Thread: Pacer's Perfect Start - ESPN Video

Ohh this is gonna be good PacerPassion55's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacer's Perfect Start - ESPN Video

This is a video from First Take this morning. They all make very good arguments. But I annoyingly dislike Skip, as usual.

Have a look, and share what you think!

This is going to be a fun year guys! Really.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=993...espnapi_public

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacerPassion55 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That may be the first time I've ever heard Stephen A. Smith talk for an extended period of time where I didn't want to punch him in the face.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Pacer's Perfect Start - ESPN Video

FYI, Skip Bayless is involved. Proceed at your own risk.

All things considered not the dumbest thing skip ever said. But you don't need a player as good as Lebron to beat the Heat. More often than not Lebron has lost is final playoff series. And I think you would be hard pressed to ever say those teams had a better player.

I imagined during that conversation players talking about shaking Lebrons hand the way they talk about Sinatra in Oceans 13 lol.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Mood

You've got 6'10" David West, with muscles coming out of his ears....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ejwallace For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FYI, Skip Bayless is involved. Proceed at your own risk.
    Honestly, that's why I'm not even clicking on the link. Stephen A. being reason 1b.

Mood

I also want to mention that no one even mentioned Granger....There used to be a lot of talk about how good we would be if Granger came back even half as productive as he was, and now not one mention....That concerns me as to where Granger's fate lies within the Pacers organization, and to the extent of health that is left in his body....I am worried that he will come back from this calf strain and something else is going to act up on him....

Here's to praying for Granger to be an effective piece of our team....

Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post
    I also want to mention that no one even mentioned Granger....There used to be a lot of talk about how good we would be if Granger came back even half as productive as he was, and now not one mention....That concerns me as to where Granger's fate lies within the Pacers organization, and to the extent of health that is left in his body....I am worried that he will come back from this calf strain and something else is going to act up on him....

I wouldn't use ESPN's on-screen analysis as a barometer for Larry's perspective about Granger.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"They can gaurd at every position"............Uncle Buck just had a warm and fuzzy moment.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Honestly, that's why I'm not even clicking on the link. Stephen A. being reason 1b.
    Agree in general, but SAS actually had a couple of solid points there. The big one was refuting Skip's assertion that Paul George has to be better than LeBron in order for Indy to pass Miami. If Paul can even come close to evening out LeBron's production, and we beat them at every other position on the court, we could end up winning by a lot.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Stephen A. knows first hand how good the Pacers are. He's still crushed by the way the Pacers dismantled his Knicks in the 2nd round.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ejwallace View Post

This was also the first thing I noticed. It is the first time I have heard an analysis about our Championship Frontrunnership where Danny was not a factor. However, I think that is a GREAT thing! I don't want our chances to be tied into Danny's health! And for the first time, I DON'T believe they are...

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    It honestly wasn't that bad, nothing Skip said was unfair or anything.

Was pretty odd the name Granger wasn't mentioned once. We can all debate how and when to play Danny til the cows come home but I don't think anyone would argue having him healthy in whatever role makes us better. Outta sight outta mind I suppose. Really, that's how far PG's come in such a short time. Him being as good as he is makes Danny not even worth a mention in a national segment.

Just a small mention of Lance at the end. Lance and PG elevating their games means they can beat the Heat. Doesn't mean they will, but they certainly are an elite team.

All the PG love is intoxicating. Never has the Pacers had a player like Paul.

2010 draft has to be one of the best drafts of all time if the Pacers keep Lance past this season. How many teams select 2 top tier players in a draft outside of the top 9 picks?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Banned

The Scola been one of the best back to the basket players in the NBA thing kind of made me mad because the Pacers are not using him that way.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't mind SAS, but Bayless is on a strict no watch list for me.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    The Scola been one of the best back to the basket players in the NBA thing kind of made me mad because the Pacers are not using him that way.
    its been 4 games. I thought we used Scola well last night, seems to be getting more comfortable out there and the guys seems to be getting more comfortable with him.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I think they are though. They are playing him in the high post and basically asking him to play like West which is pretty much exactly his game. Look for cutters first because he is a superb passer and then posting up if he has the spacing right. It's just a chemistry thing with scola. He's gonna be great in a few months when he gets used to who he is playing with. I can't wait until Lance and Scola get some chemistry. They are going to pick and pop second units to death.

All the passes I've seen scola make are REALLY good looks just not used to who he is playing with yet. The second unit will be a machine once everything clicks for them chemistry wise.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

This video had more Pacers love than a fire hydrant at a dog park.