Thread: Chiefs-Broncos get flexed onto Sunday Night Football November 17th

Default Chiefs-Broncos get flexed onto Sunday Night Football November 17th

Broncos are going to have back to back SNF games

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ight-football/

Chiefs-Broncos get flexed onto Sunday Night Football

Posted by Darin Gantt on November 1, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT

AP
    Going into the season, there were reasons to think the Chiefs would be better, namely because they could barely be worse than in 2012.

But now that they’re perfect, they’re suddenly a prime time draw.

The NFL announced the Week 11 Chiefs-Broncos game on Nov. 17 has been drawn as the first flex-scheduled game of the year, replacing Packers-Giants on Sunday Night Football.

At the moment, the 8-0 Chiefs and 7-1 Broncos are locked in a duel for the top of the AFC West, while the Giants have had to work to get back to 2-6.

But as much as a major market helps, the allure of Peyton Manning against a potential undefeated team was more than the league was willing to pass on.

The Packers-Giants game will move into the 4:25 p.m. spot on FOX, while Chargers-Dolphins will be played at 4:05 p.m. on CBS.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Chiefs-Broncos get flexed onto Sunday Night Football November 17th

I thought they did that only for the last couple of weeks depending on the teams standings etc.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

No Flex games start around this time of year.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, flex weeks start around the beginning of November when you begin to have a decent sense of who is good and who is not.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

They flexed the Giants game out of that spot. I know the Chiefs are undefeated, and it's Peyton Manning; but I'm still surprised a New York team got flexed out of prime time for Kansas City, even if the Giants are bad.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They flexed the Giants game out of that spot. I know the Chiefs are undefeated, and it's Peyton Manning; but I'm still surprised a New York team got flexed out of prime time for Kansas City, even if the Giants are bad.

Not only are they flexing a New York team, but they are also flexing the Green Bay Packers, one of the most famous organizations in sports. These are also two very recent Super Bowl champions. And as pathetic as their record is, the Giants still have a chance to win that miserable division.

That being said, Peyton Manning is having a historic season and the Chiefs are undefeated. The NFL wants to showcase Manning as much as they can before he hangs it up.

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not only are they flexing a New York team, but they are also flexing the Green Bay Packers, one of the most famous organizations in sports. These are also two very recent Super Bowl champions. And as pathetic as their record is, the Giants still have a chance to win that miserable division.

That being said, Peyton Manning is having a historic season and the Chiefs are undefeated. The NFL wants to showcase Manning as much as they can before he hangs it up.
    I am thrilled they actually did this. That's probably the number one non-Colts game I'm looking forward to, and watching #18 never gets old.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I sat down and watched #18 against the Jaguars. So yeah, every time the Colts don't play and Peyton does, I won't miss the chance to see him.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth