View Poll Results: This will be interesting....

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul George

18 16.51%
  • Luis Scola

60 55.05%
  • David West

20 18.35%
  • Someone else

11 10.09%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 11/6/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Bulls Postgame Thread 11/6/13

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully that shut some people up on ESPN. Start giving the Pacers their deserved credit and due.
    We were talked up quite a bit on ESPN all day today. I think the team is getting their just due

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Scola changed the game imo, he was hitting his shots and bringing the energy when he came in the 2nd half. Lance took them to the finish line, and was just overall an awesome team effort, and PG still gets 20+ shooting like crap.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

I love it when the Pacers out defend, out rebound and out "physical" the NBA medias poster child for defense, rebounding and physical play.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Downtown Bang! For This Useful Post:

Mood

Do any of the people who were criticizing us for not taking the bad preseason play too seriously have anything they would like to say right now???

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    And how about that douche bag Bulls fan throwing a lighter onto the court?
    Ridiculous, not surprising.

@CandaceDBuckner: Just told it was a lighter. Thanks. It hit like a brick right next to me. @ScottAgness's stuff is jacked up. Ruined his laptop

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

David West (17 on 50%) and Luis Scola (12 on 75%) both had their best game of the season tonight. Seeing them step up in our toughest test yet was very reassuring.

Off-topic, but I become a raving lunatic watching these two teams face off. Usually, I'm a pretty reserved lunatic.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

It's just special what we're watching. There's no other way to put it. Who in the hell could have envisioned this three or four years ago? I was always a believer in Bird's plan, but I never dreamed it would end up like this.

By his superstar 2013-14 standards, Paul had an "off" game with 21-6-5. The Bulls defense did a good job of smothering him when he took it inside. But this dude is so good that his floor right now is basically 20 PPG.

Lance had an ugly first half, but the dude is so confident that it didn't fluster him a bit. He kept doing what he needed to do and eventually it paid off. He dished the ball, including hitting Scola up with that key 4Q shot, made a a three, had that nice dunk, and in general pushed the ball and moved it around well. Like PG, an "off" game for Lance in 2013-14 is still a damn good game. 15-5-4.

West in the second half was the West we grew to love last season. 17 and 13, what a monster. He was just dialed with that long jumper and even had a great steal against D-Rose. His ability to hit that long jumper just adds so much potency to our offense.

As long as Roy defends, blocks shots, and alters shots, he will be worth every penny. But I wish we could see some of that offense we saw against New York and Miami in the playoffs last year. It seems as though his offense has to start from scratch every single season. Like someone said in the game thread, he needs to dunk more. Oh well, you can't complain as long as the dude rebounds and alters/blocks shots.

Games like tonight are why we traded for Scola. He hit some beautiful jumpers and had that nice steal. He obviously brings an element off of our bench that we certainly didn't have last seaosn.

This isn't an indictment against George Hill, but this team is so damned stacked that I forgot he didn't play. Bird made a great move with CJ Watson. And I just love what we got from Donald Sloan tonight. He got 8 boards. The bench is just infinitely better this year.

Nothing on this planet feels sweeter than beating the Bulls. Seeing a dejected Bulls team that didn't know what hit them was very satisfying. They played hard, but they simply aren't as good as the Pacers.

Great win! Go Pacers!!
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 11-06-2013 at 09:53 PM.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

The Pacers need to keep Lance Stephenson. There's really no other alternative.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Damn it feels good to be a Pacer...even these refs couldn't hold us back. I FKIN love this team.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 31Since1990 For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    Ridiculous, not surprising.

@CandaceDBuckner: Just told it was a lighter. Thanks. It hit like a brick right next to me. @ScottAgness's stuff is jacked up. Ruined his laptop
    Agness works on an NBA sideline. If a friggin lighter ruins his equipment he definitely need to upgrade. Get a Toughbook or something.

Scola, DWest in the second half, and Lance late were huge....not to mention Mt. Hibbert made life miserable for the Bulls.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Lets not forget the Pacers are currently doing this without Granger or George Hill....
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

On the foul Hibbert got in de 4th quarter by blocking Rose

The "restricted area" arc is used to determine Legal Guarding Position for secondary defenders (help side defenders) in regards to a block/charge call. The rule says, "An offensive foul should not be called for charging if the contact is with a secondary defensive player who has established a defensive position within a designated "restricted area" near the basket for the purpose of drawing an offensive foul" (NBA Comments on the rules, Section C, pg. 59). However, although Hibbert was in the restricted area, this was not a block/charge play due to Hibbert obtaining Legal Guarding Position before the offensive player started his shooting motion.
    Analysis: Bad call. The restricted area is used as a kind of tie-breaker when a block/charge call occurs. Not all contact that takes place within the RA is a foul on the defender. Hibbert had legal verticality and the offensive player initiated all the contact. According to the rule posted above, the offensive player could not have been called for a charge, but this does not necessitate calling a block on the defensive player.
    Proud owner of 'Dutch Pacers'

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DEEman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    I watched so many ****** Pacer basketball seasons to finally see this!!!
    As someone who chose to start following the Pacers the year of the brawl, this is just so sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    I hate the terrible second quarters as much as the next guy, but I don't think we blow them out in the fourth without it.

Do you think getting extra rest in the second has allowed our starters to finish the fourth stronger?
    I will say one thing. Whether it has to do with rotations or not, we are one magnificent second half team. 50-60 second half points will not be a problem at all.

Mood

If this is what a bad night for Paul George has become....

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here is an interesting bit from the last preseason game vs the Bulls in Chicago. That horrible announcer of theirs was talking to Stacey King and was wondering now the Bulls have 2 wins in the preseason over the Pacers how Indiana would find a way to beat them in the regular season in the first two matches they face each other in a short period.

Mwuahahahahahaha
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

He is out of control sometimes but Lance's energy and attitude really ignite this team.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Beating the two teams that drive most Pacers fans bonkers, Detroit and Chicago in back to back games. This team is really deep. Scola and Watson/Sloan is a huge improvement from lastt year. Pacers probably lose this game with out those three. Last year was a huge drop off on offense when the starters sat.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

I think Derrick Mumbles was right when he said this wasn't a rivalry.

I'll never forget his kind compliment.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Mood

Wow, this team is a force to be reckoned with. Who the hell Is gonna beat us?
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

38. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

I mentioned this in the Turnover thread that was started not too long ago, but I will mention it again here because I think it is a key reason we won.

While the turnovers we are committing is disconcerting and you hope that they get it under control better, how bout our defense and the forcing of turnovers. Last year we were 23rd in the NBA at forcing turnovers despite our great D we simply didn't get as many deflections or turnovers you would think we'd get with all our length on D. This year however we seem to have VERY active hands and getting tons of deflections and steals, our amazing D from last year seems to have added yet another level and it is exciting. Points off turnovers was huge for us tonight and a big reason we stretched the lead as big as we did in that 4th quarter.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VideoVandal For This Useful Post:

On the second night of a back to back with the refs screwing us and we still won Hell yeah.

And that is the Luis Scola we traded for. Hell yeah. Love this team.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Mood

Warts and all, Sloan gave us more tonight than DJ Augustin probably would have.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Any further reason to love Lance?
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

46. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked