Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 169

Thread: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

  1. #51
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,756

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think BillS and I are still trying to figure out the idea behind the genius who had the "Derrick Rose is your mom" walking around the entry pavilion after the game last night...
    Am I missing something? I'm not getting the joke.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  2. #52
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,554

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I missing something? I'm not getting the joke.
    Well besides the keyword I left out, you are just as lost as we were.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  4. #53
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,498

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would like to pat myself on the back once again for been right in wanting to bring Scola and Watson here for a long time (yes I'm going to be doing it all year because I'm happy ) I would like to also say I told you so to those that didn't think it was a good idea to bring them here


    There were people who didn't want Scola and Watson?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  6. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There were people who didn't want Scola and Watson?
    Some people didn't think we needed them they thought we were fine with DJ Augustin, Green and that rest of that bench because "Donnie Walsh knows what he is doing and thanks god you are not the GM".

    Note that I don't want to highjack the thread just wanted to pat myself on the back for been right again so moving on ....

    edit: here is a post I made in 02/2012 about Watson:


    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    !Warning to those that are sensitive!!

    Ok so I have a question, is C.J Watson the Bulls version of DC? His game is similar, his defense is equal and this year he is getting like 10 and 4 in 19 minutes, give him DC's minutes and he could average the same, not a bad backup to have if you ask me.

    Sookie:You realize AJ Price, same guy you think is awful, absolutely destroyed Watson in the playoffs, right?

    It's not always greener on the other side.
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...-I-am!/page107

    I love that the grass is dark green
    Last edited by vnzla81; 11-07-2013 at 12:54 PM.

  7. #55
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,547

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think BillS and I are still trying to figure out the idea behind the genius who had the "Derrick Rose is your mom" sign walking around the entry pavilion after the game last night...
    That dude sat in my section.

    Ya don't really get it either.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:


  9. #56
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,514

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    As much as I've missed the Off Thoughts I want you to know the Pacers were 5-0 with no Odd Thoughts.... and now we have an Odd Thoughts. If we lose this next game and do not tie the Pacers' ABA record for wins to start a season I will not have to look far for where the blame lies....

    .
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  11. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As much as I've missed the Off Thoughts I want you to know the Pacers were 5-0 with no Odd Thoughts.... and now we have an Odd Thoughts. If we lose this next game and do not tie the Pacers' ABA record for wins to start a season I will not have to look far for where the blame lies....

    .
    I was actually expecting him to come back with DG that would have been cool, now the surprise is gone

  12. #58
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,193

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some people didn't think we needed them they thought we were fine with DJ Augustin, Green and that rest of that bench because "Donnie Walsh knows what he is doing and thanks god you are not the GM".

    Note that I don't want to highjack the thread just wanted to pat myself on the back for been right again so moving on ....

    edit: here is a post I made in 02/2012 about Watson:




    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...-I-am!/page107

    I love that the grass is dark green
    OK, you compared CJ to Darren Collison. Good for you.

    Not sure how that equates to "we need to get CJ Watson!", but whatever floats your boat.

    When do you compile all this stuff into a resume and apply for that GM job?

    ETA: And pretty much everyone all the way down the line agreed that the FO screwed up by not waiting to schedule the signing of Hibbert until after the end of amnesty period. Everyone, even the Walsh warriors - and the reason was so that we could have put a bid in on Scola.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  14. #59

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, you compared CJ to Darren Collison. Good for you.
    Well, kind of. In a subsequent post:
    Easy there, all I'm saying is that the Bulls have a backup point guard that's similar to DC, not better but close
    CLOSE to DC.

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  16. #60
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,756

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Able's crappy server deleted the other posts he made in that thread. You've got to figure that in.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  17. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, you compared CJ to Darren Collison. Good for you.

    Not sure how that equates to "we need to get CJ Watson!", but whatever floats your boat.

    When do you compile all this stuff into a resume and apply for that GM job?

    ETA: And pretty much everyone all the way down the line agreed that the FO screwed up by not waiting to schedule the signing of Hibbert until after the end of amnesty period. Everyone, even the Walsh warriors - and the reason was so that we could have put a bid in on Scola.
    Everyone? yeah I'm not sure about that, by the way just admit it that I was right do it at least one time

  18. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, kind of. In a subsequent post:

    CLOSE to DC.
    And he was close to DC as a backup good try though, thank you and come back again...
    Last edited by vnzla81; 11-07-2013 at 01:37 PM.

  19. #63
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How does Roy compare to Wallace on D? He was the staple of that pistons team and was a bad dude for a long time.
    I've been pondering this as well. Haven't reached any conclusions yet.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  20. #64
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,193

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everyone? yeah I'm not sure about that
    Please, provide a significant counterexample of someone who said we should not have tried to go after Scola when we had our last chance to do so.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  22. #65

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And he was close to DC as a backup good try though, thank you and come back again...
    And saying he was close to DC somehow portrays you as insightful - or whatever spin you're trying to put on this ??

    There's a reason the grass is green around you.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  24. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please, provide a significant counterexample of someone who said we should not have tried to go after Scola when we had our last chance to do so.

    Some people said that they didn't want Scola and a lot of people made a lot of excuses as to why the Pacers didn't get him and why it was better that way, the Pacers PR around here defended that bench for as long as they could lol

    Here is a good post that I made in the beginning of last year, so yeah I wanted Watson for a long time(going to say I was right yet? )

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers had the cap space to bring veterans like the ones you are talking about and they could have got them for a low price too, they are spending about 14mil on scrubs, here is just an example of what they could have got if they were smart:

    Kmart for 1.4 or Brand for 2mil instead of Ian 4mil.

    CJ Watson 900K instead of DJ 3mil.

    Barbosa 1mil instead of Green 3mil.

    Young is the only cheap decent player they got, he only makes 800K so whatever he brings is gravy, by the way how many more games do we need to call this off season a fail? 70 games?
    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...old-Dust/page6

    The excuse makers were on fire on that thread
    Last edited by vnzla81; 11-07-2013 at 02:14 PM.

  25. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And saying he was close to DC somehow portrays you as insightful - or whatever spin you're trying to put on this ??

    There's a reason the grass is green around you.
    I'm not sure what are you arguing about, try again..

  26. #68
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Wow.

  27. #69
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,352

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    If you give it affirmation will it go away?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  29. #70
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some people said that they didn't want Scola but a lot of people made a lot of excuses as to why the Pacers didn't get him and why it was better that way, the Pacers PR around here defended that bench for as long as they could lol

    Here is a good post that I made in the beginning of last year, so yeah I wanted Watson for a long time(going to say I was right yet? )



    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...old-Dust/page6

    The excuse makers were on fire on that thread
    If you search for "Augustin" in "only thread titles" you get a documented history of you jumping on any rumor that he might be available dating back to his draft.

    You were right about CJ Watson, but you were also dead wrong about Augustin. What's the point in talking about either now? Virtually everybody was excited we got Augustin, and virtually everyone was excited we got Watson.
    My prediction: Solomon Hill is going to lead the team in Surprisingly Good Plays for the year. -10/29/2014

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  31. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you search for "Augustin" in "only thread titles" you get a documented history of you jumping on any rumor that he might be available dating back to his draft.

    You were right about CJ Watson, but you were also dead wrong about Augustin. What's the point in talking about either now? Virtually everybody was excited we got Augustin, and virtually everyone was excited we got Watson.
    And I said many times that I was wrong about DJ, I haven't heard anything from you or the excuse makers regarding how wrong you guys were for defending Donnie Walsh and his horrible off season, I believe you guys still think you were right for defending him.


    By the way I was just patting myself on the back for wanting Watson and Scola I don't see anything wrong with that, of course you guys hate it when I'm right so I don't know(specially Bills).
    Last edited by vnzla81; 11-07-2013 at 02:29 PM.

  32. #72
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You'll be happy to know that in his post game press conference, when asked about the 2nd quarter he said something about needing to adjust the rotation.
    Solo Hill needs to sit. Although he hit a couple of shots against the Pistons, when he's out there he just gets in the way on offense and he seems to be in the wrong spots. I love that he has the ability to be a good player but now is not his time. I'd rather they play Rasual Butler if they have to play another wing in the 2nd quarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  34. #73
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,756

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Solo Hill needs to sit. Although he hit a couple of shots against the Pistons, when he's out there he just gets in the way on offense and he seems to be in the wrong spots. I love that he has the ability to be a good player but now is not his time. I'd rather they play Rasual Butler if they have to play another wing in the 2nd quarter.
    I've come to the conclusion that Frank is force feeding him minutes, because they'll need him next year. I don't know how they're going to do it, but they need to cut a little bit of salary for Lance and I think a package of OJ/Ian or OJ/Copeland will be put together.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  35. #74
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I said many times that I was wrong about DJ, I haven't heard anything from you or the excuse makers regarding how wrong you guys were for defending Donnie Walsh and his horrible off season, I believe you guys still think you were right for defending him.


    By the way I was just patting myself on the back for wanting Watson and Scola I don't see anything wrong with that, of course you guys hate it when I'm right(specially Bills).
    People don't hate it when you're right, they hate it when you make 30 posts about how you were right and you were the only one that was right. You think it's odd that when you say everybody is wrong they don't like it?
    My prediction: Solomon Hill is going to lead the team in Surprisingly Good Plays for the year. -10/29/2014

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  37. #75
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,498

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Odd Thought's: Running of the Bulls

    I'm sorry I asked.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •