Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What type of attendance are you expecting at tonight's game?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What type of attendance are you expecting at tonight's game?

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had a customer in my bar last night explain that last years playoffs really got him watching the Pacers again. I never thought this meant I had a great chance to criticize him because he hadn't met the loyalty criteria necessary to root for a winning team. I simply thought, "sweet" everyones watching the Pacers again. woohoo.

This is fun. Let's enjoy it while it lasts.
    Exactly. There's still plenty of room on the bandwagon, Indianapolis. Hop on board now, and get a good seat.
    "And Tottenham do not know what hit them...well I can tell you, it's Theo Walcott!"

"And it's Tony Adams put through by Steve Bould, WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?! That...sums it all up."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brohan Cruyff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DRose
    All I can do is continue to drive and I guess try to get fouled.
    We've been saying this for years.

Of course, that's not ALL DRose can do. He's also pretty good at remembering when he's disrespected.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Of course, that's not ALL DRose can do. He's also pretty good at remembering when he's disrespected.
    And has the ability to hear through walls. He is super human we've been told.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOL @ Rose. Maybe he should try to drive to the hoop with the intent of making the shot instead of relying on a bailout call. I'll be there, wearing gold swagger and blue collar. Hopefully since it's an early Wednesday night game, not as much black and red will be there. Hopefully some make the trip though, I love to see Bulls' fans cry.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRik For This Useful Post:

Mood

My Gf is going tonight lower level im so jealous. I have a game up in Plymouth so I will be watching at 2 or 3 when I get home. Missing a Bulls game kills me !!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It's also wrong, in my experience. Tons of friends an acquaintances that otherwise don't give a crap about the NBA are texting and calling me and making Facebook posts about how awesome Paul George is. Hell, this morning there was one from a girl that probably doesn't even know what a basketball is asking "so is this Paul George guy single?"
    Ditto,
    Today at work I had 3 ladies come talk to me about the Pacers and how they are undefeated. This team is over the hump. There is still a ways to go to get back to the love the city had during the Reggie era, but it's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    Ditto,
    Today at work I had 3 ladies come talk to me about the Pacers and how they are undefeated. This team is over the hump. There is still a ways to go to get back to the love the city had during the Reggie era, but it's happening.
    NO MAN! There shouldn't be "a ways to go" damnit, the team has been in playoffs 3 times in a row with the last one being 1 game away from the Finals! I don't understand Indianapolis/Indiana..the team proved themselves already, why are the people not in love by now? This is Andrew Luck's second year and fans were all in..out early in the playoffs! If I lived in Indy, I'd be PROUD to not only have the #1 Ranked team in the AFC North but also the #1 Ranked only-undefeated team in NBA

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    NO MAN! There shouldn't be "a ways to go" damnit, the team has been in playoffs 3 times in a row with the last one being 1 game away from the Finals! I don't understand Indianapolis/Indiana..the team proved themselves already, why are the people not in love by now? This is Andrew Luck's second year and fans were all in..out early in the playoffs! If I lived in Indy, I'd be PROUD to not only have the #1 Ranked team in the AFC North but also the #1 Ranked only-undefeated team in NBA
    The Colts are in the AFC South. I don't know what you people want. Government shutdowns for every Pacers home game I guess.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Do you appreciate just how badly the Pacers destroyed their brand from 2004-2010? Meanwhile, the NFL team across the street was going on a phenomenal run of success with one of the greatest players ever that included a Super Bowl championship.

The Pacers have made a TREMENDOUS gain in local popularity over the last couple of seasons, particularly in the last year. Let's just appreciate that the community is embracing them again. Both the team and the local support have come a long way over the last three seasons.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Seriously, I wish people who don't live here would stop chiming in on this. The support from the city and state is fine. We all have jobs, families, lives. There are 41 home pacer games a year, many of them taking place at 7pm on week days and some of them often during months with terrible weather.

The Colts play 8 home games a year typically on Sundays or very occasionally a Monday or Thursday night. It's a lot easier to get to those games.

If you don't live here please stop saying how you "don't understand Indianapolis/Indiana". Because the truth is what you mean to say is you just don't know. It's really easy to say "If I lived there I'd go to every game!" and kudos you may do exactly that, but not everyone will and that doesn't mean we have bad fans.

EDIT: And now since you've opened this pet peeve for me, you have to realize this, Indiana isn't that big of a state. Yet we manage and have managed to support, two major pro sports franchises for 30 years while being within throwing distance of one of the biggest fan base sucks in professional sports, that is Chicago. We also while doing that support, three very major colleges (you're welcome Purdue fans ) all with pretty decently established sporting histories. We also support Final Fours, Big Ten Tournaments, Big Ten championships, motor racing, swimming and lots of other events and we do it while stealing it from huge cities and states with much larger population bases. Our Super Bowl is widely regarded as one of the best ever and not just because of the game, but because the city kicked *** and took names for a whole 7-10 days and put on a ****ing show the likes of which New York (New Jersey) will try to replicate and probably fail.

There are maybe two places in the entire country that can compete with Indy/Indiana for supporting lots of sports, Boston and Chicago IMO.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 11-06-2013 at 04:35 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

GTFOH with excuses.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to 31Since1990 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Colts are in the AFC South. I don't know what you people want. Government shutdowns for every Pacers home game I guess.
    personally i want free tickets, dont have to be amazing, but you know something nice. also if Herb could lend me that private jet to get me to the games, that would be fantastic.

GTFOH with excuses.
    Are you serious?

Excuses? First of all you're talking to a season ticket holder. So I try to go to as many games as I can, but guess what sometimes I can't. **** happens, things come up, you get stuck at work, your girlfriend bothers you into doing something else, life happens.

Man, this post pisses me off so much I don't even have the time to respond to it in full detail.

Also, I hope everyone sees the irony of a guy who has username referencing Reggie and has Reggie in their avatar not understanding how the team lost support in the mid 2000s.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

GTFOH with excuses.
    I'm seriously not trying to be a prick. You support the Pacers, the Brewers, the Buccaneers, and Syracuse. Have you been to a game for ANY of those teams?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Honestly the fact that the Pacers and Colts have established fan bases at all being in shouting distance of the Jordan Bulls and Chicago Bears is amazing in and of itself. Not to even mention IU, Purdue and Notre Dame.

Sports Logo

I expect to see more Mustard than Ketchup.....
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Honestly the fact that the Pacers and Colts have established fan bases at all being in shouting distance of the Jordan Bulls and Chicago Bears is amazing in and of itself. Not to even mention IU, Purdue and Notre Dame.
    c'mon, two of those last ones are pretty interchangeable

c'mon, two of those last ones are pretty interchangeable
    And I was being nice to you! *grumbles*

I'm seriously not trying to be a prick. You support the Pacers, the Brewers, the Buccaneers, and Syracuse. Have you been to a game for ANY of those teams?
    YES, YES, YES, AND YES! I'm not a bandwagoner.

When I mention support, it didn't nesscessarily mean going to every game. I'm talking seeing people wearing fan gear, water cooler talk, where it was definitely evident that the city has the team back like the Colts. That's all I'm saying. I STILL feel like the city is

Colts>>IU>>>>Pacers and that's sad, how can you have a COLLEGE outrank a GREAT professional basketball team?

Sports Logo

And I was being nice to you! *grumbles*
    it's a bad time, gotta take shots when I can. I do look forward to hoosierguy's rant though.

YES, YES, YES, AND YES! I'm not a bandwagoner.

When I mention support, it didn't nesscessarily mean going to every game. I'm talking seeing people wearing fan gear, water cooler talk, where it was definitely evident that the city has the team back like the Colts. That's all I'm saying. I STILL feel like the city is

Colts>>IU>>>>Pacers and that's sad, how can you have a COLLEGE outrank a GREAT professional basketball team?
    You've already said you don't live in Indy. So, and I mean this with all due respect, you really don't know what the **** you're talking about.

Walk around downtown for even 5 minutes these days and you will see someone with Pacers gear on. Wear Pacers gear out and the reaction will be overwhelmingly positive.

I'm glad you FEEL like the city is Colts>>IU>>>>Pacers, but the fact is you really don't ****ing know, because you don't live here.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

You've already said you don't live in Indy. So, and I mean this with all due respect, you really don't know what the **** you're talking about.

Walk around downtown for even 5 minutes these days and you will see someone with Pacers gear on. Wear Pacers gear out and the reaction will be overwhelmingly positive.

I'm glad you FEEL like the city is Colts>>IU>>>>Pacers, but the fact is you really don't ****ing know, because you don't live here.
    I'll eat that.

Mood

I'll eat that.
    Yeah baby!

Have an 11 game package, balcony, above Area 55, but no Bulls tix.

Cooked dinner to help me convince the wife to let me buy tix. Just bought Krieg level for 2.

Dinner was that good.

Buck the Fulls!.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seeker80 For This Useful Post:

Mood

And since I was born and raised in Chicago, I expect to see some of my clown relatives.

Especially, the ones who live in my Aunt's basement on 87th and Pulaski.

"stop drinking all your Dad's beer, go out and get a job!".

I consider myself a die hard fan, and I am one of the people who cannot attend tonights game. I have a family, job, and just life keeps from attending every game. I attend 3-4 game a year with my son and or my whole family. I feel that is more than enough to be considered a die hard fan. I do watch every game and I am on pacersdigest at least 6 or 7 times a day. You don't have to be a season ticket holder to be a die hard fan. That is the biggest crock out there. I not only don't have the money to go to evey game, but I like to spend time at home with family and enjoy the games that way too.
    By the way I consider myself a die hard Colts fan and I haven't been to a game since 2009.