Thread: Danny Granger - The X-factor

Threaded View

Default Danny Granger - The X-factor

I know the discussion about Granger has gotten out of hand, but I still think it would be awesome if he comes back.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-danny-granger

...He'll also have to acknowledge that if this team belongs to any one player, right now it's Paul George. Yet Granger insists that Indiana's offense, which doesn't ask any perimeter player to dominate possessions, will allow for George and him to complement each other. Says an Eastern Conference scout: "We know he and George can play together. That's not an issue at all." Adds George: "When Danny's out there, it frees everybody up. The whole court is just bigger. I have more room, George [Hill] has more room everybody."
    All this talk of readjusting assumes one thing: Someday possibly soon Granger will be healthy. He insists that his knee feels good, that he's back to his old self. Yet his health issues stem from tendinosis a degenerative condition that can be managed but that tends to linger. When asked what to expect from Granger, the scout is noncommittal. "You're asking me to give an opinion on a guy who no one has really seen in, what, almost two years?" he says, though at this point, it has only been about 17 months. "He could be an All-Star again," the scout says. "He could be done. I end up sticking my foot in my mouth, whatever I say." But if Granger is healthy, the scout sees him readjusting with no problem. "When they got David West they took on this physical identity," he says, "and Granger can fit with that. He doesn't change their identity at all."
    The scout continues: "If he comes all the way back if he's anything close to All-Star level again, then I put them back in the conference finals with Miami. Even with Brooklyn adding everybody they added, even with Chicago getting Rose back Indiana's better. And once they get to the conference finals, maybe it's different this time."...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post: