodied fingertips. Ditto for anyone who types with his or her forehead.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I actually thought about this today and wondered if they were held in another forum and I had missed them because early on when I joined some of the winners were still a topic of discussion. I think it sounds great
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Sports Logo

Heck yeah
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Not that I'm interested in winning since I don't post as much as the regulars here. But the awards from the previous years were fun so I think let's get this started

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think, just for this year, there should be a Destiny's Child Award for the poster who doesn't give up, works harder, and survives the six or seven dozen Danny vs. Lance threads with working joints and unbloodied fingertips. Ditto for anyone who types with his or her forehead.
    QFT.

A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, sure, sounds like fun. Might even get me to post more often.
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."

we usually do it in the offseason. IMO too much other stuff going on right now. .

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

I selected #3 count me out, but would have preferred to vote "I don't care".
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

While the awards have traditionally been given out to PDers only, perhaps this year we could add a Media Award for best coverage of the team (radio, online, print or t.v.) or even have some player categories like Best Addition. Just throwing out some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we usually do it in the offseason. IMO too much other stuff going on right now.
    Don't worry, 2012 will remain an outlier as far as scheduling is concerned; the plan is to hold the awards after the Pacers' final playoff game.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Count me in!

Could we add an award for players? How about the BAMF Award. Name it in honor of Dale Davis.

The Dale Davis BAMF Award - Awarded to the Pacers player who don't take no **** off of anyone on the court, and who can frequently induce bed-wetting nightmares in opposing players, as voted on by the posters of Pacers Digest.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Best attendance award?
    Smothered Chicken!

I've been waiting for last season's Awards, guess we skipped a year =)

Yes, let's do it. They are fun.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

Bumping to attract more voters.

Please vote if you haven't done so already. We've had upwards of 100 people voting in the post-game threads, and only 33 votes in this poll (as of this post). Whether you're interested or not, I'd like to hear from you. Thanks again!

Starting to wake up.
    Mood

Sports Logo

What happened to the hottest Pacemate award?

EDIT: My vote goes to Britney G.
    Last edited by RamBo_Lamar; 11-12-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Only if I win

If Thread of the Year is to be a category, I would like to go ahead and nominate "Granger to Resume Practice" as an early candidate.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson