Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Former Player Thread

Default Re: The Former Player Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyler almost got in a fight with Anderson. I wonder what Tyler did to **** him off. It was like Anderson went out of his way to be offended by Tyler rebounding a shot with no one around. I want to see these two fight.
    Could be the Malone-Rodman of our time. I say we get MMA guys for the tag teams this time through.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Glad BRush made it back. Always liked him.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Gerald Green is alive and well in the desert. His second straight game with five or more threes on 50% or better shooting (21-point and 18-point efforts). Unfortunately, he still has more turnovers than assists on the season.
    They've got to feel pretty good about the Scola trade. Both guys producing for them.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    I miss Darrell Armstrong
    Ahhhhh, me too man! I loved the coffee man.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Tyler Hansbrough assist watch: 98 minutes played, 0 assists.

Playing pretty well otherwise it seems though.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

He's basically right on pace with his career average. The shocking thing is the 4 blocks he's had. No way is that sustainable. He might only have 4 more all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    They've got to feel pretty good about the Scola trade. Both guys producing for them.
    Green is the perfect tank player; fun to watch, can put up stats, but at the same time doesn't help his team win games. Plumlee is nice since he's more NBA-ready than Alex Len, so Miles can start in the meantime while Len is recovering/developing. Our 1st, although it'll be low, should still net a nice player in a deep draft. So yeah, Phoenix really did come out nice in that trade for what they're going for right now.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

what happens when he gets one?
    "We want Miami"

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    what happens when he gets one?
    Apocalypse.

Nov 9

Tyler 23/7- 2 Stl

Augustin 2/1

J Jack 20/4/5- 3 Stl, 3 Blk

Sounds like Augustin is continuing down the path known as playing himself out of this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    Apocalypse.
    Well he did record an assist on the Pacers-Raptors game last time. So I guess apocalypse is fast approaching

Sports Logo

Miles Plumlee: 8 points (4/9 shooting), 12 rebounds, 5 blocks and 1 steal.

Gerald Green: 15 points (6/12 shooting, 1/5 from 3, 2/2 FTs), 3 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 steal.

Both ex-Pacers came up with key plays in the last 5 minutes of the game. Miles had 3 of his 5 blocks down the stretch while Gerald hit a 3, made a sweet pass and hit the FTs that iced the game.

The Suns are looking impressive early on. Hornacek seems like a coach that he can motivate his players and they are playing with passion. Fun team to watch
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    Green is the perfect tank player; fun to watch, can put up stats, but at the same time doesn't help his team win games. Plumlee is nice since he's more NBA-ready than Alex Len, so Miles can start in the meantime while Len is recovering/developing. Our 1st, although it'll be low, should still net a nice player in a deep draft. So yeah, Phoenix really did come out nice in that trade for what they're going for right now.
    They're winning some games early on.

I don't think Green is nearly as bad as he seemed here, he's just the type of player that needs to play in an up tempo offense, while being set up by other players. He's looked consistently good on the suns this far.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post

I don't think Green is nearly as bad as he seemed here, he's just the type of player that needs to play in an up tempo offense, while being set up by other players. He's looked consistently good on the suns this far.
    Agreed. We just never utilized him correctly here.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post

I agree. When you rely on Gerald Green "the jump shooter" it will drive you crazy, just like what he was as a Pacer. When you rely on Gerald Green "the interior operator" you're getting more production out of him. His last game's stat line shows that with him struggling with his outside shot at 1/5 but still managed to finish with 6/12 from the field.

Have we taken the time to laugh at all the people who wanted Fab Melo so badly after Bird drafted Plumlee yet? I hope I didn't miss out.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Gold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Have we taken the time to laugh at all the people who wanted Fab Melo so badly after Bird drafted Plumlee yet? I hope I didn't miss out.
    I would hope we're not so eager to laugh at anyone here, honestly. PD has been too unfriendly lately IMO.

I Believe In Gerald Green repole's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    I agree. When you rely on Gerald Green "the jump shooter" it will drive you crazy, just like what he was as a Pacer. When you rely on Gerald Green "the interior operator" you're getting more production out of him. His last game's stat line shows that with him struggling with his outside shot at 1/5 but still managed to finish with 6/12 from the field.
    He's mainly been a jump shooter for them though. He's been the beneficiary of a lot of drive and kick ball, and quality transition looks, which though they may go down as spot up jumpers like the looks he got last year, they come in an entirely different rhythm. Frankly the main difference between then and now is that he's hitting his shots and his jumper no longer looks as broken as it did last year, seems more like NJ Green. The better system fit is definitely helping though.

Plumlee's been really impressive as well, awesome on the glass, solid hands, finishes well, and has even shown the ability to create a bit for himself and hit an open mid range jumper. The quicker pace and drive and dish play style definitely seems to suit him better as well.

A Gerald Green fan who now finds himself rooting for the Suns.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I would hope we're not so eager to laugh at anyone here, honestly. PD has been too unfriendly lately IMO.
    Ah, no fun.

I definitely thought Plumlee's stats at the beginning of the season were a major fluke, but I have to give him some major props for keeping it up. I never would have dreamed he could play like this and was completely wrong about him. He wouldn't be getting this opportunity on the Pacers this year, so I'm glad for his sake that he is in an environment where he can thrive. Good for him.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post

He wouldn't be getting this opportunity on the Pacers this year, so I'm glad for his sake that he is in an environment where he can thrive.

This is exactly right, and why I, for his sake, wanted him to be traded to a team where he could develop. He landed in a great situation for himself. Kudos to Miles for his success with the Suns!

The Pacers developed Miles. All you've got to do is watch him try Roy's hook and the way he defends the rim to realize that.

Which might be another thread topic, about how great the Pacers are about developing talent. Roy/PG/Lance/Miles/OJ. The list just keeps getting longer and longer.

EDIT: PHX was even surprised about how well Miles looked when he came to their camp.
    seven games this preseason, spanning 130 minutes, Plumlee managed 32 rebounds, second only to Marcin Gortat and Markieff Morris, and eight blocks, which trailed only Gortat among Suns players.
    "Miles has been terrific," Babby said. "You know, rebounding the ball, blocking shots, running the floor. I think that he was a very pleasant surprise."

Babby later explained how general manager Ryan McDonough targeted Plumlee, who spent his rookie season with the Indiana Pacers, as a player who would fit the team's needs.
    "Ryan saw it in summer league," Babby said of McDonough's trip to Orlando to scout.
    http://arizonasports.com/41/1672038/...sing-preseason

Summer league with the Pacers.
    Last edited by Since86; 11-11-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by repole View Post
    He's mainly been a jump shooter for them though. He's been the beneficiary of a lot of drive and kick ball, and quality transition looks, which though they may go down as spot up jumpers like the looks he got last year, they come in an entirely different rhythm. Frankly the main difference between then and now is that he's hitting his shots and his jumper no longer looks as broken as it did last year, seems more like NJ Green. The better system fit is definitely helping though.

Plumlee's been really impressive as well, awesome on the glass, solid hands, finishes well, and has even shown the ability to create a bit for himself and hit an open mid range jumper. The quicker pace and drive and dish play style definitely seems to suit him better as well.
    Haven't watched the whole game though, but the last Phoenix game I saw most of his made shots are closer to the basket, and had more highlight plays at this time of the year than last year. So I'm guessing that on most games he's pretty much less of a jump shooter and more of an inside player slashing and cutting and just getting those points closer to the basket.

As for Miles, I'm pretty impressed. Just going from a player who can't even get consistent garbage time to a really solid starting center is really impressive. Just a win-win trade for us and the Suns, following up from a win-win trade with the Spurs from several years back.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    The Pacers developed Miles. All you've got to do is watch him try Roy's hook and the way he defends the rim to realize that.
    Agreed. His D is straight out of Roy's playbook. Offensively, he is trying to take more people off the dribble out of the post but that's mainly due to his athleticism.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014