This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our starters +/- :
    +20
    +28
    +31
    +22
    +20

That will definitely help with getting wins
    Hill is not even playing and our starting 5 is still kicking some major ***.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Speaking of Boozer I am just never going to be able to look at him again for the rest of my life without seeing that time someone took a sharpie to his noggin. To say he had a rough night would be like saying Custer had a bad day at Little Big Horn. However he can revel in the fact that while his day was bad Noah’s day worse.
    Never gets old. But am I the only one who thinks of Dave Chappell's character Reggie from the Nutty Professor when looking at Jimmy Butler?

"Damn Reggie, I heard of dreadlocks, but shitlocks? Take that **** off your head."
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I don't want the starting lineup to live or die by the hand of Paul George. Just like I don't like the bench living and dying by the hand of Lance. Bring in Scola with the starters at the 3 minute mark in the 1st. Bring in West with Lance. Those two have great chemistry. Lance sneaks baseline and West finds him.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I think it is because of the defensive presence of Roy and George. They are anchoring this unit and its cohesiveness.

Dear Egyptian goddess, we are amazing, and we aren't even clicking on all cylinders yet. Its not like we are playing better than we can. We have so much room for improvement. The sky is the limit for this team.

Thank you Bird. You rock!!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Peck said "He was so mad at his own team for losing Sloan on coverage that I almost expected him to unleash a giant mace and take out their bench ala Sauron vs. the humans and elves in L.O.R."

Or release the Kraken.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    I don't want the starting lineup to live or die by the hand of Paul George. Just like I don't like the bench living and dying by the hand of Lance. Bring in Scola with the starters at the 3 minute mark in the 1st. Bring in West with Lance. Those two have great chemistry. Lance sneaks baseline and West finds him.
    Scola looked much better yesterday with Roy and Paul George playing than when he is playing with Ian and the others it was so much better, Paul George is also good at finding him unlike the other guys.

But yeah I agree with you Vogel needs to come up with a better combination.

I haven't read these yet, but I saw they were posted and thus, I wept.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Peck wrote, "That is not to say that the officiating in this game was in any way good, equitable or fair. Any time Tony Brothers officiates a game I need to just have a bottle of Pepto Bismol loaded and ready for use. That call where Deng took 23 steps to the basket without dribbling and this idiot calls Paul George for a blocking foul was actually cartoon villain worthy, well either villain or probably more likely Mr. Magoo for those of you old enough to know who I’m talking about. The only call that was worse was Derrick Rose jumping up and having Roy Hibbert cleanly block the ball and during the aftermath the referee who was on the other side of the play and had no visual at all as to what was going on makes a foul call on Roy, you guessed it the referee in question was none other than Tony Brothers. Frank got a T on that first foul and it took all he had to not get tossed on that one. "

Or how about when PG drove into the lane and whoever the defender was while still moving was hit sideways and acted like he was shot out of a canon. Charging foul on PG. Flopping is alive and well.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

12. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Scola looked much better yesterday with Roy and Paul George playing than when he is playing with Ian and the others it was so much better, Paul George is also good at finding him unlike the other guys.

But yeah I agree with you Vogel needs to come up with a better combination.

Oh yes!!! Scola looked good with Roy and Paul. Maybe the plan is for this to happen more frequently. I would like to see Scola stay out there if he is stretching the defense. It rests West and it rides a wave of momentum. Something that Vogel struggles with. He is getting better at this. In fact he has grown in this area. Our coach is moldable, yet solid to his values of physical defense and pushing the ball when the times are right.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Banned

Oh yes!!! Scola looked good with Roy and Paul. Maybe the plan is for this to happen more frequently. I would like to see Scola stay out there if he is stretching the defense. It rests West and it rides a wave of momentum. Something that Vogel struggles with. He is getting better at this. In fact he has grown in this area. Our coach is moldable, yet solid to his values of physical defense and pushing the ball when the times are right.
    I agree but I can tell you one thing that I don't like about Vogel is that he likes to kill a player's momentum, Paul George is on fire and then he goes to the bench, same with Lance or anybody else, Scola was playing great yesterday and instead of leaving him in the game he brought West back in, why not let Scola finish and let West rest? it didn't make sense to me.

I really hope he doesn't cost us a game for doing this.

Mood

I agree but I can tell you one thing that I don't like about Vogel is that he likes to kill a player's momentum, Paul George is on fire and then he goes to the bench, same with Lance or anybody else, Scola was playing great yesterday and instead of leaving him in the game he brought West back in, why not let Scola finish and let West rest? it didn't make sense to me.

I think Vogel will always have a proclivity for his starters. He is nothing like Pop. And I think Pop is Pop because he has older players. But Pop rests his players too systematically. Evidence A- Game 6 of the NBA finals.

When systems are set in concrete, it doesn't bode well when games are like the tides.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    That was a great moment.

Lance's fire just seems to rub off on everyone else. I love watching the other guys get fired up with him.
    Lance seems like everyone's little brother. They knew he was down on himself for playing like crap, but once that 3 went in everyone knew he could get that swagger back.

I LOVE this teams nastiness and energy. We literally seem to hate the team we are playing that given night and when we flip that switch, we are downright dialed in.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    My favorite play of this game was late in the game when Lance finally hit the three and Chicago called the timeout. Lance just about flipped out. He had struggled and played like **** all game and that was it. That was what he needed and he knew it. I almost felt like everyone in the entire arena knew it. Sure enough a few plays later he knocks down another one.

The team had so much energy, you know it was over at that point. Such a fun game. It's crazy.
    Speaking of Lance, I don't think I said it here last night but I was just very pleased to learn that he can transform himself from Bad Lance (and good lord was he bad lance early on) into Good Lance in the same game, and not just any game but a highly-competitive national TV game versus a rival (official or unofficial) who could very well beat us on any given night. That's a big deal, I think.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

That 2nd quarter is our achilles. I hope Vogel changes up the rotations to find some scoring there.
    You'll be happy to know that in his post game press conference, when asked about the 2nd quarter he said something about needing to adjust the rotation.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Yeah, I was going to say what's most encouraging to me right now is it looks like our starters AND our bench have improved from last year, even when Hill isn't playing, even without worrying about Danny being able to go. Unless for some bizarre reason either of them makes us worse when they're available (I mostly doubt that)... we could be even better.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Yeah, I was going to say what's most encouraging to me right now is it looks like our starters AND our bench have improved from last year, even when Hill isn't playing, even without worrying about Danny being able to go. Unless for some bizarre reason either of them makes us worse when they're available (I mostly doubt that)... we could be even better.
    Yeah, it's not even close. As far as the current starting lineup is concerned, Lance and PG are obviously even much better than they were last year. Roy, Hibbert, and Hill will be close to where they were last year (Roy's D just gets better and better). As a unit, they continue to improve.

If Danny can give you anything, he will improve the team wherever he is.

Now we have two backup PG's who are better than Augistin. That CJ signing looks awesome right now. Scola will be a monster when him and the other players get used to each other. Mahinmi has been solid.

This team is considerably better than last year's, and that's saying something.....

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

One thing that got me rolling last night, walking out we passed Chicago fans rummaging through Pacers gear over by the stand where the drum corps were going to town. One guy had a Bulls hat/shirt on and already had a Pacers bag with, I'm assuming from the way it looked, a Pacers shirt. It was a group of about 5-6 20 something guys.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This team is considerably better than last year's, and that's saying something.....
    On both ends of the floor. Scola's defense might be under Tyler's, but probably not much as it's just different style. His defense has yet to really hurt them, and he really has a knack for getting a hand on the ball.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    One thing that got me rolling last night, walking out we passed Chicago fans rummaging through Pacers gear over by the stand where the drum corps were going to town. One guy had a Bulls hat/shirt on and already had a Pacers bag with, I'm assuming from the way it looked, a Pacers shirt. It was a group of about 5-6 20 something guys.
    It seems like some casual fans around Indy and elsewhere just wear the Bulls gear for the "look". Heck, even our own Paul George wore a Bulls lid on a flight one time, didn't he?

I hate it, but the Bulls in the 90's had maybe the most popular merchandise of any team in sports history. They still benefit from the logo being so popular in the Jordan era. I hate the team, but it is a sweet looking logo.

Vogel is one of the 5 best coaches in the NBA right now. He took Thibs lunch money last night in crunch time. He can do as he pleases.

We lost Rick Carlisle because people complained he was too much of a slave to his rotations. Well there is a reason these guys are the coaches and we are the plebes on a message board.

Also, he brought West in because West was dominating the boards and is a better defender than Scola. Luis had done what was needed from him, but it was time for the Bad Man to come in and put this thing on ice and he did. West had two steals and hit at least one jumper after being put back in the game. Plus grabbed I think 3 boards in that time period.

On a slightly related note, it's kind of silly to have this much talent at power forward. This is a position that some teams can barely find one competent guy to fill and we have two of the 10 best guys at the position offensively.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    On a slightly related note, it's kind of silly to have this much talent at power forward. This is a position that some teams can barely find one competent guy to fill and we have two of the 10 best guys at the position offensively.

If there's one single move that I feel changed the direction and attitude of our team more than any other, it's definitely the addition of David West. We just developed a different swagger and attitude the moment he arrived. To add Scola to that is just ridiculous.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I passed a group around the same age, there was 5 of them, 4 of them were getting ready to take a picture after the game in front of the fieldhouse, I yelled "And this picture shall be captioned "In Loving memory of Derrick Rose, we will never forget you"" they had nothing to say and it felt awesome.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned

I would like to pat myself on the back once again for been right in wanting to bring Scola and Watson here for a long time (yes I'm going to be doing it all year because I'm happy ) I would like to also say I told you so to those that didn't think it was a good idea to bring them here

Last edited by vnzla81; 11-07-2013 at 10:58 AM.

lmao@ that GIF

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I passed a group around the same age, there was 5 of them, 4 of them were getting ready to take a picture after the game in front of the fieldhouse, I yelled "And this picture shall be captioned "In Loving memory of Derrick Rose, we will never forget you"" they had nothing to say and it felt awesome.
    I think BillS and I are still trying to figure out the idea behind the genius who had the "Derrick Rose is your mom" sign walking around the entry pavilion after the game last night...
    Last edited by Sandman21; 11-07-2013 at 11:04 AM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post: