Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 34 of 34

Thread: Post of the Night:

  1. #26

    Default Re: Post of the Night:

    Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same here. Even Old Blu. I like the variety and the humor I find in some posts. It takes two to have an argument in case
    some of you have not figured that out yet. :-)

    I quit acknowledging anything old blu posted, but never put him on ignore. I find vnzla and I agree on a # of things. I took a sabbatical after FA started this off season, but when I'd check in on PD to see what was going on vnzla was constantly being hounded on. It amazes me that people who have a problem with vnzla just keep reading
    his posts. If you don't like what he says, QUIT READING his posts. How hard is that? SMH

  2. #27

    Default Re: Post of the Night:

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love Hill. But excessively praising him for 1 good half is as foolish as condemning him for a bad one.

    He was terrible in the first half, and out of this world in the second. Those things are not mutually exclusive.

    I'm hoping his lights out second half will get him going, it had been a struggle for him up to that point.
    Exactly. I don't get the attitude of "man, look at these idiots who criticized Hill!" Hill played a terrible first half. All criticism was deserved.

    Now, if someone only focused on Hill and not, say, the PFs last night, then you might have a case...

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,063

    Default Re: Post of the Night:

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't ignore anyone. Probably not the best idea, but I refuse to live in an echo chamber.
    I don't ignore people because I disagree with them, I ignore people with a certain personality type that annoys me.

  5. #29
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,043

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post of the Night:

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plenty of people appreciate Hill. I know I do.

    It's not an "In Indiana" thing. There are fans that like this in every franchise.
    Disliking a particular player of your team is not an "in Indiana" thing. However, this obsession with "true PGs" could be an "in Indiana" thing.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  6. #30
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,043

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post of the Night:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly. I don't get the attitude of "man, look at these idiots who criticized Hill!" Hill played a terrible first half. All criticism was deserved.

    Now, if someone only focused on Hill and not, say, the PFs last night, then you might have a case...
    Criticizing Hill when he is playing bad is fine. Wanting to trade him in the first half of the 2nd game is the definition of overreaction.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  8. #31
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,129

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post of the Night:

    Wouldn't be PD, without a few mole hill mountains.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  9. #32
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,699

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post of the Night:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think a lot of people are taking the Hill comments out of context as well. I personally love Hill's game. Anyone who has seen me post on here for a while knows that I value defense and size more than almost anything else(well defense). Hill is a great defender and I like the fact that he has that veteran swagger that will get us points when others are struggling.

    That being said, Hill is paid way too much. This isn't me hating on him, this is just me recognizing the fact that his contract could be a huge problem in resigning Lance. Lance is far more important to the future of this team than Hill is. Lance, is probably better for the starting lineup over Hill as well as he is a better playmaker. Hill is a scoring guard who can play defense, but we have enough scoring with our starters, I want someone who can get the ball to them. Lance does a better job at that.
    $8 mil a year is the Market rate for a Starting Quality Guard....or Combo-Guard in the case of GH and Lance. As a Starter, I don't see Hill as being overpaid when it comes to how he contributes to the Team ( defenses, veteran presence, etc. ). Lance maybe better at creating for others than GH is...but GH still fits the mold and type of Player that Vogel/Bird wants on his Team.

    As for Hill's contract being a huge problem in re-signing Lance....technically, everyone's long-term contract ( not just GH's contract ) would have a huge impact on re-signing Lance.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  11. #33

    Default Re: Post of the Night:

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Criticizing Hill when he is playing bad is fine. Wanting to trade him in the first half of the 2nd game is the definition of overreaction.
    This I can agree with. (Of course, hopefully anyone could.)

  12. #34
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Post of the Night:

    I like Hill, but I'll never love him unless he stops disappearing or unless he at least stops looking like he doesn't belong at point guard when he dribbles too much or gets discombobulated by pressure and double teams in the half-court. He has a lot to like, but those two issues can drive me nuts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •