18 19.78%
  • No, Loss on the road in Memphis

8 8.79%
  • No, Loss on the road in Milwaukee

0 0%
  • No, Loss on the road in Chicago

15 16.48%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So Lance had set a goal to win the first 10 games of the year, do we pull it off

Default Re: So Lance had set a goal to win the first 10 games of the year, do we pull it off

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have 20 back to back games. don't know if it is the most, but it is defiantly in the top3 most.
    I would imagine this means we also play a good deal of games with 2 days rest. Dont have a schedule on hand so cant check.

Default Re: So Lance had set a goal to win the first 10 games of the year, do we pull it off

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    lol for better or worse you gotta love Lance
    Despite the fact that their games could not be anymore different Lance is the player that reminds me of Reggie the most on this team. Lance is the guy the opposing team thinks about fighting every night. I'm certain there is not a single game they'll play this season that at least one player on the opposing team doesn't have it cross their mind that they'd love to punch Lance in the face. Really hard. lol

(of course Lance has the advantage Reggie didn't have, Lance is huge)

Paul George out plays his opponents every night, and everyone loves him. Lance could have 0 points and their might be a guy on the opposing team that'll will try to chase him down in the locker room after the game. (wait... that already happened before)
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

None of the teams we've played so far have a record of .500 or better...at this time. Detroit and Toronto did, before they played us. Memphis is at .500. After that, the first currently winning records we hit are games 13 and 14...PHI and MIN...we get them both at BLF.

If we make it that far, might as well go for 16.

Then December's a different story. West Coast swing starts it.
    Last edited by kester99; 11-11-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    None of the teams we've played so far have a record of .500 or better...at this time. Detroit and Toronto did, before they played us. Memphis is at .500. After that, the first currently winning records we hit are games 13 and 14...PHI and MIN...we get them both at BFH.

If we make it that far, might as well go for 16.

Then December's a different story. West Coast swing starts it.

That is all well and good. But there are only 3 eastern conference teams with a winning record. Pacers being one of them, so that only gives us 2 chances. And one of those teams is the Sixers, who have played well so far, but they aren't very good. There are 9 western conference teams with winning records - although 4 of those teams are 4-3.

My only real point is the nets are good, they played well against us. The Bulls good, and they played pretty well. Cavs, Raptors, Pistons will be fighting for playoff spots all season, so they aren't bad. 4 in 5 nights is always trough, playing the two better teams in the 2nd and 4th gamre is tough.

Pacers schedule hasn't been a cakewalk so far.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

The question comes to mind. What is the proper way to look at being 7-0? Winning your first 7 can seem more important than it really is.

I look at it just like if we won 7 games straight at any point of the season. December, March, April, whenver. I think that is the proper way too look at it. a 7 game winning streak is impressive whenever it is.

This must be a bad dream.
    Mood

Sports Logo

I voted YES.

Hey, if the Heat were able to string together a 27 game winning streak last season,
    then our much improved and battle hardened Pacers can most certainly get 10.
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The question comes to mind. What is the proper way to look at being 7-0? Winning your first 7 can seem more important than it really is.

I look at it just like if we won 7 games straight at any point of the season. December, March, April, whenver. I think that is the proper way too look at it. a 7 game winning streak is impressive whenever it is.
    Same. I love it, it's nice, but it can always be followed by a rough stretch, so I'm not getting too high over it, either. I just try to leave it as, 'this is very encouraging.'

I wonder how many teams last year won 7 or more games straight. Obviously the Heat did.

OK, the Spurs had two separate 7 game win streaks, plus an 11 game win streak. (note neither 7 game wins treak is contained within the 11 win streak)

So we have a long way to go to match that.

I also went back and looked at our 2004 team that won 61 games. Had an 8 game win streak, and two separate 7 game win streaks.

So I think this is enough evidence to show that a 7 game win streak should be expected if you are near a 60 win team
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 11-11-2013 at 10:58 AM.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Last season we won 10 out of 12 from Jan 30 to Feb 26 (Seth called this butt whooping).
    We had two 5 game win streaks broken up by two losses (to the Raps and Nets).

We won 6 in a row in Feb of 2012 and 7 in a row in April.

We have not won 8 in a row since November of 2008. Shocking really.

The longest streak in the NBA was in 1994, which went into the playoffs against the Magic.

Interesting note the Bobcat's longest streak is 6 games.

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    I voted YES.

Hey, if the Heat were able to string together a 27 game winning streak last season,
    then our much improved and battle hardened Pacers can most certainly get 10.
    The Clippers also had like 17 game win streak early last year too. But I know this team is far better than that clippers team

7-0 is nice, but it will never measure up to the five-game win streak of late 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    7-0 is nice, but it will never measure up to the five-game win streak of late 2009.
    ??? Explain

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Stop it. Just stop it.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

And we go to 27 people probably happy to be wrong

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Humor around here is just anticlimactic without the Thank feature.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Humor around here is just anticlimactic without the Thank feature.
    I really wanted to thank this post.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pingu For This Useful Post:

We won't lose in November.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Although this run they are on is fun, I don't truly care about any win streak in any part of the season. I just want them to win 4 of their final 7.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacers 9-0.

NOW is the time to talk about starting the season 10-0.

And yes, I'm saying that we pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    Pacers 9-0.

NOW is the time to talk about starting the season 10-0.

And yes, I'm saying that we pull it off.
    I think if they play aggressive defense like they can they should win. They are going to have to keep their cool.
    PG needs to go nuclear at crunch time. Last night he was hitting shots like a SuperStar.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Paul needs to overcome Luol Deng's man defense. If he can do that, I don't think the Bulls can beat us.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Decided to wait to see if we could get 5 before asking this, but now I have to ask. Do we pull off this feat. Team looks determined to pull it off. But they have some tough games.
    Only one team stands in their way - the Chicago Bulls - and they're once again without their All-Star and franchise player, Derrick Rose (although his injury will be re-evaluated for tonight's game against the Pacers and could be a game-time decision per this brief article from NBA.com).

Although the Bulls had a rocky start to their season, they now have a 3-game win streak going coming off their victory over the Raptors last night. Other than Rose, there doesn't seem to be any other players on their injured list and reports are that Joakim Noah is playing healthier. That means Hibbert will have his hands full trying to box out Noah as this guy always seems to get the better of Hibbert on the defensive boards.

The Pacers will have to focus on their perimeter defense should Tibbs put Butler, Dunleavy and Hinrich on the floor at the same time (w/Deng contributing occasionally) because these guys are fast and mobile, and have the ability to stretch the Pacers' defense. Joakim, Boozer and Deng don't mind banging bodies down low. So, Hibbert, DWest and PG will have to be on their two. Vogel will have to use the team's depth and stay sharp with is rotations if the Pacers are to win this one because you can be sure the Bulls don't want to lose this one in their own house against a division rival that is poised to post a league best 10-0 record and take an early series advantage, 2-0. Can it be done? Yes!! The Pacers just have to "be ready" (Hint) because victory to night will depend heavily on Guard-play.

Defend the wings and out-hustle the Bulls in the Paint and the Pacers will win.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NuffSaid For This Useful Post:

It's so amazing that we're actually right on the verge of doing this. But boy are we going to have to earn it being up in Chicago.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    Only one team stands in their way - the Chicago Bulls - and they're once again without their All-Star and franchise player, Derrick Rose (although his injury will be re-evaluated for tonight's game against the Pacers and could be a game-time decision per this brief article from NBA.com).

Although the Bulls had a rocky start to their season, they now have a 3-game win streak going coming off their victory over the Raptors last night. Other than Rose, there doesn't seem to be any other players on their injured list and reports are that Joakim Noah is playing healthier. That means Hibbert will have his hands full trying to box out Noah as this guy always seems to get the better of Hibbert on the defensive boards.

The Pacers will have to focus on their perimeter defense should Tibbs put Butler, Dunleavy and Hinrich on the floor at the same time (w/Deng contributing occasionally) because these guys are fast and mobile, and have the ability to stretch the Pacers' defense. Joakim, Boozer and Deng don't mind banging bodies down low. So, Hibbert, DWest and PG will have to be on their two. Vogel will have to use the team's depth and stay sharp with is rotations if the Pacers are to win this one because you can be sure the Bulls don't want to lose this one in their own house against a division rival that is poised to post a league best 10-0 record and take an early series advantage, 2-0. Can it be done? Yes!! The Pacers just have to "be ready" (Hint) because victory to night will depend heavily on Guard-play.

Defend the wings and out-hustle the Bulls in the Paint and the Pacers will win.

Lance should be motivated after his lackluster game last night. If we get good Lance that bodes well for the Pacers. He needs to rebound and keep his emotions in check.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

31. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    It's so amazing that we're actually right on the verge of doing this. But boy are we going to have to earn it being up in Chicago.
    As much as I would like for us to just play the Bucks again 72 times, the fact is that if we manage to hit 10-0 against the media darling Bulls, IN their house, for our second victory over them, I think this streak turns way more heads and means more.

I'm glad we're getting another early season test. This team needs that to stay engaged and playing with such intensity.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"