18 19.78%
  • No, Loss on the road in Memphis

8 8.79%
  • No, Loss on the road in Milwaukee

0 0%
  • No, Loss on the road in Chicago

15 16.48%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So Lance had set a goal to win the first 10 games of the year, do we pull it off

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: So Lance had set a goal to win the first 10 games of the year, do we pull it off

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As much as I would like for us to just play the Bucks again 72 times, the fact is that if we manage to hit 10-0 against the media darling Bulls, IN their house, for our second victory over them, I think this streak turns way more heads and means more.

I'm glad we're getting another early season test. This team needs that to stay engaged and playing with such intensity.
    If Rose is out, the media won't give any more credit for thid win than any other. They'll say, "Yeah, it's 10 wins, but the Pacers haven't played anyone yet."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Default Re: So Lance had set a goal to win the first 10 games of the year, do we pull it off

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    If Rose is out, the media won't give any more credit for thid win than any other. They'll say, "Yeah, it's 10 wins, but the Pacers haven't played anyone yet."
    I guess I really don't care what the media have to say.

All a team can do is beat what players its opponent is able or willing to put in front of it. So, all I ask of my team is they win the next game. Then, I'll ask the same thing once that game is finished.

Just win. Let the media say what they want. An unblemished record speaks for itself, no matter who you've played, because all you can do is handle the teams you have been scheduled to play.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    I guess I really don't care what the media have to say.

All a team can do is beat what players its opponent is able or willing to put in front of it. So, all I ask of my team is they win the next game. Then, I'll ask the same thing once that game is finished.

Just win. Let the media say what they want. An unblemished record speaks for itself, no matter who you've played, because all you can do is handle the teams you have been scheduled to play.
    I agree with this. I was just trying to inject a little realism into someone saying anyone's heads will be turned by it.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    Only one team stands in their way - the Chicago Bulls - and they're once again without their All-Star and franchise player, Derrick Rose (although his injury will be re-evaluated for tonight's game against the Pacers and could be a game-time decision per this brief article from NBA.com).

Although the Bulls had a rocky start to their season, they now have a 3-game win streak going coming off their victory over the Raptors last night. Other than Rose, there doesn't seem to be any other players on their injured list and reports are that Joakim Noah is playing healthier. That means Hibbert will have his hands full trying to box out Noah as this guy always seems to get the better of Hibbert on the defensive boards.

The Pacers will have to focus on their perimeter defense should Tibbs put Butler, Dunleavy and Hinrich on the floor at the same time (w/Deng contributing occasionally) because these guys are fast and mobile, and have the ability to stretch the Pacers' defense. Joakim, Boozer and Deng don't mind banging bodies down low. So, Hibbert, DWest and PG will have to be on their two. Vogel will have to use the team's depth and stay sharp with is rotations if the Pacers are to win this one because you can be sure the Bulls don't want to lose this one in their own house against a division rival that is poised to post a league best 10-0 record and take an early series advantage, 2-0. Can it be done? Yes!! The Pacers just have to "be ready" (Hint) because victory to night will depend heavily on Guard-play.

Defend the wings and out-hustle the Bulls in the Paint and the Pacers will win.
    Been watching the game...looks like I called this one perfectly. Sad part is the Pacers are actually doing most of the damage to themselves tossing up brick after brick. Hope they can pull themselves together in the 2nd-half.