Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 169

Thread: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

  1. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People don't hate it when you're right, they hate it when you make 30 posts about how you were right and you were the only one that was right. You think it's odd that when you say everybody is wrong they don't like it?
    I didn't say I was the only one go back and read my posts

    And you still don't want to admit that you were wrong lol

  2. #77
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,008
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I said many times that I was wrong about DJ, I haven't heard anything from you or the excuse makers regarding how wrong you guys were for defending Donnie Walsh and his horrible off season, I believe you guys still think you were right for defending him.


    By the way I was just patting myself on the back for wanting Watson and Scola I don't see anything wrong with that, of course you guys hate it when I'm right so I don't know(specially Bills).
    It not bad that you are right. Its bad that you have to be acknowledged for it. I get that is your thing. But when you tout your own horn like that don't be surprised when people get upset. I could care less what one poster said two years ago. I could care less. I was wrong about the signings. And now I am disliking Ian more than ever (the dude had 4 turnovers last night!!!!).

    The fact is no one cares who was right. We all want to be read, and when we push to be read and approved it comes across as pretentious. So you will never get approval for that. But I get it. You don't want approval. It is your thing. And getting people pissed about it tickles your fancy.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  4. #78
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,443

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't say I was the only one go back and read my posts

    And you still don't want to admit that you were wrong lol
    You're right, I've been talking about how great Augustin and Green were for us all year.

    Not everybody on the board makes such a huge deal about being right or wrong that they have to tell everybody every time they are right or wrong.
    Last edited by aamcguy; 11-07-2013 at 01:45 PM.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  6. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It not bad that you are right. Its bad that you have to be acknowledged for it. I get that is your thing. But when you tout your own horn like that don't be surprised when people get upset. I could care less what one poster said two years ago. I could care less. I was wrong about the signings. And now I am disliking Ian more than ever (the dude had 4 turnovers last night!!!!).

    The fact is no one cares who was right. We all want to be read, and when we push to be read and approved it comes across as pretentious. So you will never get approval for that. But I get it. You don't want approval. It is your thing. And getting people pissed about it tickles your fancy.

    I'm patting myself on the back because I like to see that the 2 guys I wanted are doing great and are doing more than what I expected, I'm also patting myself on the back because it feels good to show those that gave me s*** at the time that I was right and they were wrong that's all, if some people don't like it so be it.

  7. #80
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    I am willing to bet that in the year 2013 after it became apparent we could get Watson and Scola, no one was against getting them.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  9. #81
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,454

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls



    I just can't believe how many of you fall for it.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  11. #82
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    I just can't believe how many of you fall for it.
    Peck if you believe he's just baiting people why is it ok for it to just keep going on and on and on and on

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  13. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am willing to bet that in the year 2013 after it became apparent we could get Watson and Scola, no one was against getting them.
    Oh now is 2013, that goal post is not even on the field anymore then.

  14. #84
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    I just can't believe how many of you fall for it.
    Thank you for confirming that it's just trolling.....

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  16. #85
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,454

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh now is 2013, that goal post is not even on the field anymore then.
    I mean do you just never get any re-affirming feedback in real life?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  18. #86
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    I was wrong when I said Paul's ceiling was a rich mans Andre Iguodala....I admit it. I'm sorry

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  20. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean do you just never get any re-affirming feedback in real life?
    Every night.

  21. #88
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,795

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you for confirming that it's just trolling.....
    I've been saying it for well over a year. Best troll PD has ever had. He gets admins to defend it. Foretaz, Chauncey, OlBlu and who ever the bum was that gave us the "this is how I live my life can we just move on" would have had a much longer shelf life, had they shown up to a few gatherings it seems.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  23. #89
    Member D0NT SH0OT ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Secret
    Posts
    455

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was wrong when I said Paul's ceiling was a rich mans Andre Iguodala....I admit it. I'm sorry
    I always thought Paul's ceiling was at best a lesser version of Scottie Pippen. I saw him as developing into a player that could impact all aspects of the game, but would never be able to dominate at any of them. Not even once did I imagine him becoming the type of deadeye shooter it seems he is becoming, but boy am I glad I was wrong.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D0NT SH0OT ME For This Useful Post:


  25. #90
    Member D0NT SH0OT ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Secret
    Posts
    455

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Also, if we are really going sidetrack yet another thread to discuss vnzla81 and his trolling (although I don't understand why people keep giving him the light of day), perhaps the amount of people that have blocked him should be taken into account. I'd imagine the number would be close to at least 50 by now, which kind of shows what the general opinion of him is.
    Last edited by D0NT SH0OT ME; 11-07-2013 at 02:17 PM.

  26. #91
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,454

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every night.


    Okay I don't care who you are or what side you fall on, that's funny right there.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  28. #92
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,682

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    funny or not he has 30 days vacation for now, enough destructive crap
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  29. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  30. #93

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of Lance, I don't think I said it here last night but I was just very pleased to learn that he can transform himself from Bad Lance (and good lord was he bad lance early on) into Good Lance in the same game, and not just any game but a highly-competitive national TV game versus a rival (official or unofficial) who could very well beat us on any given night. That's a big deal, I think.
    He's clearly one of those players that just needs something positive to get himself going. Which is a good thing, because if you are as aggressive as Lance..eventually something positive will happen.

  31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  32. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,755

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't want the starting lineup to live or die by the hand of Paul George. Just like I don't like the bench living and dying by the hand of Lance. Bring in Scola with the starters at the 3 minute mark in the 1st. Bring in West with Lance. Those two have great chemistry. Lance sneaks baseline and West finds him.
    Once Hill and Granger are back we most likely won't have to worry about that.

  33. #95

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That steal fast break layup from Scola who then beat feet back to the other end to grab an in traffic rebound was just huge.
    I'm glad you mentioned that play. For me that was the play of the game. Not the steal and layup but Scola getting back on D. He actually honed in on a guy in the corner that needed to be guarded and got to him like a guided missile. I had no idea Scola could run that fast. That's a great example for the young guys. Don't stand around and celebrate your exciting play. Get back and play defense because if you leave the team short handed and give up a score then your breakaway bucket didn't really mean anything. Scola gets it.

  34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:


  35. #96
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,881

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please, provide a significant counterexample of someone who said we should not have tried to go after Scola when we had our last chance to do so.
    There were people that said our FA's (or their agents) probably didn't want to wait on their contracts because something bad could happen before they get their new contract inked.

    Meanwhile there were people that argued our FO had to go down the checklist of things they needed to get done and couldn't have planned for Scola so it was just bad timing....

    I don't have any links but I clearly remember those points being made.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  37. #97

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Yeah ..... it's best to bring Lance off the bench.
    I hope that is sarcasm.

  38. #98
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,795

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope that is sarcasm.
    So when Frank says it, do you think he's being sarcastic? When Lance says it, do you think he's being sarcastic? When Larry Bird says it, do you think he's being sarcastic?

    I don't know why it's so hard for people to take it seriously, when those three have all said the exact same things. Or am I just dumb for thinking that they know what they'd be talking about?
    Last edited by Since86; 11-07-2013 at 03:59 PM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  40. #99

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've come to the conclusion that Frank is force feeding him minutes, because they'll need him next year. I don't know how they're going to do it, but they need to cut a little bit of salary for Lance and I think a package of OJ/Ian or OJ/Copeland will be put together.

    I'll say it now, I'll be extremely unhappy if OJ is traded, b/c Walsh signed Mahinmi to a guaranteed 4 year contract and had to sign Copeland this off season. I NEVER wanted Copeland and stated so. I was against the fully guaranteed contracts of Mahinmi and Green from day one.

    If a package of players have to go in order to sign Lance, then let it be Mahinmi and Copeland.

  41. #100
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by D0NT SH0OT ME View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I always thought Paul's ceiling was at best a lesser version of Scottie Pippen. I saw him as developing into a player that could impact all aspects of the game, but would never be able to dominate at any of them. Not even once did I imagine him becoming the type of deadeye shooter it seems he is becoming, but boy am I glad I was wrong.
    The talent was obviously there, but like with so many players; I figured he would fall just short of reaching his awesome awesome potential. That's just a testimony to his work ethic and hunger to improve.

    One thing is for certain, he has played at an extraordinarily high level thus far this year. It's been great to see

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •