Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What type of attendance are you expecting at tonight's game?

Default What type of attendance are you expecting at tonight's game?

And are you going?

I'm expecting about 70/30 pacers/bulls

I'm not going. I want to, but spent way too much on Halloween parties this weekend.

Go Pacers!

Default Re: What type of attendance are you expecting at tonight's game?

I'll be there.

For sure they're is gonna be the same contingent of Bulls fans that are there all every time. 30% sounds about right.
    I just hope we don't have to play them in the first round of the playoffs. Shouldn't have too, but Indy just does not go bonkers for the Pacers until Round 2.
    Most people have no idea they are 4-0 and the last unbeaten team in the league.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

still about a thousand tickets left

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll be there.

For sure they're is gonna be the same contingent of Bulls fans that are there all every time. 30% sounds about right.
    I just hope we don't have to play them in the first round of the playoffs. Shouldn't have too, but Indy just does not go bonkers for the Pacers until Round 2.
    With the Hoosiers down I would imagine the city/state will start going crazy as soon as the Colts are done. Not really fair to George or Luck they both sorta came about at the same time. But thems the breaks

I'll be there.

This is so pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    This is so pathetic.
    It's also wrong, in my experience. Tons of friends an acquaintances that otherwise don't give a crap about the NBA are texting and calling me and making Facebook posts about how awesome Paul George is. Hell, this morning there was one from a girl that probably doesn't even know what a basketball is asking "so is this Paul George guy single?"

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    And are you going?

I'm expecting about 70/30 pacers/bulls

I'm not going. I want to, but spent way too much on Halloween parties this weekend.

Go Pacers!
    Come on dude! Suck it up and buy a $10 nosebleed ticket! Take one for the team! We need one more Pacer fan to rain abuse from on high unto the Red Sea!

We'll be there, in the usual spot. I just hope the Pacers can keep DRose from taking off at the beginning of the game. Let the Pacers crowd get into it before the Bulls Jockers can get going and the noise will be fine.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Come on dude! Suck it up and buy a $10 nosebleed ticket! Take one for the team! We need one more Pacer fan to rain abuse from on high unto the Red Sea!

We'll be there, in the usual spot. I just hope the Pacers can keep DRose from taking off at the beginning of the game. Let the Pacers crowd get into it before the Bulls Jockers can get going and the noise will be fine.
    Looks like all the 10 dollar tickets are gone. I looked lol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Tons of friends an acquaintances that otherwise don't give a crap about the NBA are texting and calling me and making Facebook posts about how awesome Paul George is.
    Look at Mr. Popular.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Looks like all the 10 dollar tickets are gone. I looked lol.
    The cheapest ticket (non stub hub route) through ticket master for this game is $35.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Hell, this morning there was one from a girl that probably doesn't even know what a basketball is asking "so is this Paul George guy single?"
    Well???

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Well???
    Far as I know. I wouldn't be comfortable bringing my lady around him lol.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    The cheapest ticket (non stub hub route) through ticket master for this game is $35.
    35?! Do you know I just paid 250 for 2 tickets in the nosebleed section for Pacers/Bulls next Saturday? BUY THAT DAMN TICKET! lol

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I just hope we win when you got thibodeu running his mouth in the media pretty much begging for more foul calls I just want to punish the bulls tonight

"Rose penalized for being too nice"

DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Chicago Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau is upset that Derrick Rose isn't getting more calls early in the season. Rose, who has shot just 28.8 percent (15 of 52) from the field through the first three games, has been to the free throw line just 10 times.
    After initially declining to answer a question as to why Rose hasn't gone to the line more, Thibodeau paused before giving his opinion.

"I'll say this," Thibodeau said. "I don't know anyone who drives as hard as he does, nor as fast as he does. I think sometimes he's penalized for being a nice guy. I'll leave it at that."
    For his part, Rose has tried to take his recent struggles in stride.
    "I can't complain about it," he said. "It's just the way the game is going. All I can do is continue to drive and I guess try to get fouled."
    This isn't the first time that the Bulls have been upset that Rose hasn't been getting whistles. Rose was fined $25,000 in March 2012 after opening up about his frustration regarding a perceived lack of foul calls.
    "I've gotta be the only superstar in the league that's going through what I'm going through right now," Rose said at the time. "But I can't say too much about it."
    After a practice that lasted over three hours Monday, Rose didn't want to get into a war of words with officials.
    "Like I said, I can't complain about it," Rose said. "All I can do is continue to drive. I guess I'm not getting fouled or I guess they've just got to get used to me. I understand I'm creating some contact, but I'm just trying to play through it."
    Rose acknowledged that he continues to keep an open dialogue with officials during games. He sounds confident that his game, and the whistles, will turn in his favor soon.
    "Really that I think I'm getting hit and that's all I can say to them," he said of his conversations with officials during games. "But that can't stop me from driving or taking the shots that I'm taking."
    Rose and the Bulls face the Indiana Pacers on Wednesday night.
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...espnapi_public

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

For those who say people aren't noticing the Pacers are off to a great start, I agree with Heisenberg that this isn't true. I live two hours north of Indy and I'm hearing a lot of people talk about them. I think this will pick up as the season progresses as we'll too.

As as far as the original topic, I am really hoping for a sellout and predicting a fair amount of red, but not a ton. I think it'll be like the Pacers/Bulls game on March 3 last year.

Sheesh. How about "continue to drive and try to MAKE THE SHOT"?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Um okay, TV ratings are still low, attendance is still considered low for have the best team in the league. If Central Indiana sports fans can't get excited about a team that has been up and down and all across the media predicted to be one of the top teams in the league, even the eventual champions.....cause the Colts or Hoosiers are playing.... yeah great fanbase.

Sure they might know they are 4-0, but that doesn't mean they care enough to watch them on TV or attend the game on a Wednesday Night.
    I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Fieldhouse has greater than 70% pacer fans tonight.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Um okay, TV ratings are still low, attendance is still considered low for have the best team in the league. If Central Indiana sports fans can't get excited about a team that has been up and down and all across the media predicted to be one of the top teams in the league, even the eventual champions.....cause the Colts or Hoosiers are playing.... yeah great fanbase.

Sure they might know they are 4-0, but that doesn't mean they care enough to watch them on TV or attend the game on a Wednesday Night.
    I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Fieldhouse has greater than 70% pacer fans tonight.
    Tix and ratings are both at double digit growth so far. I don't know why you're looking for a reason to denigrate the fanbase. Full of frontrunners or not, it's back. ****, enjoy it. I can wear Pacers gear now and it strikes up a positive conversation with strangers instead of idiots asking about Artest 3 years after shipping him to the west coast. Being a Pacers fan is fun again, stop looking for reasons to be upset!

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

We've had a total of two home games that averaged out to 17,203 per game. + a thousand on Heisenberg's post!!
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

28. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    We've had a total of two home games that averaged out to 17,203 per game. + a thousand on Heisenberg's post!!
    Which is a 95% attendance rating, if it's easier to look at it that way.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Even around 70% would be fine with me, considering most northern Indiana Bulls fans jump on Pacers/Bulls tickets as soon as single seats go on sale (and sometimes even when packages go on sale) which was before the buzz became reality for casual Pacers fans.

It's like anything else - except for the foundation of idiots like my wife and I who go to every single game, people have 41 games to choose from where specific fans of other teams who live or travel here have only one or two. There will always be a concentration of fans from the other team at a game, smaller for teams far away and unloved, larger for teams closer and hyped. This is especially the case for close teams where tickets in the Fieldhouse are a fraction of the cost for tickets at home. The only solution is to raise ticket prices to match United Center, which is a bit counterproductive considering the complaining about ticket prices.
    BillS

I had a customer in my bar last night explain that last years playoffs really got him watching the Pacers again. I never thought this meant I had a great chance to criticize him because he hadn't met the loyalty criteria necessary to root for a winning team. I simply thought, "sweet" everyones watching the Pacers again. woohoo.

This is fun. Let's enjoy it while it lasts.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    There will always be a concentration of fans from the other team at a game, smaller for teams far away and unloved, larger for teams closer and hyped. prices.
    Absolutely.... same thing happens when Colts fans invade Cincy for a Colts/Bengals game.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anyone who lives anywhere near Indy should be able to tell that Pacer pride has exploded the last couple of seasons. It's just obvious. The New York series last year will be seen as the turning point. Beating a hyped team form a mega market was huge, plus we were able to play on all of the 90's Hicks-Knicks memories. Pacer pride isn't going anywhere and the fans will be here all season.

That being said, I'm sure that some people on here will freak out if we have 15,500 in attendance for a January Tuesday night game against Milwaukee.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Heres my two cents, you have a fanbase that does have to commute to the games. Well then they need to do something about the outrageous fees buying online. People can't be expected to drive into the city twice. Once to buy tix and another time to attend the game. $11.40 for processing fees? BS. Or do they now charge the same fee at the box office. I have only ever bought online?

Nearly 23 dollars in extra fees just to ensure that I can drive up to Indy and know that I have somewhat bad seats. On top of the 70 bucks for the tix. 10 or so in gas, as well as say 5 for parking. Gonna have to eat since I live so far away.

So thats 120 dollars or so for 2 people to see a regular season game, with sorta bad seats.

Not saying removing the BS fees would make it significantly better, but it would get it under that 3 digit threshold at least.