Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll say it now, I'll be extremely unhappy if OJ is traded, b/c Walsh signed Mahinmi to a guaranteed 4 year contract and had to sign Copeland this off season. I NEVER wanted Copeland and stated so. I was against the fully guaranteed contracts of Mahinmi and Green from day one.

If a package of players have to go in order to sign Lance, then let it be Mahinmi and Copeland.
    How about Copeland and Sloan? Mahinmi is too important to our bench defense to move him without bringing in another $3 to $4 million back-up C who probably won't be as good.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

I'll say it now, I'll be extremely unhappy if OJ is traded, b/c Walsh signed Mahinmi to a guaranteed 4 year contract and had to sign Copeland this off season. I NEVER wanted Copeland and stated so. I was against the fully guaranteed contracts of Mahinmi and Green from day one.

If a package of players have to go in order to sign Lance, then let it be Mahinmi and Copeland.
    Not sure why you hate on Mahinmi, considering he is anchoring the defense while Hibbert is out, he may have not been as much of a factor in last night game, but currently Mahinmi and Hibbert are in the top 5 for opp % in the paint. If you really think 4 million is too much for a backup center like Mahinmi, you need to check yourself. There are plenty of wings, but decent bigs are hard to come by.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Not sure why you hate on Mahinmi, considering he is anchoring the defense while Hibbert is out, he may have not been as much of a factor in last night game, but currently Mahinmi and Hibbert are in the top 5 for opp % in the paint. If you really think 4 million is too much for a backup center like Mahinmi, you need to check yourself. There are plenty of wings, but decent bigs are hard to come by.
    I just find it really interesting that around this time last year, there were discussions about having Ian start because he was doing so well compared to Roy.

I think Ian's ability to hold on to the ball is miles above what it was at its worst last year. Sure, he's not going to be the guy that can catch a pass that only grazes his fingertips, but I don't think he's dropping things for no reason either. To a certain extent, I think that the rebounding strategy for the big men in the middle is to try to tap the ball first rather than grab it - this is because pretty much everyone down low is doing exactly that. Only the wing guys are actually trying to hold the ball.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    funny or not he has 30 days vacation for now, enough destructive crap
    I'm curious, what rule did he break?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    So when Frank says it, do you think he's being sarcastic? When Lance says it, do you think he's being sarcastic? When Larry Bird says it, do you think he's being sarcastic?

I don't know why it's so hard for people to take it seriously, when those three have all said the exact same things. Or am I just dumb for thinking that they know what they'd be talking about?

Yeah they all said it........before Granger got hurt and Lance played the best basketball of his life.

I've been saying it for well over a year. Best troll PD has ever had. He gets admins to defend it. Foretaz, Chauncey, OlBlu and who ever the bum was that gave us the "this is how I live my life can we just move on" would have had a much longer shelf life, had they shown up to a few gatherings it seems.

Foretaz: now that's a name I've not heard of in years. I use to read his posts at RATS. He was the king of "reading comprehension please." Maybe he was a troll here at PD after he left RATS, but not at RATS. He could be a little crusty at times with posters, but wasn't a troll.

Never cared for Chauncey, and just ignored OlBlu.

Now, KTK AKA Kobie the King was one I couldn't stand for his one trick agenda. Never cared for Dillion either.

JMO, but vzla isn't nearly as bad as many posters make him out to be. "I say it again, your an adult and NO ONE makes you read his posts unless you choose to do it." If your are like a moth that can't stay away from the flame, then I feel truly sorry for your lack of constraint.

As for me, I read his posts. I don't agrere with somethings he says, but I don't moan and groan about what I don't like calling for him to be banned.

I say this, then drop the subject. The president of a company I worked for once said. "If you don't tout your achievements, few will for you."

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I'm curious, what rule did he break?
    The "Don't **** Off The Guy With Admin Powers" rule.

In all honesty, vnzla's posting doesn't bother me, but if you've met the dude in real life, the differences between real world Vnzla and PD vnzla are so drastic that you can't help but look at the backhanded remarks at other members and NOT think of him as a troll. It's literally like night and day.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 11-07-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

I've been saying it for well over a year. Best troll PD has ever had. He gets admins to defend it. Foretaz, Chauncey, OlBlu and who ever the bum was that gave us the "this is how I live my life can we just move on" would have had a much longer shelf life, had they shown up to a few gatherings it seems.
    He's not a troll. He's a fan of the team just like the rest of us.

Accuse him of being argumentative... negative... using hyperbole to make his point if you want. Complain about his posting style. But it's not fair to label him a troll. IMHO.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

JMO, but vzla isn't nearly as bad as many posters make him out to be. "I say it again, your an adult and NO ONE makes you read his posts unless you choose to do it." If your are like a moth that can't stay away from the flame, then I feel truly sorry for your lack of constraint.
    Agreed. I find the people who constantly whine about vnzla to be far more annoying than anything vnzla has ever said.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    The "Don't **** Off The Guy With Admin Powers" rule.

In all honesty, vnzla's posting doesn't bother me, but if you've met the dude in real life, the differences between real world Vnzla and PD vnzla are so drastic that you can't help but look at the backhanded remarks at other members and NOT think of him as a troll. It's literally like night and day.

I've never been to any of the gatherings, but I definitely agree with your first comment. The only rule he broke today was the "we don't like what he has to say and have been waiting for any possible excuse to give him a 30 day vacation" rule.

So the "final straw" today was that he said that he was recommending that we sign CJ a year ago?
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 11-07-2013 at 05:25 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I've never been to any of the gatherings, but I definitely agree with your first comment. The only rule he broke today was the "we don't like what he has to say and find him to be annoying" rule.

So the "final straw" today was that he said that he was recommending that we sign CJ a year ago?
    Real world Vnzla is MUCH more personable. One that you could have a beer with (if one drank beer in the first place ).

There us a difference in tooting one's horn and rubbing it in people's faces. Theres people here who were right about Roy, about Paul George, Frank Vogel, not panicking last season with the slow start, about David West, but they aren't rubbing it in our faces years later (at least too much, I did proclaim the Vogel to be the guy after only 3 games after all )
    Last edited by Sandman21; 11-07-2013 at 05:31 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Foretaz: now that's a name I've not heard of in years. I use to read his posts at RATS. He was the king of "reading comprehension please." Maybe he was a troll here at PD after he left RATS, but not at RATS. He could be a little crusty at times with posters, but wasn't a troll.

Never cared for Chauncey, and just ignored OlBlu.

Now, KTK AKA Kobie the King was one I couldn't stand for his one trick agenda. Never cared for Dillion either.

As for me, I read his posts. I don't agrere with somethings he says, but I don't moan and groan about what I don't like calling for him to be banned.

I say this, then drop the subject. The president of a company I worked for once said. "If you don't tout your achievements, few will for you."
    Foretaz had a very unique style, but the guy obviously knew a helluva lot about Pacer basketball.

Olblu clearly got a kick out of messing around with people, but the guy was entertaining and funny at times. He turned a harmless emoticon into a smug calling card that will forever be associated with him. I don't think it's possible for anyone to look at without thining of him. That's quite an achievement.

Don't remember Chauncey.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I hope Peck doesn't decide to stop writing these threads just because so many people want to take them off topic. It was a great thread for a while.

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

I've never been to any of the gatherings, but I definitely agree with your first comment. The only rule he broke today was the "we don't like what he has to say and have been waiting for any possible excuse to give him a 30 day vacation" rule.

For me - and ONLY for me (even though I had problems with him A LOT I was one arguing against a ban) - the issue is that he DEFINITELY advocated for Monta. He DEFINITELY advocated for Scola. He mentioned CJ in a list of players who were cheaper than players they might replace.

To toot his horn about the last of those as if he was all "If we get CJ Watson we'll be champs!" is silly, and to act like he has to do it because everyone hates him and never gives him any credit is absurd. If he'd stop acting like he's the only one who ever wants players not on the team (and that every player he wants would be a perfect fit) I don't think it would be so bad. Example - using someone who didn't want to pay 4yrs $40M for Scola as the example of "lots of people didn't want Scola on the team" is ridiculous.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post

Whoa whoa! You need to re-read the post I was answering. I was answering the idea of having to package OJ with Copeland or Mahinmi. NEVER did I say anything negative about Mahinmi's play. Now did I? This word hate is a label gernerically slapped on those that disagree with something or some player. Should I hate you for disagreeing with me? That's kinda silly now isn't it?

I like OJ plain and simple. IMO, he's a player going forward with in the future. I don't see Mahinmi as such. There is no guarrantee that the Pacers can re-sign Lance, but it's been proposed to jettison OJ in a trade. I voiced my opinion against it.
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 11-07-2013 at 06:23 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    For me - and ONLY for me (even though I had problems with him A LOT I was one arguing against a ban) - the issue is that he DEFINITELY advocated for Monta. He DEFINITELY advocated for Scola. He mentioned CJ in a list of players who were cheaper than players they might replace.

To toot his horn about the last of those as if he was all "If we get CJ Watson we'll be champs!" is silly, and to act like he has to do it because everyone hates him and never gives him any credit is absurd. If he'd stop acting like he's the only one who ever wants players not on the team (and that every player he wants would be a perfect fit) I don't think it would be so bad. Example - using someone who didn't want to pay 4yrs $40M for Scola as the example of "lots of people didn't want Scola on the team" is ridiculous.
    I certainly respect you for arguing against the ban. It sounds to me like this ban purely falls into the "we don't like him and want to shut him up" category.

There are no rules against tooting your own horn. Some may find it annoying, but to say he's a troll is a major stretch. He used to dislike Bird, but he's backed off of that in recent years and has given Bird praise for the numerous recent successful moves. He was against the West signing, and while he'll never be confused with the biggest D-West fan, he has admitted over time that the signing obviously worked out well for the Pacers. There are numerous instances in which he has changed his opinion about something. And you know what? If Granger actually came back and played well consistently, then I think he'd give him credit too. This is clearly different than Olblu, a guy who had an obvious anti-Luck agenda and was never going to change his tune despite being proven wrong by the evidence. Even though the team kept winning, he continuously said that Luck wasn't any good just so he could get a reaction out of people. Now that's trolling.

If people just would have ignored his CJ comment or given him a friendly jab back, then there would have been nothing else to it and everyone could have moved on with their day. There's no doubt that several people on this forum are clearly responsible for escalating the situation with him. It's a shame that we're dealing with this nonsense while the team is 5-0. Giving him a 30 day ban is completely out of spite and the board should be ashamed of itself.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 11-07-2013 at 06:28 PM.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I certainly respect you for arguing against the ban. It sounds to me like this ban purely falls into the "we don't like him and want to shut him up" category.
    I can't quote the discussions but I can definitely say this is unfair. No one has ever argued to ban him because of his opinions. Only because of the ratholes trying to have discussions with him force the forum into.

ETA: There are really only so many times people can be told that they are idiots, their arguments have no merit, and the only reason they have them is because they are haters or fanboys. That falls under the definition of "lack of respect" and has been the source of all the later knee-jerk reactions.

EATA: And though able called it a ban, it's actually a severe infraction.
    BillS

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Foretaz had a very unique style, but the guy obviously knew a helluva lot about Pacer basketball.
    Yes, he was extremely knowledgeable. Count reminds me of Foretaz in the knowledge area, but with more finesse in the people skills area.

Don't think I'll ever say "Man, we really could use OJ right now!"
    Back up smalls are plentiful.

I absolutely do fear losing our only credible substitute center. Big men with some mobility that can protect the rim are definitely hard to come by. I do not think he is over-paid; and if he is it's not by much.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to solid For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    How about Copeland and Sloan? Mahinmi is too important to our bench defense to move him without bringing in another $3 to $4 million back-up C who probably won't be as good.

Nice suggestion! I can get on board with that.

There are no rules against tooting your own horn. Some may find it annoying, but to say he's a troll is a major stretch. He used to dislike Bird, but he's backed off of that in recent years and has given Bird praise for the numerous recent successful moves. He was against the West signing, but while he'll never be confused with the biggest D-West fan, he has admitted over time that the signing obviously worked out well for the Pacers. There are numerous instances in which he has changed his opinion about something. And you know what? If Granger actually came back and played well consistently, then I think he'd give him credit too. This is clearly different than Olblu, a guy who had an obvious anti-Luck agenda and was never going to change his tune despite being proven wrong by the evidence. Even though the team kept winning, he continuously said that Luck wasn't any good just so he could get a reaction out of people. Now that's trolling.

If people just would have ignored his CJ comment or given him a friendly jab back, then there would have been nothing else to it and everyone could have moved on with their day. There's no doubt that several people on this forum are clearly responsible for escalating the situation with him. It's a shame that we're dealing with this nonsense while the team is 5-0. Giving him a 30 day ban is completely out of spite and the board should be ashamed of itself.
    Let me start with saying you share 1 or 2 to many ip addresses to many with vnzla to even come close to my comfort zone, but if there was a need (and there isn't) to justify MY infraction of vnzla then here are a few:

1) Belligerence, hostility, rudeness, abrasiveness and/or disrespect are not wanted here. Discuss without taking shots and without having an attitude or otherwise being unpleasant.
    5) We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen.
    Depending on the circumstances, if something strikes us as blatantly offensive or clearly an attempt to cause trouble on the forum, we will ban an account. It's a case by case situation; usually the ban is permanent, but sometimes it's temporary if we believe things can be worked out in the future.
    10) We have a feedback board, and we generally prefer that to be used for the kinds of questions, comments, or concerns that are not "finger pointing" in nature.
    In other words, if you want to call me out or call another admin out over a problem you have, please come to me or whomever with a private message instead of making a thread about it. Anything that might get emotional for you, me, or another admin needs to be done in private to show respect and consideration and to actually get things resolved instead of just making yourself feel better.
    This doesn't always happen the right way (and sometimes that's on our end, by the way), and when it doesn't, it almost always ends badly or at the very least worse that it could have been if everyone had just kept the discussion private to begin with.

1 being the most important, the #1 rule of this board, the heart AND soul of this community and he has circumvented it enough, the "nice guy if you get to know him" is a 100% arse on these boards, and he is just as disruptive a character at the very least if not a lot worse than olblu ever was.

if you think I did this because of "ONE" post than you are so far out of your mind, it must hurt. I have warned enough, public and private, to make it 100% clear, enough is enough.
    the 30 days is not just the 30 days, there will be some harsh discussion among admins and with vnzla (if he's not too stupid to try and post through a secondary account) if he is to be let back at all and IF he is, the leash will be so short it may be suffocating.

free speech ?? talk to GQHC or NSA but whatever the outcome, this is a private board and free speech is not really anymore free than what the admins decide to be free.

this post is a declaration of where things stand, not an invitation to discuss the matter, outside of the admins none of you are part of this discussion, see #10 above.

have a nice day

the grump
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Meh, I don't want vnzla banned, but I do think if he just adjusted his posting style even slightly he'd have a lot less issues. Like Sandman I met him at the last forum party and he's a chill, reasonable guy in real life.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

There are no rules against tooting your own horn. Some may find it annoying, but to say he's a troll is a major stretch. He used to dislike Bird, but he's backed off of that in recent years and has given Bird praise for the numerous recent successful moves. He was against the West signing, and while he'll never be confused with the biggest D-West fan, he has admitted over time that the signing obviously worked out well for the Pacers. There are numerous instances in which he has changed his opinion about something. And you know what? If Granger actually came back and played well consistently, then I think he'd give him credit too. This is clearly different than Olblu, a guy who had an obvious anti-Luck agenda and was never going to change his tune despite being proven wrong by the evidence. Even though the team kept winning, he continuously said that Luck wasn't any good just so he could get a reaction out of people. Now that's trolling.

Ya, I think 30 days is a little too harsh imho ... .. A month of an NBA season not being able to participate in Pacers discussion here, may as well be 3 months in real time .. lol

Only thing I can think of , is that it was just a culmination that has built up over the last year , and the banhammer just got too heavy for the admin to keep ahold of , when the last straw fell onto the back of the camel and it was dropped... lol and Vnzla just happened to be the poor schmuck who tossed that latest piece of straw ..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Considering I'm the one who directly asked him who was complaining/against going after Scola and Watson, I feel a bit responsible that he now finds himself banned. I still don't feel like he really produced anything from 2013 that supports his statement that there were people against it, but I don't think he was trolling either personally.

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by solid View Post
    Don't think I'll ever say "Man, we really could use OJ right now!"
    Back up smalls are plentiful.

I absolutely do fear losing our only credible substitute center. Big men with some mobility that can protect the rim are definitely hard to come by. I do not think he is over-paid; and if he is it's not by much.

I dunno, I like Pulp a lot. He frustrates me sometime, but I would lvoe to keep him for as long as we can. I think he can develop into a very consistent backup 2, that can step in and start on the wing if necessary.

47. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post: