Thread: Johnathan Martin

Default Johnathan Martin

It seems to me that Martin can't go back to the Dolphins if he returns to the NFL. Probably he would be most comfortable with the colts since he has 3 fellow offensive players and Pep to ease him back to playing.

Probably Indy would be his destination of choice. Martin is definitely worth a gamble if he decides to return to football and the dolphins are not looking for lots of compensation.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Johnathan Martin

Might as well call the team Stanford East

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ya I've thought the same.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sign Martin Irsay!!!!
    David "And One" West

I'm not saying everyone would hate on him, but it looks as if the Dolphins locker room has different perspectives. Things are going good here, I don't think the colts need to bring in a polarizing figure.
    DG for 3

Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not saying everyone would hate on him, but it looks as if the Dolphins locker room has different perspectives. Things are going good here, I don't think the colts need to bring in a polarizing figure.
    this story will blow over soon enough. a year from now, nobody will remember who Martin is. There will be another, overblown, scandal to report about
    David "And One" West

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Can he play guard
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Don't want him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Martins camp just released a statement.

Supposedly the statement has a text from a teammate at the very end of it that is extremely graphic. They wouldn't even air it or paraphrase it on the halftime show.

I think Martin may choose to go to law school. Hard to blame him. If it comes out, as some are saying, that the coaches might have sent Incognito to toughen him up. If that's true...whoa nelly are we in for a media/legal hurricane.

Plus the inevitable Few Good Men parodies.
    Last edited by Ransom; 11-07-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Martins camp just released a statement.

Supposedly the statement has a text from a teammate at the very end of it that is extremely graphic. They wouldn't even air it or paraphrase it on the halftime show.
    Quote is at the end...

http://deadspin.com/jonathan-martins...ium=socialflow

He wouldnt start on this team but he would be a much better swing tackle than Nixon or Linkenbach will ever dream off.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    I need a shower. Just yikes. I mean, yeah it's different culture but...shoot if I'm Martin I'm pondering the police at that point.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I need a shower. Just yikes. I mean, yeah it's different culture but...shoot if I'm Martin I'm pondering the police at that point.
    Yes. Vile.

Was that Incognito or another teammate that sent that? Are they ganging up on Martin or what? I think the whole Dolphins coaching staff needs to go. If they are condoning that behavior that is pathetic.

This probably explains why Vontae hated playing for the Dolphins. Another connection that could smooth a transition, they can sympathize with each other on their hate for the Dolphins organization.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I'm not about to pretend to know the dynamics of that situation, they can get REALLY weird in a locker room, but this stuff's another reason I'd want my non-existent son to play basketball exclusively. A lot of us played in high school and AAU and whatnot, cliques can definitely develop, but there's no way I can see not knowing a teammate's being bullied to that degree in a hoops locker room, just because of the size of the roster. At the post high school level you can probably go weeks without anything more than a "what's up man" between offense and defense with football.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm not about to pretend to know the dynamics of that situation, they can get REALLY weird in a locker room, but this stuff's another reason I'd want my non-existent son to play basketball exclusively. A lot of us played in high school and AAU and whatnot, cliques can definitely develop, but there's no way I can see not knowing a teammate's being bullied to that degree in a hoops locker room, just because of the size of the roster. At the post high school level you can probably go weeks without anything more than a "what's up man" between offense and defense with football.
    In my personal experience, I didn't play football but from the outside looking in, I found a basketball locker room to be a lot closer and less cliquish than any other sport, even between JV and varsity. Which is saying a lot because some of the guys who were on the basketball team were some of the most cliquish people I knew in the whole school. I'm sure it can be different at different schools, though.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

For some reason I think of this scene when I think about the Dolphins atm lol, mostly their attitude from a team standpoint.

NSFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzXPLguR9u4
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    In my personal experience, I didn't play football but from the outside looking in, I found a basketball locker room to be a lot closer and less cliquish than any other sport, even between JV and varsity. Which is saying a lot because some of the guys who were on the basketball team were some of the most cliquish people I knew in the whole school. I'm sure it can be different at different schools, though.
    Well that comes natural because of the huge difference in the number of people in the locker room, doesn't it?
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would like to think that for the MNF Football game that ESPN could not talk about the whole scandal during the game to focus on the Veterans watching this game, but there's a .00001% chance of that. Luckily there's a Pacers game to watch instead.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Well that comes natural because of the huge difference in the number of people in the locker room, doesn't it?
    I would expect it to be less cliquish, but I wouldn't expect there to be no cliques at all.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ted Wells CANCELS Planned Interviews with Dolphins Players, Bully-Gate Report to Be Delayed till 2014

http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/12/...ers-bully-gate

snip

Well, two reports from national media outlets have cast doubt on that happening. First, Adam Schefter of ESPN (whose accuracy has been "hit or miss" on this story) reported that:

"Ted Wells' second interview with Richie Incognito scheduled for this week has been cancelled, as have interviews with 11 other Dolphins." - 1

"Ted Wells' report on Dolphins situation now is not expected to be completed before the end of the year." - 2

Then, Jeff Darlington of NFL Network (who has generally been spot-on due to his sources with the team from his prior job as a beat reporter working for the Miami Herald) reported:
    "In wake of second meeting with Jonathan Martin, Ted Wells has cancelled follow-up meetings with Richie Incognito and several other players." - 1
    "All of the players Wells planned to meet with for a second time were offensive linemen. Wells provided them no explanation for cancelling." - 2
    "While no explanation was given to players for reason behind Wells’ cancellations, it was made clear that it was result of meeting w/ Martin." - 3

If these reports are true, it's very likely Incognito won't be seen on the field for the rest of the year since the team has decided to await on the report to determine his fate.

As for what led to the decision to cancel Wells' interviews with Dolphins players after a second interview with Martin, we can only speculate. I think it's safe to assume that Martin had no new allegations in his second interview. Otherwise, Wells would have wanted to talk to players to get their side of the story ASAP.

Beyond that, it's hard to say. The point of the second interview with Martin was to allow Martin to counter any claims made by the Dolphins players in their interview.
    However, Martin's testimony in the second interview led Wells to cancel further interviews and conclude his report won't be ready until 2014 at the earliest.

I've seen some fans speculate that Martin may have recanted his allegations, but that doesn't sound right. The report wouldn't be delayed if it were that simple - Wells would simply announce Martin was withdrawing his allegations.

The two explanations I favor are:

1. Martin has not recanted his testimony, but he has decided to stop cooperating. He might do this if he's worried this investigation is jeopardizing his NFL career. He might do this if his plan is to abandon this investigation and launch a lawsuit against the Dolphins. Regardless of the reason, the "main witness" refusing to cooperate would lead an investigator to cancel further interviews since he'd have no new questions to ask. ESPN (so take it with a grain of salt) is reporting that Martin won't turn over certain text messages to Wells, and Martin has been reluctant to sit down for an interview with NFLPA investigator Richard Smith.

UPDATE: ESPN has backtracked on that - they now report Martin is turning over all text messages, and he is willing to meet with the NFLPA investigator. (h/t Phinsider Strange)

2. Wells perhaps was "less than convinced" by Martin's second interview. If Wells has reason to believe that Martin is contradicting himself or making demonstrably false claims, there would be no point in talking to Dolphins player/personnel anymore for their response.

So, what do you all think, again with the caveat that this is all speculation.