Thread: George Hill Questionable with a sore hip

Threaded View

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default George Hill Questionable with a sore hip

http://blogs.pacers.com/2013/11/01/h...sore-left-hip/

Pacers point guard George Hill didn’t practice on Friday and he’s listed as day-to-day for Saturday’s game against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Hill is dealing with a sore left hip, which he suffered in the team’s 95-90 win in New Orleans on Wednesday.

At one point late in the third quarter of that game, Hill went back to the locker room for evaluation. He then returned to the court, started the fourth quarter and managed through the injury to play the final 12 minutes. His 3-pointer as the shot-clock expired with 31.1 seconds left gave the Pacers a four-point lead and helped seal the win.

Is the injury troublesome enough to keep him out of just their third game of the year?

“I don’t think so,” head coach Frank Vogel replied and then repeated, “He does have a sore left hip and he’s day-to-day.”
    Hill said after practice that he’s simply taking it easy.

“It’s like my 16th year,” Hill joked. “Coach just said, ‘You’re a ’95 Mercedes right now. We have to save your miles.’ I have 300,000 miles on my car so it was in the shop today [for a] fuel check, oil check, things like that.”

If Hill plays, he’ll have to deal with another elite point guard in Kyrie Irving.

“In this situation, every night is a tough night for me,” he said. “With the point guards we have in this league, there’s no days off. The first night I had Jameer [Nelson]. Second night you go with Jrue Holiday and then the third night you got Kyrie Irving. All of them are tremendous.

“[They're] some of the premier point guards in the NBA but that’s what it is, that’s my job and just try to do the best I can to make it hard for them.”

Should Hill have to sit out, Vogel said C.J. Watson will start at point guard and on Irving.
    Hill seems to have a hip or shoulder injury every year. I'm worried about his durability but I'm less worried than I was last year when all we had was two inexperienced and limited players backing him up.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post: