No PS3 games nor free online play is a deal breaker for me.
For those that have the PS4, I read an article that there are issues with Netflix cause they are routed through Sony's servers causing lag and wait times to load.
The entire draft. Love the picks of Turner, Young and trading for Christmas.
Signing Glen Robinson III
Trading for Budinger
Signing Monta Ellis
Signing Jordan Hill (not for the player, but for his deal)
Re-signing Stuckey and Allen
So who got the NBA2k14 patch? Did it fix the game invite issues?
Well since we beat Lego Marvel Superheroes my boy and I have pretty much abandoned the XBox one and have been playing a ton of FIFA for PS4. It's a lot of fun but man he hates to lose lol.
I probably won't have the extra $ to afford it until 2015, but if/when I do, is there any particular reason to get a PS4 is I already have an XB1? Growing up, I had stretches of owning both rivals (SNES and Genesis, N64 and PSX, XBOX and PS2), so I'd be open to doing so again. I suppose mainly it's just for exclusives, but any other reason?
Well, that's the main reason I got both is that I didn't want to miss out on exclusives for either system. I've not done much direct comparisons on games available for both systems. Xbox Live Gold means nothing to me because I don't purchase it and don't enjoy online gaming. In fact I've barely played anything online since I kicked my Team Fortress addiction 10 years ago. The voice control features on XB1 are nice though and I miss those when I switch over to the PS4.
I got one recently, not too excited about Knack or Killzone. Might check out Tomb Raider definitive edition. The streaming and spectating is pretty cool.
This and the Vita I got are AWESOME
Assassins creed is awesome on PS4 btw
Been playing NBA 2K like crazy, but I am just patiently, patiently, patiently waiting for The Show. I made the transition from Xbox 360 to PS4 and I'm happy with it so far.
Ahh the Show. The only league where the Cubs have a chance!
I love PlayStation, but I'm very disappointed with PS4 thus far. A recap of my issues...
1. My charge cord for my DS4 stopped working. I now charge with the same connection that charges my Galaxy (it works!)
2. Sometimes, the PS4 just boots with no sound. It's not the HDMI connection; it's the Sony.
3. The launch strategy was completely bungled. I'm endlessly entertained by FIFA and NBA 2k14 so it doesn't really matter, but it's dumb that it's February and those are still the only two titles which have interested me thus far. Sony just launched the console before developers were even close to ready, hence major delays for Watch Dogs and The Division.
4. Can't stream/play AV files on the PS4, yet anyway. Best thing about my PS3 was it operated as my media center. Could stream/download video files on there.
5. I've only had one issue of the console freezing so far, so I'm not too concerned because that will happen, but it did come after I hadn't saved for 2 hours, so I was consequentially pissed off about it. Good reminder to save all the time if auto-save is disabled, though (I usually disable auto-save in FIFA because the game has an annoying way of simming an absurd amount of red cards and catastrophic injuries).
6. New system update last night reminded me the unending list of system software updates is still a thing with Sony.
And now Thief debuts to entirely mediocre reviews. Sheesh. PS4 launch has been a disaster so far. Naughty Dog, save us!
Gotta disagree. Killzone is great. You have COD Ghosts for an online shooter. NBA2k14 is fantastic. Also there is Assassins Creed. I'm not sure how many games you expected this early on. Could there be more? Yeah. But I don't think its bad. The new Infamous: Second Son game will be out soon and looks quite fun.
People aren't gonna be dropping a ton of money on games right after spending $400 on a console. So there never were going to be a ton of launch titles. Same thing with Xbox One.
It's so strange. For the previous 360/PS3 generation, I played games on the XBox and used the PS3 for movies and streaming. I seriously bought only like 5 or 6 PS3 games and all of them were exclusives. So far in this generation, completely the opposite. I've switched to playing on the PS4 and using the XB1 as a media hub.