Thread: Denver Broncos select Jack Del Rio as interim coach

Default Denver Broncos select Jack Del Rio as interim coach

Lets be real Manning is in charge at least on offense Del Rio just takes care of Defense here...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...interim-coach/

Broncos going with Jack Del Rio as interim coach

Posted by Darin Gantt on November 4, 2013, 10:11 AM EST

Getty Images
    The Broncos have decided whos going to preside while John Fox gets well.

According to multiple reports, the Broncos are going to name defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio interim coach, while Fox recovers from a procedure to repair a heart valve defect.

Del Rio, who was also Foxs first defensive coordinator in Carolina, was head coach for nine years in Jacksonville, with a 68-71 record.

Hes probably learned something since then, and hopefully does not ask Peyton Manning to keep chopping wood during Foxs absence.

Default Re: Denver Broncos select Jack Del Rio as interim coach

Jack Del Rio made a lot of boneheaded decisions as a head coach before. It will be interesting to see if it happens again.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Good news for all other AFC teams. Del Rio is one of the worst coaches I've seen in the NFL.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He’s probably learned something since then, and hopefully does not ask Peyton Manning to keep chopping wood during Fox’s absence.
    That's funny.

Oh please guys they clearly picked Del Rio because his pride is broken still and Manning will be able to walk all over him. Manning will probably be running the D as well.

As bizarre as it is to see Manning and Del Rio as the coach/QB tandem now I don't think on the field it would change much at least on offense.

And their defense is already suspect so.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It was Manning's offense anyways so it doesn't change a bit. Del Rio will be making the calls on D and Peyton with the OC on offense. Pretty sure about that.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Good news for all other AFC teams. Del Rio is one of the worst coaches I've seen in the NFL.
    Every time I see him I flashback to 2005.

In sifting through the wreckage of the Jaguars' 26-18 loss to the Indianapolis Colts Sunday, two issues were put under the microscope Monday.

They were the inability of the coach Jack Del Rio and his players to keep their composure and the mistakes made by the defensive backs.

Del Rio and two defensive players got three penalties in a four-play stretch in the second quarter while the defensive backs were torched by Peyton Manning, who threw for 324 yards Sunday after being held to 122 yards in the first meeting on Sept. 18.

Rashean Mathis, the Jaguars' best cornerback, had problems covering Marvin Harrison, who had six catches for 137 yards, although Mathis didn't give up all six receptions.

Del Rio, who got a penalty for throwing a replay flag at an official and then yelling an obscenity at the official, addressed the issue in his opening remarks at his Monday news conference without being asked about it.
    "I'd just like to say this: Obviously it was a mistake on my part to draw a flag. I never want to have that happen and I don't expect that to ever happen again,'' he said.

The Jaguars were already trailing 14-3 when the officials ruled that Harrison made a 24-yard sideline catch on a third-and-19 play at the Colts' 44.

The play happened on the Jaguars sideline and it was a close call, but Del Rio thought Harrison went out of bounds before he had control.

Del Rio didn't explain why he was so irate at that particular call, but he's had a reputation for being fiery and emotional since his days at a player during his 11-year career. According to Stats, Inc., it was the first unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on an NFL coach this year.

If Harrison's catch hadn't been allowed, the Colts would have had to punt from their own 5. Not only was the challenge denied, but the 15-yard penalty moved the ball to the Colts' 44. After Edgerrin James ran 4 yards, Mike Peterson and John Henderson were called for unnecessary roughness penalties on the next two plays.

That moved the ball to the Jaguars' 3, but the Colts didn't score when a fake field goal try didn't work. They then forced the Jaguars to punt and made a field goal before halftime.
    http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/st...20548908.shtml

What an idiot.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    So was Jim Caldwell and we almost had the perfect season.

I don't think Del Rio is worse than him.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Del Rio is an average coach. Not the best, but nowhere near the worst in this or any other era.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post: