Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Last team standing.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,225

    Default Last team standing.

    It seems worth pointing out that after last nights games the Pacers are the last remaining undefeated team. Let's hope we're the last team standing at the end of the playoffs as well. No jinxing intended.

    Eastern Conference
    EASTERN W L PCT GB HOME ROAD DIV CONF PF PA DIFF STRK L10
    1 Indiana 3 0 1.000 - 2-0 1-0 1-0 2-0 93.7 83.7 +10.0 Won 3 3-0
    2 Philadelphia 3 1 .750 2-1 1-0 0-0 3-0 105.0 106.5 -1.5 Lost 1 3-1
    3 Detroit 2 1 .667 1 2-0 0-1 0-0 2-0 102.7 96.7 +6.0 Won 1 2-1
    4 Miami 2 2 .500 1 2-0 0-2 1-0 2-2 105.0 100.8 +4.3 Won 1 2-2
    5 Toronto 2 1 .667 1 1-0 1-1 1-0 2-1 95.0 93.0 +2.0 Won 1 2-1
    6 Orlando 2 2 .500 1 2-0 0-2 0-0 1-1 104.8 98.3 +6.5 Won 2 2-2
    7 Cleveland 2 2 .500 1 2-0 0-2 0-1 1-2 87.3 91.3 -4.0 Won 1 2-2
    8 Chicago 1 2 .333 2 1-0 0-2 0-0 1-2 93.7 98.3 -4.7 Lost 1 1-2
    New York 1 2 .333 2 1-1 0-1 0-0 1-1 90.3 91.3 -1.0 Lost 2 1-2
    Atlanta 1 2 .333 2 1-0 0-2 0-0 1-0 104.7 106.0 -1.3 Lost 1 1-2
    Charlotte 1 2 .333 2 1-0 0-2 0-0 1-0 85.7 95.0 -9.3 Lost 1 1-2
    Brooklyn 1 2 .333 2 1-0 0-2 0-0 1-2 93.7 101.7 -8.0 Lost 1 1-2
    Milwaukee 1 2 .333 2 0-1 1-1 0-0 1-2 92.7 95.0 -2.3 Lost 1 1-2
    Washington 0 3 .000 3 0-1 0-2 0-1 0-3 99.0 108.3 -9.3 Lost 3 0-3
    Boston 0 4 .000 3 0-1 0-3 0-1 0-3 87.5 95.0 -7.5 Lost 4 0-4
    Western Conference
    WESTERN W L PCT GB HOME ROAD DIV CONF PF PA DIFF STRK L10
    1 LA Clippers 3 1 .750 - 2-0 1-1 2-1 3-1 119.0 112.5 +6.5 Won 3 3-1
    2 Minnesota 3 1 .750 - 2-0 1-1 1-0 1-0 105.3 97.3 +8.0 Lost 1 3-1
    3 Golden State 3 1 .750 - 2-0 1-1 2-1 2-1 112.0 99.3 +12.8 Won 2 3-1
    4 Houston 3 1 .750 - 2-0 1-1 1-0 2-1 107.8 104.5 +3.3 Lost 1 3-1
    5 Oklahoma City 2 1 .667 1-0 1-1 1-1 2-1 95.0 98.0 -3.0 Won 1 2-1
    6 Phoenix 2 1 .667 2-0 0-1 0-0 2-1 95.7 92.7 +3.0 Lost 1 2-1
    7 Portland 2 1 .667 1-0 1-1 1-0 2-1 106.3 102.3 +4.0 Won 2 2-1
    8 San Antonio 2 1 .667 1-0 1-1 1-0 2-1 99.0 98.0 +1.0 Lost 1 2-1
    Dallas 2 1 .667 2-0 0-1 1-1 1-1 111.3 107.0 +4.3 Won 1 2-1
    LA Lakers 2 2 .500 1 2-1 0-1 1-1 1-2 100.0 105.5 -5.5 Won 1 2-2
    Memphis 2 2 .500 1 2-0 0-2 0-2 0-2 99.8 102.0 -2.3 Won 1 2-2
    New Orleans 1 2 .333 1 1-1 0-1 0-0 0-0 95.0 96.3 -1.3 Won 1 1-2
    Sacramento 1 2 .333 1 1-1 0-1 0-2 1-2 92.7 98.7 -6.0 Lost 2 1-2
    Denver 0 2 .000 2 0-1 0-1 0-1 0-2 93.0 101.5 -8.5 Lost 2 0-2
    Utah 0 3 .000 2 0-2 0-1 0-1 0-3 91.7 97.3 -5.7 Lost 3 0-3

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  3. #2

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    That's a lot of parity for a league that was supposed to be very top-heavy with a lot of tanking teams this year.

  4. #3
    The Pac-Attack CompACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    387
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a lot of parity for a league that was supposed to be very top-heavy with a lot of tanking teams this year.
    I see your point, but it's way too early to say there's parity in the league (or anything for that matter). 3-4 games is a tiny sample size.
    Never half-a** two things. Whole-a** one thing.

  5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CompACE For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,920
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    Heck yeah! I just noticed that this morning!
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  7. #5
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    The Pacers are holding their opponents to 83 points per game!

    I know that average won't hold up for the entire season (the Pistons will be a good test) but man have they been wearing teams out with their suffocating defense in the second half of all their games. Mahinmi's improved defense and the fact that the bench hasn't been squandering leads really makes the Pacers a dangerous team.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  8. #6
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,186
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    Prepare yourselves. It is a long season. 3-0 is nothing.

    For instance we were 2-1 versus Toronto, Bobcats (loss), and a 2OT win over the Kings. After that we went 2-6 and many here were put on suicide watch. Lets not forget that we went 1-5 at the end last year. The season is full of peaks and valleys. Brace yourself.


  9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,539

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    The Pacers offensive rating is 19th in the league starting out. I'm not putting my hopes up. I think they'll get the offense going soon enough, but it looks awful starting out.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  11. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,667

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a lot of parity for a league that was supposed to be very top-heavy with a lot of tanking teams this year.
    I really don't think the first 7-8 games for each team mean much of anything. Teams are still figuring out their lineups and rotations, and all kinds of funky things happen each year.

  12. #9
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,449

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    That defense....
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  13. #10
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,834

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    Technically we're not the "last team standing" until we get our fourth win. We just had our 4th game scheduled later if we lose :P

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  15. #11

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    I just wish Copeland could come in and hit 5 three's game in 10 minutes of action. Then we could average more ppg than Philly!

  16. #12
    Member crunk-juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Purdue
    Posts
    1,292
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Technically we're not the "last team standing" until we get our fourth win. We just had our 4th game scheduled later if we lose :P
    well 'technically' we are. however you're right that it isn't meaningful until #4.


    crunk-juice, for all your semantics needs.

  17. #13
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    Might be time to start my Magic Number threads.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  19. #14
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,559

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    Not to be a debbie downer....but the 1st 3 Teams that we played....aren't exactly Near-Elite teams.

    I'm glad that we have won 3 games in a row.....but we clearly have played teams that are a few tiers below us in competition.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  20. #15
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,545

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    Here we come 73-9 baby!

  21. #16
    Member crunk-juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Purdue
    Posts
    1,292
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to be a debbie downer....but the 1st 3 Teams that we played....aren't exactly Near-Elite teams.

    I'm glad that we have won 3 games in a row.....but we clearly have played teams that are a few tiers below us in competition.

    no u shut up

  22. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to be a debbie downer....but the 1st 3 Teams that we played....aren't exactly Near-Elite teams.

    I'm glad that we have won 3 games in a row.....but we clearly have played teams that are a few tiers below us in competition.
    The three teams we've faced, absent the beatings we've given them, are 5-3.

  23. #18
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    Neat.... I guess the biggest thing I take from this is that I'm surprised every team besides the Pacers already has at least 1 loss. Seems like most seasons, there's a handful of teams who get 5-7-9 wins before their first loss. To be roughly 3 games into the season and every team but 1 has already lost 1 game seems unusual to me.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  25. #19
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,584
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    And the streak continues at 4 games!

  26. #20
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    I really think the Pacers will go 6-0 before losing their first game to Brooklyn.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  27. #21

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really think the Pacers will go 6-0 before losing their first game to Brooklyn.
    I really don't want to lose to Brooklyn. I don't like them. I'm not sure why but I just don't. I have a lot of respect for PP and KG, but I don't like team in general. I do agree with you that it could very well be our first loss, but I hope not.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:


  29. #22
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,545

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't want to lose to Brooklyn. I don't like them. I'm not sure why but I just don't. I have a lot of respect for PP and KG, but I don't like team in general. I do agree with you that it could very well be our first loss, but I hope not.
    Probably because they are just trying to buy a championship?

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

    J7F

  31. #23
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't want to lose to Brooklyn. I don't like them. I'm not sure why but I just don't. I have a lot of respect for PP and KG, but I don't like team in general. I do agree with you that it could very well be our first loss, but I hope not.
    It's not because I think they're a better team. It's more the 4th game in 5 nights on wrong side of a back-to-back that is probably working against them.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  32. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,225

    Default Re: Last team standing.

    5 and 0 with a day of rest before playing the Raptors. It does seem like there a few teams this good every year and to be the last team standing with 4 wins seems odd. I looked up best nba starts and came up with this:
    93-94 Rockets 15-0
    02-03 Mavs 14-0
    57-58 Celts 14-0
    96-97 Bulls 12-0
    82-83 Sonics 12-0
    90-91 Blazers 11-0
    64-65 Celtics 11-0
    97-98 Hawks 11-0
    97-98 Lakers 11-0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •