Thread: Danny Granger - The X-factor

Default Danny Granger - The X-factor

I know the discussion about Granger has gotten out of hand, but I still think it would be awesome if he comes back.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-danny-granger

...He'll also have to acknowledge that if this team belongs to any one player, right now it's Paul George. Yet Granger insists that Indiana's offense, which doesn't ask any perimeter player to dominate possessions, will allow for George and him to complement each other. Says an Eastern Conference scout: "We know he and George can play together. That's not an issue at all." Adds George: "When Danny's out there, it frees everybody up. The whole court is just bigger. I have more room, George [Hill] has more room everybody."
    All this talk of readjusting assumes one thing: Someday possibly soon Granger will be healthy. He insists that his knee feels good, that he's back to his old self. Yet his health issues stem from tendinosis a degenerative condition that can be managed but that tends to linger. When asked what to expect from Granger, the scout is noncommittal. "You're asking me to give an opinion on a guy who no one has really seen in, what, almost two years?" he says, though at this point, it has only been about 17 months. "He could be an All-Star again," the scout says. "He could be done. I end up sticking my foot in my mouth, whatever I say." But if Granger is healthy, the scout sees him readjusting with no problem. "When they got David West they took on this physical identity," he says, "and Granger can fit with that. He doesn't change their identity at all."
    The scout continues: "If he comes all the way back if he's anything close to All-Star level again, then I put them back in the conference finals with Miami. Even with Brooklyn adding everybody they added, even with Chicago getting Rose back Indiana's better. And once they get to the conference finals, maybe it's different this time."...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Danny Granger - The X-factor

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know the discussion about Granger has gotten out of hand, but I still think it would be awesome if he comes back.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-danny-granger
    Good stuff as always from the Grantland crew. I was also curious why they announced Granger on opening night and showed no one on the camera. Fitting I suppose, but let's hope for his return because Granger is right, top roster in the league if he is playing.

The quotes from the players are interesting. Almost like, "Well, he hasn't played in forever, we have gone to war with the group we've got, and if he's healthy great--prove it. If not, we think we'll be fine."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    The quotes from the players are interesting. Almost like, "Well, he hasn't played in forever, we have gone to war with the group we've got, and if he's healthy great--prove it. If not, we think we'll be fine."
    Those trolls...
    Last edited by vnzla81; 10-31-2013 at 04:10 PM.

This is a team that was a game away from the NBA finals without Danny. And Paul George and Lance Stephenson have gotten better. Knowing Roy, he's gotten better even if he's not showing it yet. And Hill is healthy had has had a full year running the starting PG position. This team should be better, without Scola. (not to mention, the clearly positive addition of Watson and Scola.) This team should feel like contenders without Danny.

That being said, with a healthy Danny. I would think this team is a second favorite behind the Heat. And only because the Heat have Lebron and are repeat champions.

Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    Good stuff as always from the Grantland crew. I was also curious why they announced Granger on opening night and showed no one on the camera. Fitting I suppose, but let's hope for his return because Granger is right, top roster in the league if he is playing.
    He was still in the locker room.

I'm just tired of reading stuff like this. It sounds like the players are tired of talking about it too. Let's see Danny on the court.

I'm just tired of reading stuff like this. It sounds like the players are tired of talking about it too. Let's see Danny on the court.
    NO, NO, NO. I really enjoy the same insightful commentary by people who know more about the Pacers than Larry and Frank combined.

Yeah, me too. If Danny is Danny, then it should be obvious that he needs to get all the minutes he can. If not, then the Pacers need to find out if OJ can really play or not.

I want him back not only because he would definitely help with his 3 point shooting/scoring ability, it would definitely lead to PG24 playing less minutes. That would be great long term for him.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:

Simon Cowell disapproves of this thread.

One silver lining of Danny being out is we're gonna get to see about a month of this team operating without Granger and then compare that to how the team plays when he comes back. Hopefully it'll be clear if he's helping or whether we need to look for a trade.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post: