18 19.78%
  • No, Loss on the road in Memphis

8 8.79%
  • No, Loss on the road in Milwaukee

0 0%
  • No, Loss on the road in Chicago

15 16.48%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So Lance had set a goal to win the first 10 games of the year, do we pull it off

Hybrid View

Default So Lance had set a goal to win the first 10 games of the year, do we pull it off

Decided to wait to see if we could get 5 before asking this, but now I have to ask. Do we pull off this feat. Team looks determined to pull it off. But they have some tough games.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: So Lance had set a goal to win the first 10 games of the year, do we pull it off

Very possible. This team is only getting better
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Default Re: So Lance had set a goal to win the first 10 games of the year, do we pull it off

I really hate to look ahead like this. I'm a little superstitious in that regard. Don't tempt karma. Take 'em one at a time.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Add an option for, "No, by making this poll I just jinxed it." If we lose against the Raptors the onus is on you, big guy.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Add an option for, "No, by making this poll I just jinxed it." If we lose against the Raptors the onus is on you, big guy.
    This reminds me of this classic thread.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This reminds me of this classic thread.
    Yup without even clicking the link I knew what it was and said something very similar in there

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Nope, Peck bailed him out by posting an Odd Thoughts. It will be all Peck's fault.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

I refuse to vote, I don't want to jinx it.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we win against the Raptors I will love the start of the season. It would be asking a lot of the Pacers to win their 4th game in 5 nights on the road against a good home team with a lot of veterans. Thats just one of those scheduled losses in my mind. I'm sure I'll find a way to still be pissed at the Pacers when they lose though...I tend to get caught up in the moment.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

I think it's possible but the schedule is rough with the Nets the 4th game in 5 nights and a growing injury list. It's a nice goal but I hope the players are not overworked in trying to achieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    If we win against the Raptors I will love the start of the season.
    If we lose against the Raptors I will still love the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlton View Post
    If we lose against the Raptors I will still love the start of the season.
    Oh, I'll be happy with it - but again, I expect a loss in Brooklyn. So in my mind that loss puts us at 5-2 which is what I expected roughly. That Brooklyn game is going to be incredibly hard to win.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lance is young. I like his fire. The GOAL is GOLD. Champions not crowned in Nov.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

FYI, Memphis and Milwaukee are at home.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    FYI, Memphis and Milwaukee are at home.
    Gonna blame Yahoos crappy interface. Too lazy to go to the Canadian site.

I'm fascinated to see where we will be sitting after that November 16 game in Chicago.

We play at home tomorrow night against Toronto. We certainly can't overlook them, but I'd be surprised if they beat us. Then we go to Brooklyn on Saturday night. That will obviously be extremely tough as it's our fourth game in five nights, and is in a hostile environment. It's certainly a potential cliche' "schedule loss" if there ever was one. Then we have Memphis at home on Monday night, obviously they are tough. After that, we don't play again until Friday night at home against Milwaukee. With three full days of rest, I'd be surprised if we don't throttle them. But it will be intense the next night when we travel to Chicago, who we all know will be dying for revenge. That will be a tough game.

If we make it out of that stretch relatively unscathed, then it will start to get real intense......

I'd be pretty shocked if we go 10-0. Pleasantly shocked, obviously.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Well as of now 19 people are happy to be wrong I imagine

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

70% of the way there. I thought we might've lost tonight.

Win Monday and I don't think we lose a game in November.

After the game Lance was interviewed and Brook asked him about his prediction. He smiled and said he doesn't think 10 is enough. He then said he should have predicted 15 games and thinks we will win 15 in row now.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    After the game Lance was interviewed and Brook asked him about his prediction. He smiled and said he doesn't think 10 is enough. He then said he should have predicted 15 games and thinks we will win 15 in row now.
    lol for better or worse you gotta love Lance

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    lol for better or worse you gotta love Lance
    Despite the fact that their games could not be anymore different Lance is the player that reminds me of Reggie the most on this team. Lance is the guy the opposing team thinks about fighting every night. I'm certain there is not a single game they'll play this season that at least one player on the opposing team doesn't have it cross their mind that they'd love to punch Lance in the face. Really hard. lol

(of course Lance has the advantage Reggie didn't have, Lance is huge)

Paul George out plays his opponents every night, and everyone loves him. Lance could have 0 points and their might be a guy on the opposing team that'll will try to chase him down in the locker room after the game. (wait... that already happened before)
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

I said game 10. It's another back to back and against the Bulls on their court.

Don't the Pacers have the most back to back games this season?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I said game 10. It's another back to back and against the Bulls on their court.

Don't the Pacers have the most back to back games this season?
    They have 20 back to back games. don't know if it is the most, but it is defiantly in the top3 most.