View Poll Results: Tonight's Player of the Game goes to...

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul George

    107 97.27%
  • Roy Hibbert

    2 1.82%
  • Lance Stephenson

    0 0%
  • Someone else

    1 0.91%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 184

Thread: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

  1. #101
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The game being at 7 o' clock Chicago time on a Wednesday should help.
    No the game starts at 6:00 Chicago time.

    I don't say this lightly, or often. I tend to be worried about the next game whatever that is. And I will also say that things can go bad in a hurry for a number of reasons.

    But what I am leading up to is this - Pacers team is damn good. I've been closely followng the Pacers and the NBA for almost 35 years and this is a really good team. Enjoy every minute of it, because things can change in a hurry, but we have something special.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 11-06-2013 at 08:32 AM.

  2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  3. #102
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,079
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    I think the Pistons could be a second round team in a year or two. Especially if they get rid of Stuckey (Spurs?) and KCP develops. I think they could be a better version of the Hawks with Johnson. But they are missing something and not just shooting. They are missing that player that can take over. Jamal Crawford would be a good fit here if the Clips are dumping him to prevent LT.

  4. #103

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No the game starts at 6:00 Chicago time.

    I don't say this lightly, or often. I tend to be worried about the next game whatever that is. And I will also say that things can go bad in a hurry for a number of reasons.

    But what I am leading up to is this - Pacers team is damn good. I've been closely followng the Pacers and the NBA for almost 35 years and this is a really good team. Enjoy every minute of it, because things can change in a hurry, but we have something special.
    What strikes me is that they can basically take a quarter off (arguably more in some of these games) and win. And not only win, but when they put together a craptastic quarter-plus, you're really not even that concerned, because you know they can impose their will at both ends when pressed into it.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  6. #104
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,654

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great win...and I love what the Starters did....but I think that the Starters....especially West, Lance PG24 played too many minutes. West ( as vnzla81 would point out ) seemed to be "up and down" all game. I'd like to see Scola get more burn when West's game seems to be off.

    I'd like to see more of OJ and Solo...heck even Copeland getting some minutes.

    But I really want to get the 2nd unit more minutes to build some chemistry, familiarity and confidence in their game. We can't run West 33mpg, PG24 40 mpg and Lance 38 mpg.....they will get burnt out by the end of the season.
    But... Vogel does have to do what he believes is necessary to win the game. Do you play Scola because he is giving you offensive production that West isn't, or do you play/keep playing West because he can defensively help stop the Piston's run?

    These are things that Vogel will continue to figure out as the season continues. Hopefully, Scola will begin to work better as a defender with a benefit from our system. And, West will provide better offensive firepower when we need it. Then, perhaps Scola and West can truly be used interchangeably.

    So far though, I'll just give the benefit of the doubt to Vogel and say he is 1-0 in determining which player to play when in a game that ended up being closer than it should have been.

  7. #105
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What strikes me is that they can basically take a quarter off (arguably more in some of these games) and win. And not only win, but when they put together a craptastic quarter-plus, you're really not even that concerned, because you know they can impose their will at both ends when pressed into it.
    The ability to lock down defensively is special and Paul George is a special player that in my lifetime I have not seen in a Pacers uniform

  8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  9. #106
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,602

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Paul George is starting to get that superstar swagger that guys like Lebron and Durant have. The guy has complete confidence in his abilities right now, and there is nothing he can't do. Every time he shoots a j, every time he takes it to the rack, every time he passes to a teammate.....you can just see the swag budding off of him. His jump shot is absolutely beautiful right now. He will literally be unstoppable if he can keep shooting like that. This guy must have worked his a** off this summer. He is picking up right where he left off in the Miami series. At this point, it's becoming pretty obvious that this guy has the potential to easily average in the mid-20's PPG. His shooting was his biggest weakness last year, but right now he has a 52.9 FG%, 45.2 three %, and 66.7 TS% (see, I do give that stat validity). This dude really has no weakness and at this point can easily be considered the most talented Pacer in their NBA history. His respect amongst the national media grow everyday. Even that clown Skip Bayless, who often tried to write us off last year, tweeted last night that Paul was making an early case for MVP.

    It would certainly be nice if Roy's offense could look like it did against New York and Miami, but that's just the icing on the cake as far as he concerned. As long as Roy plays excellent interior defense, rebounds, and blocks shots while altering many others, then he is worth every single penny. With the Paul-Roy duo and excellent supporting cast, we really are a candidate to win around 60 games. This team just has that swagger that they're going to kick your a** every single night. I love it.

    That CJ Watson signing is looking great. Very solid player. Lance seemed a bit off early on, but got it together and hit a couple of big shots. 6 rebounds and 7 assists for Born Ready. He continues to have increasing ball handling duties and is doing very well at it.

    I just hope to God that we beat the Bulls tonight. Would love to embarrass them on national TV with their obnoxious fans in the house.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  11. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    there has never been such a thing
    I disagree, Paul George haters are dying but that doesn't mean that they were never there.

  12. #108
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    An Ugly win, but a win nonetheless.

    Gotta practice FTs for sure.
    If they had just shot 75% from the line, this game would've never been close. They still turned the ball over too much but you have to love the way Paul George and Roy Hibbert are playing. Both of them have been dominating on defense, especially in the second half of these games. The adjustments Vogel and/or Burke are making at half-time have been nearly perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  13. #109
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,018

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy was credited with 7 blocks last night. That's craziness... he's averaging over 5 blocks a game through the first four games. How long can he keep this up?

    EDIT: And oh by the way... Paul George is the 2nd-leading scorer in the NBA.
    I want to know what the record is for blocks. I think Hibbert is going to break it this year. Hibbert isn't making a bunch of super athletic type of blocks that you don't consistently get, his blocks are coming on normal plays. So unless teams just stop posting up Roy or stop driving to the basket I don't think we are going to see much if any decline.

  14. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Roy's currently at 5.3 bpg, which would rank second all-time, behind Utah's Mark Eaton's 5.6 bpg during the 84-85 season.

    NBA Single Season Records for Blocks Per Game | Basketball-Reference.com

    1. Mark Eaton 5.56 1984-85 UTA
    2. Manute Bol 4.96 1985-86 WSB
    3. Elmore Smith 4.85 1973-74 LAL
    4. Mark Eaton 4.61 1985-86 UTA
    5. Hakeem Olajuwon 4.59 1989-90 HOU
    6. Dikembe Mutombo 4.49 1995-96 DEN
    7. David Robinson 4.49 1991-92 SAS
    8. Hakeem Olajuwon 4.34 1991-92 HOU
    9. Manute Bol 4.31 1988-89 GSW
    10. Tree Rollins 4.29 1982-83 ATL
    11. Mark Eaton 4.28 1983-84 UTA
    12. Hakeem Olajuwon 4.17 1992-93 HOU
    13. K. Abdul-Jabbar 4.12 1975-76 LAL
    14. Dikembe Mutombo 4.10 1993-94 DEN
    15. Mark Eaton 4.06 1986-87 UTA
    16. Patrick Ewing 3.99 1989-90 NYK
    17. K. Abdul-Jabbar 3.95 1978-79 LAL
    18. Hakeem Olajuwon 3.95 1990-91 HOU
    19. Dikembe Mutombo 3.91 1994-95 DEN
    20. Alonzo Mourning 3.91 1998-99 MIA

  15. #111
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,856

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    I have been watching the NBA for a long time (not as long as UB) but long enough to be amazed this has not been brought up. In the NBA some nights its not about talent its about desire. One of the reasons Michael Jordan was so good is that he wanted it and wanted it bad. Last night the Pistons wanted it bad, they really wanted this game and the Pacers still won. I don't think I can make the point well enough but I can not recall a game in the regular season where the team who wanted it as bad as the Pistons did last night did not win.

    The Pacers were able to just turn it on whenever they needed to in order to finish them off, that's amazing and the kind of think you saw from MJ's bulls, the Bird Celtics and the Magic led Lakers.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:


  17. #112
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers_heath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's clear at this point that paul george probably will never be any more than a trevor ariza type player
    Or Tayshaun Prince 2.0

    I had my worries back in the day.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  19. #113

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm excited too, but tonight against Chicago will really give us a much better gauge. It will be the first established winner from recent years that we have faced.
    I would argue that Detroit had look significantly better than Chicago so far

  20. #114
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,080

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy's currently at 5.3 bpg, which would rank second all-time, behind Utah's Mark Eaton's 5.6 bpg during the 84-85 season.

    NBA Single Season Records for Blocks Per Game | Basketball-Reference.com

    1. Mark Eaton 5.56 1984-85 UTA
    2. Manute Bol 4.96 1985-86 WSB
    3. Elmore Smith 4.85 1973-74 LAL
    4. Mark Eaton 4.61 1985-86 UTA
    5. Hakeem Olajuwon 4.59 1989-90 HOU
    6. Dikembe Mutombo 4.49 1995-96 DEN
    7. David Robinson 4.49 1991-92 SAS
    8. Hakeem Olajuwon 4.34 1991-92 HOU
    9. Manute Bol 4.31 1988-89 GSW
    10. Tree Rollins 4.29 1982-83 ATL
    11. Mark Eaton 4.28 1983-84 UTA
    12. Hakeem Olajuwon 4.17 1992-93 HOU
    13. K. Abdul-Jabbar 4.12 1975-76 LAL
    14. Dikembe Mutombo 4.10 1993-94 DEN
    15. Mark Eaton 4.06 1986-87 UTA
    16. Patrick Ewing 3.99 1989-90 NYK
    17. K. Abdul-Jabbar 3.95 1978-79 LAL
    18. Hakeem Olajuwon 3.95 1990-91 HOU
    19. Dikembe Mutombo 3.91 1994-95 DEN
    20. Alonzo Mourning 3.91 1998-99 MIA
    I loved that early Utah team with Mark Eaton (and coach Layden).
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  21. #115
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,602

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would argue that Detroit had look significantly better than Chicago so far

    True, but I think that Chicago has a way higher ceiling than Detroit on any given night.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  23. #116
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,080

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Two PG plays last night really got me fired up.

    1. The sideline steal and pass to a teammate while diving to the ground.

    2. The fast break no look pass to C.J. Watson.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  25. #117
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,602

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    It was nice to see Solo hit that three. Should help his confidence.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  27. #118
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These are things that Vogel will continue to figure out as the season continues. Hopefully, Scola will begin to work better as a defender with a benefit from our system.
    Begin? Scola's defense has already improved by leaps and bounds. I think he's adjusting to the system well.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  28. #119

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True, but I think that Chicago has a way higher ceiling than Detroit on any given night.
    Once/If Rose knocks the rust off, then yes. But honestly I think thats going to be awhile. *Knock on wood*

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  30. #120
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have been watching the NBA for a long time (not as long as UB) but long enough to be amazed this has not been brought up. In the NBA some nights its not about talent its about desire. One of the reasons Michael Jordan was so good is that he wanted it and wanted it bad. Last night the Pistons wanted it bad, they really wanted this game and the Pacers still won. I don't think I can make the point well enough but I can not recall a game in the regular season where the team who wanted it as bad as the Pistons did last night did not win.

    The Pacers were able to just turn it on whenever they needed to in order to finish them off, that's amazing and the kind of think you saw from MJ's bulls, the Bird Celtics and the Magic led Lakers.
    I watched the Pistons feed last night (their announcers are very good, BTW) and they specifically mentioned in the fourth quarter when the Pacers went up by 19, that the Pacers have another gear that they are able to shift into when the fourth quarter rolls around. They didn't specifically say it but that "gear" is the Pacers lock down man-to-man defense or as the MJ lead Bulls team used to call it, "Unleashing the dobermans".

    Another thing that the Pistons commentators kept pointing out is that the Pistons players were doing a ton of talking to the Pacers players and that it was getting "chippy" during that 3rd quarter. The Pacers shut them up with their play and mental toughness.

    You could hear Vogel yelling, "no foul" and "stay down", during the fourth-quarter. It's been a joy watching this team play and seeing them respond to the coaching staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  32. #121
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would certainly be nice if Roy's offense could look like it did against New York and Miami
    I'm loving the Paul George explosion, but I would like to see more touches for Roy and West. I want to see teams that play against us get punished on the inside.

    Long term, I still think our best path forward with this group is to have a more balanced attack. But it's hard to argue with PG hitting the percentage that he is.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  34. #122
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched the Pistons feed last night (their announcers are very good, BTW) and they specifically mentioned in the fourth quarter when the Pacers went up by 19, that the Pacers have another gear that they are able to shift into when the fourth quarter rolls around. They didn't specifically say it but that "gear" is the Pacers lock down man-to-man defense or as the MJ lead Bulls team used to call it, "Unleashing the dobermans".

    Another thing that the Pistons commentators kept pointing out is that the Pistons players were doing a ton of talking to the Pacers players and that it was getting "chippy" during that 3rd quarter. The Pacers shut them up with their play and mental toughness.
    That is what playoff success does for a team.

    Or as Billups says
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ing-stick-loss


    How good are the Pacers, who at 4-0 now are off to their best start in a decade?
    “Very good,” said Billups, who certainly would know. “I really believe they’re one of the elite teams in the NBA. They’ve got a lot of good talent, good size. They’ve got some shooters, some stars like Paul (George.) They play defense. They’re a good team. A very good team.”


    That’s just knowing each other, fighting some wars together,” Billups said of the Pacers’ resilience. “They’ve been through some tough losses and some tough series and lost and realized how big all these games are. That’s all a product of that. And you can’t get that without going through it.”


  35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  36. #123
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    I don't like Vogel's gameplan of having the second unit run. I don't see a good open court player out there to do it. Their best player is clearly Scola, and I don't think they're involving him enough, which is extremely hard to do when you're trying to run so much.

    If the bench can play okay defense, and they can score, the Pacers will be a really scary team.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  38. #124
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    Posts
    525

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    People questioning Solo's minutes, Frank has always played four wings in the first half and three in the second half. Two years ago it was Lance, until the Barbosa trade. Last year it was OJ. Until Danny comes back, Solo is our fourth wing. When Danny comes back, expect OJ to only get about 7-8 minutes in the first half.

  39. #125
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,298

    Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't like Vogel's gameplan of having the second unit run. I don't see a good open court player out there to do it. Their best player is clearly Scola, and I don't think they're involving him enough, which is extremely hard to do when you're trying to run so much.

    If the bench can play okay defense, and they can score, the Pacers will be a really scary team.
    He needs to do what he did last year and have 2 starters out there at all times.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •