Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 151 to 169 of 169

Thread: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

  1. #151
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,097

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dear Egyptian goddess,



    As someone who has tried to encourage less profanity on here, thank you . . . for both your humor and your sensitivity. (But how did you figure out there are no Isis worshippers on PD?)
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

    owl

  3. #152
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,226

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's not a troll. He's a fan of the team just like the rest of us.

    Accuse him of being argumentative... negative... using hyperbole to make his point if you want. Complain about his posting style. But it's not fair to label him a troll. IMHO.
    Sorry this is going back two pages, but this is about equal to when you claimed he didn't make crap up. The guy is a blantant troll. He will post something looking for a reaction, not get it, and the repost the same sentiments but make it a little more insulting and put his behind it. If you want to be niave, and think he doesn't know what he's doing, then fine by me, but I can't breathe with my head in the sand so sorry if I don't participate.
    Last edited by Since86; 11-08-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  5. #153
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,097

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well there is a reason these guys are the coaches and we are the plebes on a message board.


    Well, once in a while we are right, but generally your comment is on the money.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  7. #154
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,639

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Solo rarely plays in the 2nd quarter. Most of his minutes come in the 1st quarter alongside the starters.
    You're right about that. During the Bulls game he only played the first minute of the 2nd quarter. I don't know where I got that idea from.

    http://www.nba.com/games/20131106/CHIIND/gameinfo.html
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  8. #155
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,097

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope Peck doesn't decide to stop writing these threads just because so many people want to take them off topic. It was a great thread for a while.
    Peck had just quoted and propped one of Vnzla's comments when he got banned. I don't Peck is complaining.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  9. #156
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,027

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A couple more great stats:





    Rose is also turning the ball over 35% of the time in pick and roll for Chicago. That's awful.


    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  11. #157
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,251

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Once we beat the Bulls each time we play them this season, Peck will be able to come up with an even better thread title. May I suggest

    The Ruining of the Bulls.
    Anything as long as it's not "Bulls on Parade"
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  13. #158
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,251

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry this is going back two pages, but this is about equal to when you claimed he didn't make crap up. The guy is a blantant troll. He will post something looking for a reaction, not get it, and the repost the same sentiments but make it a little more insulting and put his behind it. If you want to be niave, and think he doesn't know what he's doing, then fine by me, but I can't breathe with my head in the sand so sorry if I don't participate.
    I just disagree. The whining about Vnzla is more of problem to me as was allowing the whiners and others to pile on.
    Vnzla cares about the Pacers. Sure he has his pet points but they are things he believes. He believes what he's saying AND he's been known to change his opinions on things when history has shown he should. Trolls don't do that. They come on here and make up stories about their lives to give them more credibility or sympathy and then push hot button topics that they know will be contrary to majority opinion... and never change their opinion. Or just change it on a dime because the reaction is what is important, not the point. Vnzla just defends his point. That's not how I define troll. If you do define it that way then we're just going to disagree.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  15. #159
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,226

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just disagree. The whining about Vnzla is more of problem to me as was allowing the whiners and others to pile on.
    Vnzla cares about the Pacers. Sure he has his pet points but they are things he believes. He believes what he's saying AND he's been known to change his opinions on things when history has shown he should. Trolls don't do that. They come on here and make up stories about their lives to give them more credibility or sympathy and then push hot button topics that they know will be contrary to majority opinion... and never change their opinion. Or just change it on a dime because the reaction is what is important, not the point. Vnzla just defends his point. That's not how I define troll. If you do define it that way then we're just going to disagree.
    You mean like when he thought the bench was upgraded last year, and then talked about how everyone else was dumb for thinking the bench was upgraded. Yeah, he would NEVER EVER do anything like that.... Yeah, we will just have to disagree, while he sits out his 30 days for his trollish behavior. Too bad it couldn't be 50 days, Christmas would really be a treat then.
    Last edited by Since86; 11-08-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  17. #160
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,251

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean like when he thought the bench was upgraded last year, and then talked about how everyone else was dumb for thinking the bench was upgraded. Yeah, he would NEVER EVER do anything like that.... Yeah, we will just have to disagree, while he sits out his 30 days for his trollish behavior. Too bad it couldn't be 50 days, Christmas would really be a treat then.
    I don't know if he did that or not but people are wrong sometimes. It happens. You're wrong at times and that doesn't stop you from arguing your point... so are you a troll?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  18. #161
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,226

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know if he did that or not but people are wrong sometimes. It happens. You're wrong at times and that doesn't stop you from arguing your point... so are you a troll?
    My point wasn't about him being wrong, it was the fact that he was wrong, then revised history to make himself look right in order to laugh and insult anyone that originally agreed with him. When I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Trust me, I can handle being wrong on the intronet. My big head can take the hits. I don't pretend like I didn't say something that is documented, nor do I try to blame Able's servers for when I'm asked to backup my claims.

    I've got to ask, if people whining about V is so annoying, then why are you keeping this conversation going?
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  20. #162
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,990

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You mean like when he thought the bench was upgraded last year, and then talked about how everyone else was dumb for thinking the bench was upgraded. Yeah, he would NEVER EVER do anything like that.... Yeah, we will just have to disagree, while he sits out his 30 days for his trollish behavior. Too bad it couldn't be 50 days, Christmas would really be a treat then.
    He didn't seem too happy about the bench in July 2012:

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...=1#post1486172

    Thumbs down so far, they improved the bench a bit by getting rid of DC for free and now they don't even have cap space to do anything, if this was the end of the 3,4,5 or 6 years plan I want my money back.

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...=1#post1486293

    Did we even get a top 20 free agent with all the cap space other than our restricted free agents? is Green top 20? I doubt it.


    I understand that not every poster is for everyone, but I fail to see ban-worthy behavior here other than "we don't like him and were just waiting for any possible reason". The final straw yesterday was talking about how he wanted CJ Watson along with posting a Ninja Turtles GIF. Seriously!?

    There's no doubt that plenty of people are rejoicing at his ban, but I think it's also fair to say that quite a few of us think it was a draconian overreach. They have the right to do do whatever they want and I understand that the free speech guaranteed under the Constitution doesn't apply here, but that doesn't mean that everyone has to accept/agree with it.

  21. #163
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,226

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    You should continue to dig, if you're that interested. This has been a complaint towards V for well over a year.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  22. #164
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,990

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've got to ask, if people whining about V is so annoying, then why are you keeping this conversation going?

    Because it's not about people whining over vnzla81 anymore. It's about banning vnzla.

  23. #165
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,226

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    This was his first original though in the thread where they announced that the Pacers got DJ.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm loving our front office so far, this is what a front office is supposed to do.
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...n-for-one-year
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  25. #166
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,990

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This was his first original though in the thread where they announced that the Pacers got DJ.


    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...n-for-one-year

    And I thought he has explained numerous times that when he made that comment, he was under the impression that more was on the way with the cap space. At the end of July when it was clear we were done making moves, he didn't seem too happy, as I showed above.

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  27. #167
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,624

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I thought he has explained numerous times that when he made that comment, he was under the impression that more was on the way with the cap space. At the end of July when it was clear we were done making moves, he didn't seem too happy, as I showed above.
    I think able made it pretty clear that the ban was put in place now because he was baiting people in the thread with a history of baiting and insulting people. Just because it was the last straw doesn't mean it carried the most weight. He doesn't just disagree with them. He disagrees with them, calls them idiots, apologists, or fanboys, and if you like something that the Pacers did that he disagrees with he'll accuse you of being placed on these boards to spread propaganda from the pacers PR department.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  29. #168
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,226

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I thought he has explained numerous times that when he made that comment, he was under the impression that more was on the way with the cap space. At the end of July when it was clear we were done making moves, he didn't seem too happy, as I showed above.
    He railed against DJ all year. He loved the signing, just like everyone else, then when it turned out badly, he claimed he was against it from the beginning.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  31. #169
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,811

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    I think we're ready to close this one now. We've gone 24 hours, so people have had a chance to say something (when, as able said, it really isn't something people should be weighing in on). Anyone with further feedback on vnzla can feel free to send PMs, but I believe this thread isn't helping the situation any.

    Rest assured discussions about this kind of situations take place among the admins and it isn't just something that happens purely arbitrarily, even though not everyone may agree.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •