Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 94

Thread: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

  1. #26
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,057

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    c'mon. the only way Lance got in Lebron's head was Lebron saying "yo Dex, go commit felony assault on that idiot that doesn't know who he is when you get the chance." I like Lance, but let's stay grounded here, he's not about to intimidate the best basketball player in history.
    I"m not sure about "initimidate." I said he's in his head. Don't forget he and DWade's little tirade to the officials at halftime last year.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  3. #27

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Perhaps Herb would consider paying some tax if the Pacers have an impressive year this year? At some point championship teams have to go into the tax no?
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  4. #28

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    My guess is Larry has promised that they won't let him leave and will give him the money he wants, not because of a discount. I would be more worried if the Knicks or Brooklyn could afford him.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  6. #29
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,336

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think a player should ever be expected to leave money on the table or be talked **** about for taking the most he can get. But I really think Lance is a case where if we offer say 4/24 and he gets an offer for 4/30 elsewhere he'd stay. If it were 4/40 or something who could blame him for taking it, but I get the sense he really genuinely appreciates what the franchise has done for him and if it's a "negligible" he'd take a lesser offer
    Maybe you need to adjust your numbers for your argument.

    I can possibly agree with what you are saying if the Pacers were offering a 4 year / $24 mil contract and some other Team was offering a 4 year / $26 mil contract ( a difference of leaving $2 mil on the table ).....but if the offer was the same # of years but a difference of $6 mil....I can see arguments that Lance wouldn't leave $6 mil on the table and reluctantly bolt.
    Last edited by CableKC; 11-03-2013 at 10:36 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  8. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Lance doing damage last night.


  9. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Against Orlando


  10. #32
    bro-hahn kroyff Brohan Cruyff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    26
    Posts
    170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    that shouldn't be a sarcastic statement.
    Maybe basketball, but he's not better than Lionel Messi.
    "And Tottenham do not know what hit them...well I can tell you, it's Theo Walcott!"

    "And it's Tony Adams put through by Steve Bould, WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?! That...sums it all up."

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brohan Cruyff For This Useful Post:


  12. #33
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,411

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    How much are we gonna have to pay him? After he makes the all-star team this year, his price will raise significantly. He will easily be more expensive than G Hill, and probably be worth close to Hibbert money
    David "And One" West

  13. #34
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,437

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    In that Orlando video, look at how Lance does a good job of getting West and Hibbert the ball in scoring position. He hit Scola for a nice J too. Also, look at 1:28 when West hits him for that layup while he's cutting. Him and West seem to have good chemistry.

    Outside of defense, rebounding, and improved scoring, these are the sorts of positive things that Lance offers to the starting unit. He's a great facilitator right now.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  15. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    @ScottAgness: Averaging 19ppg through 3 games, Stephenson said he isn't thinking about free agency. "I'm staying with the Pacers." http://t.co/X1ZUpAUv2d

  16. #36

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Lance will be a restricted FA, correct? Teams can go over the Cap to keep a RFA. They will most likely let Lance sign an offer(like Roy did) then match it. That may very well spell the end of the Granger Era as well as making us take a close look at every other contract we have. If!!! Lance continues to grow at the rate we seem to be seeing this year, we have a Durant, Westbrook duo on our hands!?

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:


  18. #37

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance will be a restricted FA, correct? Teams can go over the Cap to keep a RFA. They will most likely let Lance sign an offer(like Roy did) then match it. That may very well spell the end of the Granger Era as well as making us take a close look at every other contract we have. If!!! Lance continues to grow at the rate we seem to be seeing this year, we have a Durant, Westbrook duo on our hands!?
    Unrestricted because he got a 4 year contract. We do have Bird rights though.

    My guess is he would get $6m a year max, which we could match I believe. If not we'll just trade Copeland for a 2nd rounder and cash.

  19. #38
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,371

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Is there a max amount his is allowed to make because he was a 2nd rounder? I seem to remember Linn had some sort of contract ceiling that the knicks couldn't match and thats how Houston landed him.

    Many of you are speculating 6 million a year. But honestly he is already a better scorer than Hill. He is gonna get close to a 9-11 million per year contract. I'm not sure how the Pacers will be able to keep him. He is proving to be the 2nd best player on the team right now. Pacers might have to trade Hill on draft night. Which would really suck.... But who would you keep going forward? Hill or Lance? I don't see Hill really improving much beyond who his is. He will get wiser and smarter, but he isn't going to get much better. This team pretty much just needs a defender at the PG spot. Hill is a good defender, but one could be had at a much cheaper contract going forward. I hate to say that cause being an IUPUI Alum, I love George Hill
    Last edited by graphic-er; 11-03-2013 at 01:39 PM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  20. #39

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there a max amount his is allowed to make because he was a 2nd rounder? I seem to remember Linn had some sort of contract ceiling that the knicks couldn't match and thats how Houston landed him.

    Many of you are speculating 6 million a year. But honestly he is already a better scorer than Hill. He is gonna get close to a 9-11 million per year contract. I'm not sure how the Pacers will be able to keep him. He is proving to be the 2nd best player on the team right now. Pacers might have to trade Hill on draft night. Which would really suck.... But who would you keep going forward? Hill or Lance? I don't see Hill really improving much beyond who his is. He will get wiser and smarter, but he isn't going to get much better. This team pretty much just needs a defender at the PG spot. Hill is a good defender, but one could be had at a much cheaper contract going forward. I hate to say that cause being an IUPUI Alum, I love George Hill
    So you are theorizing a lineup of him Sloan/Stephenson/George/West/Hibbert?

  21. #40
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,371

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you are theorizing a lineup of him Sloan/Stephenson/George/West/Hibbert?
    I dunno, it could be Watson as the starter, he is a solid defender and can hit the spot up 3.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  22. #41

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much are we gonna have to pay him? After he makes the all-star team this year, his price will raise significantly. He will easily be more expensive than G Hill, and probably be worth close to Hibbert money
    Thus the issue with paying an average point guard $8mil per. Hill's horrid contract could cost us dearly, if not dealt.

  23. #42

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there a max amount his is allowed to make because he was a 2nd rounder? I seem to remember Linn had some sort of contract ceiling that the knicks couldn't match and thats how Houston landed him.
    The Linn/Asik situation doesn't apply here. In their case, the teams did not have Bird Rights to them. The Pacers do have Bird Rights.

    The Max amount of money Lance can earn is the same as every other 4th year player. 25% of the cap, Hibbert money, unless he qualifies under the Rose Rule for 30%. If Lance continues to shoot 65% from 3, he has a chance to make that kind of jack, but it is unlikely he qualifies otherwise.

  24. #43

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Unless Lance averages 20+, he will not get paid more than Monta Ellis did this offseason.

  25. #44

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thus the issue with paying an average point guard $8mil per. Hill's horrid contract could cost us dearly, if not dealt.
    Name a better PG not on his rookie contract who is paid less.

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  27. #45

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    I genuinely believe Lance want's to be a Pacer for life. He's just like JR in a sense that they are Loyal and they have a massive love for the game. JR left 10+ Million on the table to re-sign with NY so it's been reported. Of course money will be an issue, But If it were up to Lance he would figure out a way to stay in IND. But of course his family, Agent and friends will certainly have a say in this. Lance want's to be in IND, Because it represents what he has a accomplished. Ever since HS he was given a tittle of a chosen elite few. He was in the spotlight in one of the biggest cities in the world(NY). But yet he was a second round draft pick who came into IND, Believing still he was the best player on the court..
    The reality that nothing would be handed to him hadn't set in yet for him.
    If some of you remember earlier that year, He rubbed some veterans the wrong way, Danny, Foster and Mike IIRC. Then the DNP's started racking up, But he never once complained and cheered on. He never spoke negative on anyone and kept his image clean after an decedent with his pregnant GF. So after his rookie year he reconstructed himself, Staying to workout in INDIANA and staying away from friends in NY.. He's the definition of Blue collar.. Boy has Lance come a long way.


    By me ^^

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to picasso For This Useful Post:


  29. #46

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Name a better PG not on his rookie contract who is paid less.


    I an disgusted by those type of comments.. Look at Hills production from last year and compare to Mike Conley, Hill is better across the board
    minus Assist and Steals.. Hill is better at everything else and yet we have guys here, Who will do anything for Conley..

    SMH.


    By me ^^

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to picasso For This Useful Post:


  31. #47
    Member skyfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,558

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    If Lance continues at this pace then Danny is gone. Could see him getting 8-10mil easy. Maybe even more since he will be on the open market. Derozan got 4/10 as a contract extension for a similar level of play.

  32. #48

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Name a better PG not on his rookie contract who is paid less.
    I've gone through this before, but there are roughly 10-15 point/combo guards of similar or superior ability to Hill making less than $8mil per. And the fact you had to throw in "not on his rookie contract" proves my point. Players can come into this league and instantly make an impact as a point guard for 1/4 the price. It's the deepest position in the league for a reason.

    And what disgusts me more than anything, is the person who wants to come on here and use nothing but "stats" as opposed to basketball understanding as their argument. Every team in the league would take Conley over Hill as their starting point guard because he's superior in nearly every facet that the point guard position demands. He's arguably the top defensive point guard in the league, whereas Hill gets torched by any competent player opposite of him. Conley also sets up his teammates and places them in a position to score far better than Hill, who struggles to even make the entry pass into our big men, thus the reason we turned to George and Stephenson to feed the post. Conley is also the superior attacker of the rim and finisher. Hill might be a better midrange shooter, but when you are afraid to even attempt to shoot half the time, should that really be considered?

  33. #49
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,314

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And what disgusts me more than anything, is the person who wants to come on here and use nothing but "stats" as opposed to basketball understanding as their argument. Every team in the league would take Conley over Hill as their starting point guard because he's superior in nearly every facet that the point guard position demands. He's arguably the top defensive point guard in the league, whereas Hill gets torched by any competent player opposite of him. Conley also sets up his teammates and places them in a position to score far better than Hill, who struggles to even make the entry pass into our big men, thus the reason we turned to George and Stephenson to feed the post. Conley is also the superior attacker of the rim and finisher. Hill might be a better midrange shooter, but when you are afraid to even attempt to shoot half the time, should that really be considered?
    This whole paragraph is hilarious. Afraid to shoot? Can't make an entry pass? Whys he even in the league then! Your pension for hyperbole really makes it hard to believe you're capable of actual analysis.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:


  35. #50

    Default Re: "I'm staying with the Pacers."

    Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This whole paragraph is hilarious. Afraid to shoot? Can't make an entry pass? Whys he even in the league then! Your pension for hyperbole really makes it hard to believe you're capable of actual analysis.
    Hill doesn't struggle to make an entry pass or even handle the ball against pressure? Hill doesn't look to get the ball in George or Lance's hands the moment he crosses half court? Hill isn't constantly called out for lacking aggression as a shooter/scorer? Wonder if you even watch the Pacers play.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •