Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Live by the 3, die by the 3

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Live by the 3, die by the 3

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean that has to part of it right? I don't really understand why everything isn't going as smoothly. I mean, there just seems to be some times during the game where the offense dies just like last year. I dunno if that is all just to freethrows and turnovers or not. Who knows.
    It's always been a game of runs. What team ever consistently scored at an exact pace through an entire game every single game? Remember, back in the 90s we used to be able to kick the living daylights out of the Bulls for 3 quarters, then they came back and stepped on us in the fourth.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's always been a game of runs. What team ever consistently scored at an exact pace through an entire game every single game? Remember, back in the 90s we used to be able to kick the living daylights out of the Bulls for 3 quarters, then they came back and stepped on us in the fourth.
    Yup. Every game I watch, Pacers or someone else, the statement, "Basketball is a game of runs," becomes more and more true.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

At least with both players, we know that if the 3 isn't falling, they're capable of switching modes and driving it to the paint.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

So I wanted to know what happens to the team when the 3's stop to fall, and I think we have at least a partial answer the past 2 games. Hit the boards, get to the line. You know, doing what the Pacers do. It's nice that the team still remembers how to grind out wins.

mattie has a point though. This team isn't an offensive juggernaut, and probably won't ever be, outside of fluky hot shooting streaks. But that's ok, since it's not the team identity anyway. As long as we don't lose sight of our strengths, I think we'll be fine.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post: