Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 169

Thread: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

  1. #126
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,344

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Considering I'm the one who directly asked him who was complaining/against going after Scola and Watson, I feel a bit responsible that he now finds himself banned. I still don't feel like he really produced anything from 2013 that supports his statement that there were people against it, but I don't think he was trolling either personally.
    Sorry Joe, I didn't mean to seem like I was calling you out. You've always been one of my favorite posters and I could care less if you challenge him and have a debate with him. But then other posters started piling on and a molehill was turned into a mountain. I know that's not what you intended to happen though.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  3. #127

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whoa whoa! You need to re-read the post I was answering. I was answering the idea of having to package OJ with Copeland or Mahinmi. NEVER did I say anything negative about Mahinmi's play. Now did I? This word hate is a label gernerically slapped on those that disagree with something or some player. Should I hate you for disagreeing with me? That's kinda silly now isn't it?

    I like OJ plain and simple. IMO, he's a player going forward with in the future. I don't see Mahinmi as such. There is no guarrantee that the Pacers can re-sign Lance, but it's been proposed to jettison OJ in a trade. I voiced my opinion against it.
    Well you implied by stating that you are not support of a guaranteed contract for Mahinmi. Currently there is alot more value for a backup 7'0 center who can defend at an elite level at 4 million than just another guard.

    OJ is interesting and he could develop a better game, but you still need a solid backup center and it takes a while for bigs to develop.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  5. #128
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,441

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry Joe, I didn't mean to seem like I was calling you out. You've always been one of my favorite posters and I could care less if you challenge him and have a debate with him. But then other posters started piling on and a molehill was turned into a mountain. I know that's not what you intended to happen though.
    If that's the case, there's probably about 15,000 posts of 'other' posters turning vnzla's molehills into mountains then.

    With that said, I'd like to devote the rest of my post to the OP. I didn't get to watch anything but most of the last quarter. When I tuned in, the score was 69-67 I think and Scola's steal and score was the first or second play I saw. So I didn't even witness our bad 2nd quarter, I got to watch straight Pacers dominance

    I was incredibly surprised when they took Scola out with 6 mins to go because of how well he was playing nad how little he had actually played so far, but when I saw that West was rebounding well I understood it. West always seems to have "power" games against big opponents. Even if his shot is off that night, normally he rebounds well or plays exceptionally great defense. He's probably our 1 guy who has a switch that he can just turn on when we need him.

    And though I'm not sure it would ever happen, I think it would be interesting to throw George Hill and Paul George out there with a three big lineup and have West and Scola control the offense out of the high post. If you try and help out of that offense, you're going to give one of of our best scorers a shot in his favorite spot. You would , however have to make sure there's 1 guy out there you can hide either West or Scola on defensively. But I think that offense would be incredibly difficult to stop.

    It looks like Deng and Paul George neutralized each other tonight. Paul looked so happy when he got to isolate on Derrick Rose. And impressively, he blew right by him.
    Last edited by aamcguy; 11-07-2013 at 08:57 PM.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  7. #129
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,755

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dunno, I like Pulp a lot. He frustrates me sometime, but I would lvoe to keep him for as long as we can. I think he can develop into a very consistent backup 2, that can step in and start on the wing if necessary.
    I agree completely. I think we will need him next year when we lose either Granger or Lance. He is still a bit too inconsistent right now to be a reliable scorer, but I think that could change if he focuses less on shooting. He is already good at getting to the line, which is why he has the third highest PPS on the team (1.421) only behind Sloan(1.5) and George(1.449) even though he has a lackluster eFG% (50%).

    He is also a really good rebounder for his size, mostly because he puts more effort into it than most back-up SGs. At times he might try too hard, like last night when he tried to get a rebound over Hibbert. His defense also seems to be coming along quite well. Struggles a little getting around screens, but he is always putting in the necessary effort.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  9. #130
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,303

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that's the case, there's probably about 15,000 posts of 'other' posters turning vnzla's molehills into mountains then.

    With that said, I'd like to devote the rest of my post to the OP. I didn't get to watch anything but most of the last quarter. When I tuned in, the score was 69-67 I think and Scola's steal and score was the first or second play I saw. So I didn't even witness our bad 2nd quarter, I got to watch straight Pacers dominance

    I was incredibly surprised when they took Scola out with 6 mins to go because of how well he was playing nad how little he had actually played so far, but when I saw that West was rebounding well I understood it. West always seems to have "power" games against big opponents. Even if his shot is off that night, normally he rebounds well or plays exceptionally great defense. He's probably our 1 guy who has a switch that he can just turn on when we need him.

    And though I'm not sure it would ever happen, I think it would be interesting to throw George Hill and Paul George out there with a three big lineup and have West and Scola control the offense out of the high post. If you try and help out of that offense, you're going to give one of of our best scorers a shot in his favorite spot. You would , however have to make sure there's 1 guy out there you can hide either West or Scola on. But I think that offense would be incredibly difficult to stop.

    It looks like Deng and Paul George neutralized each other tonight. Paul looked so happy when he got to isolate on Derrick Rose. And impressively, he blew right by him.
    Not that I believe in luck, or superstition, but I'm giving the game ball to you for turning on the game and the basketball gods smiling upon your eyes.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:


  11. #131

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Considering I'm the one who directly asked him who was complaining/against going after Scola and Watson, I feel a bit responsible that he now finds himself banned. I still don't feel like he really produced anything from 2013 that supports his statement that there were people against it, but I don't think he was trolling either personally.
    Yea, I really don't think he's a "troll." To me that suggests that he comes here just to irritate everyone. I think he comes here to "win."

    I just think he can be annoying. And has a tendency to use strawman arguments.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  13. #132
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me start with saying you share 1 or 2 to many ip addresses to many with vnzla to even come close to my comfort zone, but if there was a need (and there isn't) to justify MY infraction of vnzla then here are a few:

    1) Belligerence, hostility, rudeness, abrasiveness and/or disrespect are not wanted here. Discuss without taking shots and without having an attitude or otherwise being unpleasant.
    5) We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen.
    Depending on the circumstances, if something strikes us as blatantly offensive or clearly an attempt to cause trouble on the forum, we will ban an account. It's a case by case situation; usually the ban is permanent, but sometimes it's temporary if we believe things can be worked out in the future.
    10) We have a feedback board, and we generally prefer that to be used for the kinds of questions, comments, or concerns that are not "finger pointing" in nature.
    In other words, if you want to call me out or call another admin out over a problem you have, please come to me or whomever with a private message instead of making a thread about it. Anything that might get emotional for you, me, or another admin needs to be done in private to show respect and consideration and to actually get things resolved instead of just making yourself feel better.
    This doesn't always happen the right way (and sometimes that's on our end, by the way), and when it doesn't, it almost always ends badly or at the very least worse that it could have been if everyone had just kept the discussion private to begin with.



    1 being the most important, the #1 rule of this board, the heart AND soul of this community and he has circumvented it enough, the "nice guy if you get to know him" is a 100% arse on these boards, and he is just as disruptive a character at the very least if not a lot worse than olblu ever was.

    if you think I did this because of "ONE" post than you are so far out of your mind, it must hurt. I have warned enough, public and private, to make it 100% clear, enough is enough.
    the 30 days is not just the 30 days, there will be some harsh discussion among admins and with vnzla (if he's not too stupid to try and post through a secondary account) if he is to be let back at all and IF he is, the leash will be so short it may be suffocating.

    free speech ?? talk to GQHC or NSA but whatever the outcome, this is a private board and free speech is not really anymore free than what the admins decide to be free.

    this post is a declaration of where things stand, not an invitation to discuss the matter, outside of the admins none of you are part of this discussion, see #10 above.


    have a nice day


    the grump
    I have always loved able...

    Its moments and posts like these that remind me why.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:


  15. #133
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Posts
    3,536
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    So, this 5 game winning streak is not mythical like the one during Satan's reign?


  16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:


  17. #134
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,878

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    5 game winning streak and no Odd Thoughts. Now we have an Odd Thoughts AND Vnzla has been banned. If we lose the next game it's gonna to be harder to figure out which thing threw Karma out of balance....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  19. #135
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,299

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    I can't believe this thread. Vnzla a good poster on here, he keeps things lively and fresh. Many of you just can't stand to let somebody say something you don't agree with. You love to argue and be contentious just has much as him, then you wonder why he is so annoying to you. We got a handful of posters who literally have to respond to anything he says with condescending and dismissive remarks, egging him on and piling on your vitriol. Ridiculous over reach here. Alot of people have been plenty disrespectful to him over the same period of time and they're still posting.

    I will support that Vnzla was right that he had been lobbying hard to get CJ Watson back in the 2011 FA. I was right there with him on that one. Watson had just got done helping to lead the Bulls to best record in the league that season with Rose missing so many games before his Injury in the Playoffs. I was plenty pissed when he signed with Brooklyn for less than a Million.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  21. #136
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,435

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let me start with saying you share 1 or 2 to many ip addresses to many with vnzla to even come close to my comfort zone
    wut

    I'm not sure what this part of the post was inferring, but I've met Vnzla before and I was in the Kelley School with Sollozzo (we actually had a class together though I'm not sure either of us knew at the time). I can say with some certainty they aren't the same person.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  23. #137
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,441

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wut

    I'm not sure what this part of the post was inferring, but I've met Vnzla before and I was in the Kelley School with Sollozzo (we actually had a class together though I'm not sure either of us knew at the time). I can say with some certainty they aren't the same person.
    They probably have the same ISP or use the same proxies then. They're both active users, so prolly every IP they've ever had has been logged.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  24. #138

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    To try to underail this thread, here's an amazing stat that shows how great the D is doing this year.



  25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  26. #139

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    A couple more great stats:






  27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  28. #140

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Players Paul George is defending are shooting a whopping 0% from 3. 0 for 12. 13 for 50 overall. PG is holding opponents to .57 PPP, Watson to 30% from the field and .67 PPP, and Hibbert to .25 PPP in the post.

  29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  30. #141
    Member Indra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    424

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    funny or not he has 30 days vacation for now, enough destructive crap


    To the topic at hand - I posted it in the other thread, but the point of the game where I really said, "wow!" was when Paul George was one on one with Rose at the elbow, and Paul literally just beat him off the dribble to the basket. No fancy crossover to step back move, no head fake, nothing. He just picked a point and beat his man there. And his man happened to be MVP and all-star Derrick Rose. Our 6'10" small forward blew past him.

    Also, I cheered more for Scola hustling to get back on defense than for his great steal and layup. Gotta love his focus and awareness.

  31. #142
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,776

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would like to pat myself on the back once again for been right in wanting to bring Scola and Watson here for a long time (yes I'm going to be doing it all year because I'm happy ) I would like to also say I told you so to those that didn't think it was a good idea to bring them here


    Nice gif. You were indeed right that they would be good additions but to be honest I don't remember a lot of people disagreeing with you on that. I just remember people saying that we couldn't bring Scola because we had already re-signed Hill and Hibbert and thus we were unable to bid on him
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  32. #143
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,776

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Solo Hill needs to sit. Although he hit a couple of shots against the Pistons, when he's out there he just gets in the way on offense and he seems to be in the wrong spots. I love that he has the ability to be a good player but now is not his time. I'd rather they play Rasual Butler if they have to play another wing in the 2nd quarter.
    Solo rarely plays in the 2nd quarter. Most of his minutes come in the 1st quarter alongside the starters.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  33. #144
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,776

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There were people that said our FA's (or their agents) probably didn't want to wait on their contracts because something bad could happen before they get their new contract inked.

    Meanwhile there were people that argued our FO had to go down the checklist of things they needed to get done and couldn't have planned for Scola so it was just bad timing....

    I don't have any links but I clearly remember those points being made.
    That's exactly what I said at the moment. I did want Scola but I realize that the timing was unlucky and so we couldn't get him. No one even expected him to get amnestied. His contract was not bad.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  34. #145
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,776

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll say it now, I'll be extremely unhappy if OJ is traded, b/c Walsh signed Mahinmi to a guaranteed 4 year contract and had to sign Copeland this off season. I NEVER wanted Copeland and stated so. I was against the fully guaranteed contracts of Mahinmi and Green from day one.

    If a package of players have to go in order to sign Lance, then let it be Mahinmi and Copeland.
    Copeland is a Bird signing.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  36. #146
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,776

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At times he might try too hard, like last night when he tried to get a rebound over Hibbert.
    He does have that tendency. I remember him trying to get rebounds that were secured by Roy and West last year and others that were secured by Lance this year
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  37. #147
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,776

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Players Paul George is defending are shooting a whopping 0% from 3. 0 for 12. 13 for 50 overall. PG is holding opponents to .57 PPP, Watson to 30% from the field and .67 PPP, and Hibbert to .25 PPP in the post.
    Holy hell
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  38. #148
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,755

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He does have that tendency. I remember him trying to get rebounds that were secured by Roy and West last year and others that were secured by Lance this year
    To his credit he almost did rebound it over Hibbert which is impressive at his height, but in that scenario he has to realize that if Hibbert, Mahinmi, or West is there just to let them get the rebound. That is something that can be easily coached out of him.

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  40. #149
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,635

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Once we beat the Bulls each time we play them this season, Peck will be able to come up with an even better thread title. May I suggest

    The Ruining of the Bulls.

  41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  42. #150
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Copeland is a Bird signing.
    On this board...only until it goes bad.

  43. The Following User Says Thank You to seeker80 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •