Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 126

Thread: The Former Player Thread

  1. #26
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,917

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure he would be our 3rd string center. I've never backed down from defending Ian, because I see Ian for what his role is, i.e. defense and rebounding, and really don't care what he does offensively, but if we assume that Plumlee will continue to have a similiar impact defensively, I think Miles would be a better option.

    His defense was really really good. I kept wondering why they didn't try him on LA, because there for a while he was just turning and shooting over Morris. Probably because Morris would have to guard Robin Lopez, but IMHO I'd rather him beat you than LA.

    Assuming his defense stays somewhat consistent, he's already filling the role that Ian does. I think his ability to not only catch the ball, but catch a lob pass and either dunk it or control it and come back down and gather himself before going back up starts moving him in front of what Ian is capable of doing.

    If I jumping the gun on his defensive ability, so be it, but I don't think that type of thing just comes and goes like the offensive end. There were still areas of improvement, no doubt, but it's pretty encouraging to see someone have such a large impact on their very first given opportunity.

    He might have started out as 3rd string, and maybe stayed there the entire year, but it's not as easily accepted IMHO, than what it was two days ago.
    It's not that I disagree with what you said. If Miles keeps this up then he could certainly leapfrog Ian in the rotation. I'm just not sure that he would get the chance to play if he was here. We really didn't seem willing to give him a chance last year. Then again, you never know.

    Miles is in a good situation for him right now and I'm glad about that. We're in a very good situation as a team as well so overall I'm happy
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  3. #27

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    MJ had some nice things to say about Josh McRoberts in a article in the Charlotte Observer. Nice to see him getting some props.

    He singled out Josh McRoberts as an important part to the roster, in part because his savvy balances off a young roster. “The success of this team is McRoberts – how he can connect the dots.”

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,421

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not that I disagree with what you said. If Miles keeps this up then he could certainly leapfrog Ian in the rotation. I'm just not sure that he would get the chance to play if he was here. We really didn't seem willing to give him a chance last year. Then again, you never know.

    Miles is in a good situation for him right now and I'm glad about that. We're in a very good situation as a team as well so overall I'm happy
    He didn't get time last year simply because he wasn't ready, when he did get time you could tell he wasn't. If he was ready to get time this year I have no doubt he would get it.

  6. #29
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,917

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He didn't get time last year simply because he wasn't ready, when he did get time you could tell he wasn't. If he was ready to get time this year I have no doubt he would get it.
    I don't know. Sometimes you just have too many good players and you cannot play them all.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  7. #30
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,695

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    One less former Pacer to keep track of this season - but we did already see him in action on opening night. Get better, Solo.



  8. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    Posts
    571

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    Miles vs Kanter 6/11 13 pts 13 reb 3 blks and again, only 1 foul. Oh yeah, also the win to go 2-0.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:


  10. #32
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,917

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Miles vs Kanter 6/11 13 pts 13 reb 3 blks and again, only 1 foul. Oh yeah, also the win to go 2-0.
    And he missed two easy ones as well. He should have 17 points.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  11. #33
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    Well, at least now I don't feel so nuts for seeing potential in the guy. Good for him.

  12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  13. #34

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, at least now I don't feel so nuts for seeing potential in the guy. Good for him.

    Absolutely agree with this.. People like to look at things in hindsight.
    Miles was never going to get PT here in Indiana, I'm so happy he's doing well!
    He's has put in massive work.. But Ian gives us what we need, a defensive Center whose
    A freak of an athlete. I don't know you about you guys, but he's been so damm impressive
    on the defensive end.. He's gotten down the verticality rule to a TEE..
    We don't need Ian to score, that's not what he's in there for.. He's there to protect the paint.
    For all we know Miles would have never been this good in IND.. Just be happy for him and besides
    he's going to look for a paycheck, money we don't have as we're trying to resign Lance.

    Glad the trade worked out for both teams.. But we needed a big to stretch the floor as West takes a
    Breather.. Scola has been a magnifent addiction for us.

    If anything this solidifies the notion that Bird is an elite talent evaluator.
    I won't be losing any sleep over Miles.. Trust Bird and he's guided this franchise in a
    magnificent direction..

    Both teams are 2-0 but in realty we know whose trying to tank lol.


    By me ^^

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to picasso For This Useful Post:


  15. #35
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,917

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    besides he's going to look for a paycheck, money we don't have as we're trying to resign Lance.
    We wouldn't need to worry about that paycheck until the 2016-2017 season.

    Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything this solidifies the notion that Bird is an elite talent evaluator.
    That's absolutely true. I want us to grab an extra 2nd round pick in the next draft because I know that Bird can find a good talent there.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  16. #36
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,170

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread


    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  17. #37

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    Last year, a lot of guys complained Plumlee is a bust and wasted 1st round pick of Bird.

    We can now almost conclude that Bird made a wise pick in Plumlee at end 1st round, although it doesn't work not out in Indy.

    He is right, again.

    He should have know that Plumlee can play.
    He knew it's the price to pay to get Scola.

    ANd, Scola better play well in the playoff.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:


  19. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    Plumlee could always rebound and block shots, and is an awesome physical specimen. It's not that surprising to me that he's looking good. If he keeps up this level of play, he's gonna run away with the Most Improved Player award.

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpysaddle
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm far more impressed with Plumlee again, than Bledsoe. 13pts and 13rbs tonight. He's averaging 15.5pts and 14rbs on the season now! I think he'll keep it up, and prove all the doubters wrong. Dude is legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, Plums is quietly becoming a cult hero. Another nice game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragic13
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it to early to say Plumlee is one of the best centers in the league?

    This guy seriously has everything. EVERYTHING.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragic13
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee is up another 8000 adds in fantasy basketball over at yahoo today. He is now owned by 53% of teams!

    Quote Originally Posted by 1UPZ
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    now to Plumlee...
    - The dude is a Jeff Foster on steroids!! A bigger Faried lol!
    He would of been perfect for the SSOL suns! Very quick movement and motor is fantastic!!

    I see a double double guy!!!!

    His first rebound and dunk was BRILLIANT!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mybloodisorange
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee may look clean cut but his play is dirty..I love it! And the fact that he is producing immediately gives Len time to heal his ankle and get use to the speed of the pro game. We have a pretty tough road trip coming up which should be a good test of the kids merit. I'm just hoping that his play so far doesnt turn out to be some type of abberation.

    I am going to eat a plum in his honor. And I hate plums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwigglez
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee is looking like a solid contributor with his hustle and motor. That being said, I don't really see an offensive game but who cares, we pretty much got him as a throw-in!
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac1
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Miles Plumlee is why we are 2-0......who'd of thunk it :-? Your goal is to get great players. It doesn't matter if they are drafted or late bloomers, just take them anyway you can get them and it looks like we have gotten lucky already this year and some people want to throw it away. I am not thinking about players we don't have.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUN
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    based plumlee
    By the way, Perry Jones, III, the player most Pacers fans seemed to want at #25, has looked awful so far.

  20. #39
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,917

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way, Perry Jones, III, the player most Pacers fans seemed to want at #25, has looked awful so far.
    Yep. Perry Jones III had a number of red flags. He has talent but he was always a risky pick. Miles was much more safe and that's one of the reasons that we got so much flak for him. It turns out that all this criticism was probably unfair.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  22. #40

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    Isn't Shawne Williams starting for the Lakers?

  23. #41
    Member crunk-juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Purdue
    Posts
    1,292
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    I miss Darrell Armstrong

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:


  25. #42
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,486

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    I'm not like pissed or anything that Bird let go of Plumlee in that Scola deal, but damn...thats the kind of guy that would be able to solidify us as a top rebounding team, and the type of guy you keep around for as long as you can afford him. 2 games, but he isn't showing any signs of slowing down. If anything Scola will show his true value in the playoffs when he makes the correct play in a pressure situation. But Plumlee is literally Foster 2.0
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  26. #43
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,145
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    My goodness. Just because a player comes into his own in an altogether different role on a different team and in a different dynamic does not mean that he would have done that here. It is the oppurtunity game. And he did not have it here. He also didn't have the luxury to play center. Should we have shipped Hibbert? Should we have not signed West?

    Don't look at this players in a vacuum. There are so many variables at play here. Just wait. Miles will be good. But that doesn't mean that this was a bad trade. It is a long season.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  28. #44
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,973

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    Plumlee looks pretty good in a small sample size, but I feel like some people are acting like we gave up a young Dwight Howard.

    He's in a better situation for him in Phoenix than he would've gotten here. They play in an uptempo system and can afford to give a lot of minutes to a young player on a rebuilding team, whereas we're looking to contend. However, was Plumlee going to help our bench scoring? Was he going to be a guy that when we sub West out, we lose only a half step?

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  30. #45
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,312

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread


  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  32. #46
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,795

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee looks pretty good in a small sample size, but I feel like some people are acting like we gave up a young Dwight Howard.

    He's in a better situation for him in Phoenix than he would've gotten here. They play in an uptempo system and can afford to give a lot of minutes to a young player on a rebuilding team, whereas we're looking to contend. However, was Plumlee going to help our bench scoring? Was he going to be a guy that when we sub West out, we lose only a half step?
    People are saying he's like a Jeff Foster, but I disagree. I think a better comparison of his potential would be a cross of David Lee and Kenneth Faried with better defense. He may have been good in our system, but the Suns system is perfect for him. He needs to play in an uptempo system or develop a better post game.

  33. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    21,8 and 2 for Green today why did we trade the guy why?

  34. #48
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,695

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread



  35. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  36. #49
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,695

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    Gerald Green is alive and well in the desert. His second straight game with five or more threes on 50% or better shooting (21-point and 18-point efforts). Unfortunately, he still has more turnovers than assists on the season.

    Shockingly, Brandon Rush's two foul, two turnover debut performance couldn't save Utah from a 16-point drubbing at the hands of the Nets, but it's good to see him back. He'll be good again, I promise.

    Tyler Hansbrough played an efficient 15 minutes against the Heat, recording 8 points (6/7 FTs, 1/2 FGs) and 7 boards. D.J. Augustin had three turnovers...and that was the extent of his contribution on the night.

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  38. #50
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,145
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Former Player Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gerald Green is alive and well in the desert. His second straight game with five or more threes on 50% or better shooting (21-point and 18-point efforts). Unfortunately, he still has more turnovers than assists on the season.

    Shockingly, Brandon Rush's two foul, two turnover debut performance couldn't save Utah from a 16-point drubbing at the hands of the Nets, but it's good to see him back. He'll be good again, I promise.

    Tyler Hansbrough played an efficient 15 minutes against the Heat, recording 8 points (6/7 FTs, 1/2 FGs) and 7 boards. D.J. Augustin had three turnovers...and that was the extent of his contribution on the night.
    Tyler almost got in a fight with Anderson. I wonder what Tyler did to **** him off. It was like Anderson went out of his way to be offended by Tyler rebounding a shot with no one around. I want to see these two fight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •