View Poll Results: This will be interesting....

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul George

18 16.51%
  • Luis Scola

60 55.05%
  • David West

20 18.35%
  • Someone else

11 10.09%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 11/6/13

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 11/6/13

Forget winning the championship. We only had 14 turnovers!

(Serious about the first part though. Pace y'allselves.)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just saw on the Bulls realgm board that we scored on 15 straight possessions in the 4th quarter. Is that true. I took a quick look at the play by play and it looks like it might be legit.
    Not quite, but we scored on our last 15 of 17. We had an 8 second violation and that possession where Lance missed both his shot and his tip.

Still, pretty ridiculous lol
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

4. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post

I presumed most of you saw this? I both giggled at the goofiness, but took pride in the hustle...
    Geez louise.....that's legit? Geez....frickin Scola hustled all the way to the other end before most of the Pacers did. That's just pure Awesome there.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Have any of you checked this out yet?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9935081
    Great link, thanks for that.

Stephen A. Smith's argument included this:

"Paul George doesn't need to be (or beat, not sure) LeBron. You know why? Because Roy Hibbert Hibbert is 7'2 and there is no answer on Miami for him. Because David West is 6'10 with muscles coming out of his ears!"

In general, I loved what Stephen A. had to say about us.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I cannot get over the fact that our 3rd string PG has made big plays in the 4th quarter in two consecutive games. It just seems unreal.

Sloan deserves huge props.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    The defensive player of the year award is Roy's to lose. So far he's put the effort that Gasol put in last year to shame. Downright DOMINANT
    I will make a bolder prediction ( but quite obvious ), I'm callling that the Pacers will have 2 NBA Defensive Players of the Year.....PG24 and Hibbert both or either will make it onto the 1st and/or 2nd All Defensive Team.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I cannot get over the fact that our 3rd string PG has made big plays in the 4th quarter in two consecutive games. It just seems unreal.

Sloan deserves huge props.
    It bears repeating SEVERAL TIMES......I don't dread it as much when GH sits or has to rest for extended periods of time. CJ and Sloan are able to hold the PG spot.

But this also highlights something that's been said before....this Team's offense isn't predicated on a Classic/Typical PG that can run the point but a Guard that can promote and facilitate ball movement while being a capable shooter and hit the occassional 3pt shot and mid-range jumpshot. CJ and Sloan can do that while having Players like PG24 and Lance in the lineup.

One thing about Sloan that I notice that either drives me nuts or ( I guess ) helps ( when it comes to "making that extra pass" ) is that I noticed that he often looks for the open man....even when he has a wide open shot to the basket. I noticed that when Sloan had a open look....pump faked it, drove to the basket then passed it out to PG24 ( who wasn't entirely open ) and couldn't take the shot. I guess, sometimes I can see passing the ball when needed....but I don't mind if he takes an open shot if he has it.
    Last edited by CableKC; 11-07-2013 at 01:52 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Great link, thanks for that.

Stephen A. Smith's argument included this:

"Paul George doesn't need to be (or beat, not sure) LeBron. You know why? Because Roy Hibbert Hibbert is 7'2 and there is no answer on Miami for him. Because David West is 6'10 with muscles coming out of his ears!"

In general, I loved what Stephen A. had to say about us.
    West is 6'9" but his muscles make him seem like he's about 6'10"...so I guess that's okay.

Damn it's just so much fun to watch this team right now. That is all.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post

I presumed most of you saw this? I both giggled at the goofiness, but took pride in the hustle...
    You know, a lot of people have given grief to Scola throughout the years for his below average D. But there is one thing that no one can say about him. They cannot say that he does not have a heart. We're talking about a guy that has been playing non-stop basketball at the highest level for the last 12 years. Did you know that he has appeared in 11 of his NT's 12 appearances? Did you know that he has only missed 8 games throughout his NBA career? No, he is not athletic. Yes, he can get abused on D especially now that he's older. But the guy has the heart of a warrior. This gif sums up who Scola is.
    Last edited by Nuntius; 11-07-2013 at 02:07 AM. Reason: I wanted to write "heart" but instead I wrote "hard". I guess that I went farder :p

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

19. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    It bears repeating SEVERAL TIMES......I don't dread it as much when GH sits or has to rest for extended periods of time. CJ and Sloan are able to hold the PG spot.

But this also highlights something that's been said before....this Team's offense isn't predicated on a Classic/Typical PG that can run the point but a Guard that can promote and facilitate ball movement while being a capable shooter and hit the occassional 3pt shot and mid-range jumpshot. CJ and Sloan can do that while having Players like PG24 and Lance in the lineup.

One thing about Sloan that I notice that either drives me nuts or ( I guess ) helps ( when it comes to "making that extra pass" ) is that I noticed that he often looks for the open man....even when he has a wide open shot to the basket. I noticed that when Sloan had a open look....pump faked it, drove to the basket then passed it out to PG24 ( who wasn't entirely open ) and couldn't take the shot. I guess, sometimes I can see passing the ball when needed....but I don't mind if he takes an open shot if he has it.
    Sloan is not a very good 3 point shooter. That's why he is passing up those shots. He is much more comfortable at pump faking and then driving to the rim or taking a mid range shot.

It is important to note that the guy wasn't drafted and made it to the NBA through the D-League. I remember pacers4ever saying that he loved the pick-up when we signed him because he knows how to play the game. And as expected p4e was right.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

You know, a lot of people have given grief to Scola throughout the years for his below average D. But there is one thing that no one can say about him. They cannot say that he does not have a hard. We're talking about a guy that has been playing non-stop basketball at the highest level for the last 12 years. Did you know that he has appeared in 11 of his NT's 12 appearances? Did you know that he has only missed 8 games throughout his NBA career? No, he is not athletic. Yes, he can get abused on D especially now that he's older. But the guy has the heart of a warrior. This gif sums up who Scola is.
    Typical Larry Bird type of Player. Again....Awesome....just pure Awesome-ness.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

I'd like to point out that you have to give our coaching staff major props for getting this team prepared every night and buying into this system. It's important and yet often overlooked
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

From the NBA.com link ( http://www.nba.com/pacers/rewind-pacers-bulls-131106 ) that Anthem posted:

Ian Mahinmi sprained his right ankle towards the end of the third quarter. He was available to return and doesn’t expect it to hinder him moving forward.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Sloan is not a very good 3 point shooter. That's why he is passing up those shots. He is much more comfortable at pump faking and then driving to the rim or taking a mid range shot.

It is important to note that the guy wasn't drafted and made it to the NBA through the D-League. I remember pacers4ever saying that he loved the pick-up when we signed him because he knows how to play the game. And as expected p4e was right.
    Okay....that's a valid point. I guess if he is comfortable taking and making a shot....then I'd hope he takes it from time to time. As I said....there were some good open dishes that I saw created when he drove to the basket....but sometimes the Players weren't ready for or expecting it ( that's on the other Players not Sloan though ). I guess the rest of the Team just has to be aware that he'll likely dish the ball to them.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Okay....that's a valid point. I guess if he is comfortable taking and making a shot....then I'd hope he takes it from time to time. As I said....there were some good open dishes that I saw created when he drove to the basket....but sometimes the Players weren't ready for or expecting it ( that's on the other Players not Sloan though ). I guess the rest of the Team just has to be aware that he'll likely dish the ball to them.
    Eh, they will work it off. It's still only 5 games into the season and Sloan is a newcomer. The team doesn't know all of his tendencies yet. Plus, I do like the fact that he is looking for a higher percentage shot. Also, he made an important corner 3 tonight in the 3rd after a nice OJ pass

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

very glad of the bench production tonight. unlike in year's past, we got a bench that can really contribute. scola hit several mid-range shots that were a great reason we let tyler go.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh, and I guess this was Hibbert's 20th straight regular season game with at least 1 block, hope that number goes up a ton, maybe can do the LeBron points stat lol.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sloan hit quite a few key shots to keep us in the game. If it wasn't for Luis Scola, I would give him the nod for the player of the game, he played exceptionally well.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Oh, and I guess this was Hibbert's 20th straight regular season game with at least 1 block, hope that number goes up a ton, maybe can do the LeBron points stat lol.
    Nice, but if he can continue to average at least 5 blocks per game that's a major feat in itself as that will put him in the same league as the greatest shot blockers in NBA history.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh, and about the Bulls anyway, they're stuck in a bad spot imo. They're a pretty damn good team that's most likely not going to win the title as currently constructed. The 2011 MVP Rose Bulls team w/ MUCH better reserves was easily dispatched by the Heat, and I'd say Rose's absolute ceiling is that level at least for this season, I'll eat crow if wrong.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

After watching this game, I feel oddly better about Tuesday night.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

40. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    After watching this game, I feel oddly better about Tuesday night.
    Who can blame you? Your Pistons answered our late 4th quarter run. The Bulls didn't.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Mood

Sports Logo

After that looong summer, seeing this game and the kind of juggernaut this Pacers squad
    is developing into has been well worth the wait.

From top to bottom, man-o-man these guys are GOOD.

"I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

43. The Following User Says Thank You to RamBo_Lamar For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I woke up still happy about this beatdown.

45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: