View Poll Results: Tonight's Player of the Game goes to...

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul George

107 97.27%
  • Roy Hibbert

2 1.82%
  • Lance Stephenson

0 0%
  • Someone else

1 0.91%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

Banned

Default Re: Pacers/Pistons Postgame Thread 11/5/13

One thing I want to see happening is that Vogel needs to call more plays for Scola, I'm not sure why they keep ignoring him, they rather post up Mahinmi than Scola we have a weapon that we are not really using.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The ability to lock down defensively is special and Paul George is a special player that in my lifetime I have not seen in a Pacers uniform
    If he keeps this up I will be willing to use the S word when talking about PG. I would love to see PG go off on the Bulls and we can get the MVP chant going. Made me ill listening to the Bull fans chant that at Pacer home game for Rose. Every time he touched the ball.
    Last edited by owl; 11-06-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

damn this kid is so good

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    damn this kid is so good
    It's just obscene.

FWIW, this team reminds me of the 2003 era Piston's teams. Not the individual players, but the team as a whole. Both of them just grind away, rebound and defend, uneven offense, until suddenly, they make a couple of shots and suddenly it is a 20 pt game.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

I think Watson has fit in seemlessly into our team. Not suggesting he's great, but it just seems his style of play and his temperament have fit in perfectly. Maybe that is just the fact that he's a veteran who has played on good teams. Plus he seems to know what he is, what he is good at, and what he is capable of and doesn't try to be something he is not.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 11-06-2013 at 10:57 AM.

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Its crazy how much better PG has gotten since the Atlanta series last year. I would say that him and Josh Smith mostly played each other even in that series, with PG having a slight edge. Tonight? PG made JSmoove look laughable, on both ends of the floor. The Heat series really changed PG.

Gotta laugh at this poll, I think that this is the first time Pacers Digest has agreed on anything in years. Boo to the two voters who had to be different!

Anyone got a clip of that Roy block on Drummond's hook shot? That was just nasty.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.ThunderMakeR For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    FWIW, this team reminds me of the 2003 era Piston's teams. Not the individual players, but the team as a whole. Both of them just grind away, rebound and defend, uneven offense, until suddenly, they make a couple of shots and suddenly it is a 20 pt game.

The last couple of years reminded me of the old Pistons teams. But if PG keeps this play up all season, they will be different than the Pistons because the Pistons never had a superstar player like that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I think Watson has fit in seemlessly into our team. Not suggesting he's great, but it just seems his style of play sand his temperament has fit in perfectly. maybe that is just the fact that he's a veteran who has played on good teams. Plus he seems to know what he is, what he is good at, and what he is capable of.
    I don't know if I have mentioned this before but I wanted Watson 2 years ago, thank you Larry Bird

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    I think the Pistons are going about it the wrong way (building there team that is). Its clear they seen the writing on the wall and went out and got long athletic players, and they are trying to get a power post game like the Pacers, but they got a bunch of guys who are just nothing but gunners. Stuckey played there for 6 years and was nothing but a gunner, Jennings is a gunner too. Smith is a chucker. They got a bunch of high usage gunners who do not compliment low post players.
    They should've just kept Brandon Knight and Calderon. At least they could shoot from three and BKnight is younger, cheaper, and making good progress too.

Why can't Josh Smith focus on being more like LaMarcus Aldridge and less like a poor-man's Antoine Walker? Those fadeaway 3-pointers are terrible and most of the time results in empty possessions.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    They should've just kept Brandon Knight and Calderon. At least they could shoot from three and BKnight is younger, cheaper, and making good progress too.

Why can't Josh Smith focus on being more like LaMarcus Aldridge and less like a poor-man's Antoine Walker? Those fadeaway 3-pointers are terrible and most of the time results in empty possessions.
    Detroit is gonna have to move one of their big guys and move Josh Smith to the PF position, they need a do it all player and don't have anybody like that in the starting unit, Gordon Hayward could be nice there.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    KCP isn't playing because he's a rookie. That's really the only reason given. Mo Cheeks has a 4-guard rule in his rotation, and he said KCP has to wait his turn.

I'd echo that my dream trade is for a 3/D SG like afflalo or Brandon rush (if he's healthy). I think we have better shooters than people realize, but we could use one more.

Luigi datome is really, really good. He had a foot problem that caused him to miss the last month, so tonight was his first real nba action of any kind. He's a fantastic shooter with great range. He just couldn't get one to fall tonight.
    I don't want it to happen.....but a Stuckey for Afflalo+some prospect ( or draft pick ) might work.

But I'd think that you wouldnt want a Guard to be added that would get in the way of KCP in the rotation.
    Last edited by CableKC; 11-06-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

PG mid range game is has improved so much, not necessarily the shooting % but knowing when or where to take the shots. Reminded me a lot of Kobe in the mid range last night

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    Anyone got a clip of that Roy block on Drummond's hook shot? That was just nasty.
    Roy has 21 blocks in his first four games of the season. I'd love to see a highlight reel just of his blocks.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Where has Peck been during all of this? No odd thoughts
    We're 7-0 (including the preseason) since the last game Peck posted a thread with odd thoughts or observations. Just sayin'...
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    He needs to do what he did last year and have 2 starters out there at all times.
    It's easier if you have Danny Granger and George Hill.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Not sure if we can make any conclusions 4 games into the season, but here are at least some observations:

paul is a stud. those sporadic awesome plays George would drop every once in a while are now happening multiple times throughout a game. He is realizing his potential and it is a cool feeling to witness. Don't see a ceiling in sight. I always knew it was possible, but wasn't sure if he'd put the amount of work necessary to get there. Clearly he has.

lance is a lion.

So this is what it feels like to be a good team and get ALL the fouls. It is like getting a mushroom in Super Mario.

Tomorrow I might be saying something else, but I am glad Vogel kept PG in almost the whole 2nd half.

Hibbert always falls on the floor and it always bothers me because he is so big and nothing good can happen after repeatedly falling on a hardwood floor. He literally falls down on the floor 8 times a game, I have never noticed it with any

OHHHshit.I was writing this thoughout the game and somehow a 19 point leand turned into 7. in about 2 seconds.

Mood

I'm still somewhat in disbelief that Paul George is becoming a superstar. I'm trying to tell myself to give it more time before I'm convinced, but right now it's looking VERY good.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    We're 7-0 (including the preseason) since the last game Peck posted a thread with odd thoughts or observations. Just sayin'...
    And 7-0 without Granger

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Detroit is gonna have to move one of their big guys and move Josh Smith to the PF position, they need a do it all player and don't have anybody like that in the starting unit, Gordon Hayward could be nice there.
    4 games in....blow it up!

Sheesh.

I do not want Josh Smith starting at the 4. Offensively he's better there, but not defensively.

And Gordon Hayward is not the answer to anybody's problems.

If the other shooters make shots, it doesn't matter what Josh Smith shoots from the field. Everyone focuses on the negative with him. It's ridiculous.

Of course Josh needs to reel himself in a bit, but he's a hell of an asset in every other area of the game.

Once this team starts getting better chemistry (it's going to take a long time given the lack of shooting), the ceiling is extremely high because of the size and athleticism of the frontline.

I'll re-evaluate the Smith/Monroe/Drummond trio in a few months, and again after 82 games. To judge it this early in the season is just stupid.
    Last edited by Kstat; 11-06-2013 at 12:49 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Banned

4 games in....blow it up!

Sheesh.

I do not want Josh Smith starting at the 4. Offensively he's better there, but not defensively.

And Gordon Hayward is not the answer to anybody's problems.

If the other shooters make shots, it doesn't matter what Josh Smith shoots from the field. Everyone focuses on the negative with him. It's ridiculous.

Of course Josh needs to reel himself in a bit, but he's a hell of an asset in every other area of the game.

Once this team starts getting better chemistry (it's going to take a long time given the lack of shooting), the ceiling is extremely high because of the size and athleticism of the frontline.

I'll re-evaluate the Smith/Monroe/Drummond trio in a few months, and again after 82 games. To judge it this early in the season is just stupid.
    Hey I'm just giving my 2 cents, damn somebody is sensitive today

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just saying, that was the first game this starting 5 has every played together. It's a tad early to be casting final judgement.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Hey I'm just giving my 2 cents, damn somebody is sensitive today
    He's always like that. Ask him about Josh Smith shutting down Paul George. He will basically tell you that you don't watch basketball

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    All the people criticizing the Pistons need to remember something. THEY'RE PLAYING THE PACERS!!! That's why they don't look good. And the Pacers didn't have 2 of their best 6 players.

60 wins is the Pacers floor. They'll cruise to that.

Pistons play the Thunder next on Friday, and they don't have anyone as good as Paul George. Should be a relief.

*reads this post*

*realizes shags is serious and I respect his opinion*

*faints*

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned

Just saying, that was the first game this starting 5 has every played together. It's a tad early to be casting final judgement.
    OK I guess I'm not going to comment on anything because is always too soon

Can Lebron win another ring? nope I can't answer that too soon, can Lebron be an all star? nope too soon to answer that too.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 11-06-2013 at 01:19 PM.