Thread: Peyton needs a Shrink

realtyczar

Default Peyton needs a Shrink

Before you think I'm crazy, no pun intended. I think that Peyton needs to seek professional help. Everyone, needs some one to talk to who can be objective. People have phobias. I have a fear of driving over bridges. I do it but it terrifies me! I always feel like the bridge, even if it's an over-pass is going to collapse. I deal with it. I try and look straight ahead, and I don't stop on a bridge.

I can't sleep with a closet door open. I can't do it. You would think that if there were something in the closet you would want to know about it. If there is something in there, the closed door will keep it there I guess.

Maybe Peyton needs to see someone about getting past the Patriots. I think if he did this once, get past the Patriots, then the stigma would be gone. I was hoping we would have beaten them in the first game. Maybe Peyton and Tony can get a group discount.

What do you guys think?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Peyton needs a Shrink

I think he needs a power running game so he can hand the ball off 25/30+ times per game and he really needs a better defense.

Losing 20-3 isn't "mental" or psychological; the Colts got run over by a more physical team.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes, I agree Jay. I don't think Peyton has a fear of the Pats. He needs a better team thats all. I hope this off season is interesting and we get some D!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by realtyczar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't sleep with a closet door open. I can't do it. You would think that if there were something in the closet you would want to know about it. If there is something in there, the closed door will keep it there I guess.

I used to think that if I had a leg out of the covers at night that I'd get stabbed. But if it was under, the blanket acted like a shield that the knife/gun couldn't penetrate.........

kinda like that?
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by btownpacer
    Tony Dungy forfieted the game before it ever started. I don't really put a significant amount of stock into the physical aspect of it simply because our management is so mentally weak that it carries over to the players. You brin gin a coach with attitude and this group of personel, you might be surprised what the difference is. Or just let the Patriots move to the NFC. Then it's clear sailing till the Super Bowl.
    Not quite...

You weren't going to win in Pittsburgh during January, either.

Its no surprise that the two defenses playing this weekend gave up a combined six points last weekend.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

RC, I do the exact same thing with closets...S86, I also thought that...

And I think others have already said it, but I'll say it again. Peyton isn't the reason the Colts lost to the Patriots. Teams lose football games 99% of the time, not individuals.

missi

I could never fall asleep unless I had my ear covered with a pillow or blanket. I saw a cartoon when I was 3 where a bug flew into someone's ear and went into his brain.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86
    I used to think that if I had a leg out of the covers at night that I'd get stabbed. But if it was under, the blanket acted like a shield that the knife/gun couldn't penetrate.........

kinda like that?
    I used to have something similar. If my legs were out from the covers, or I let my hand hang over the edge of the bed, something with claws was going to snatch it or I'd get bit or something.

realtyczar

Quote Originally Posted by Since86

kinda like that?
    We all have some kind of phobia of some kind. My ex-fiancee's friend is trying to have sex with everyone she meets. Not sure what phobia that is, but my point is/was, that maybe Peyton needs to see a shrink about not being able to beat the Pats. Even before the game, i thought that he should see a hypnotist. I now the ideas are "weird", but there are really stigmas in our life that that we have to slay. Sometime we need help.

Mood

I think that's a phobia of NOT being a whore.... I apologize if she's a friend of yours, but damn lol.

realtyczar

Quote Originally Posted by btownpacer
    I think his comment rated rather high on the sarcasm/bitterness meter, so I doubt your apology is needed..........

No need to appologize. You didn't say anything I haven't at least thought.

I could tell you stories that would make readers of Penthouse blush, about her. One of them involves me! (No I didn't.)

She was travelling down I-85 and a "Cute guy" passed her. She sped up and motioned for him to follow her. Long story short, they found a bar, had a few drinks and then she went out to his car and, "satisfied him".

Anyway, my point was phobias.