View Poll Results: Tonight's Player of the Game goes to...

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul George

97 86.61%
  • George Hill

11 9.82%
  • Lance Stephenson

3 2.68%
  • Someone else

1 0.89%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's pair that up with this song:

For what it's worth, the Pacers' magic number is down to 80.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

3. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    You missed the whole point of my post. I'm not saying that he proved anything with one game and that he's the next coming or anything.

I specifically said that he could look totally lost tomorrow and do nothing for the rest of his career for all I know. I was just saying that many here wrote him off before giving him a chance to prove anything....even if he didn't get the chance to prove anything either way when he was here.
    Yeah, I sort of pulled a vnzla on you: Focused in on the part of your post that I wanted to attack and ignored the rest. Point noted.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    That's a pretty tough rubric for a 26th draft pick. I agree that it's way too early to say anything about anyone, but it would be terribly unfair to discount a strong breakout season from Miles if the team as a whole performs poorly.
    That's fair.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    The Big Dawg dished out 5 more servings of smothered chicken......
    How can you not tweet this to Hibbert and/or Quinn Buckner?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Yeah, I sort of pulled a vnzla on you: Focused in on the part of your post that I wanted to attack and ignored the rest. Point noted.
    Yeah....kind of surprised by your response there.....very un-cdash-like . No harm...no foul.

I was actually really disappointed in losing Plumlee...not because I thought that he could be some savior or anything.....but because I thought that his presense in the lineup could make Mahinmi expendable this season ( Remember...I think that trading Mahinmi would give us the breathing room to re-sign Lance next season ).
    Last edited by CableKC; 10-30-2013 at 11:08 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Yeah....kind of surprised by your response there.....very un-cdash-like. No harm...no foul.

I was actually really disappointed in losing Plumlee...not because I thought that he could be some savior or anything.....but because I thought that his presense in the lineup could make Mahinmi expendable this season ( Remember...I think that trading Mahinmi would give us the breathing room to re-sign Lance next season ).
    I was fine with it--he wasn't going to help us this year and we are trying to win now. I'm really not wild about the way we have been using Scola so far. I understand they want him in the high post in that David West role for the second unit, but to maximize his effectiveness and craftiness, we need him closer to the basket.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I was fine with it--he wasn't going to help us this year and we are trying to win now. I'm really not wild about the way we have been using Scola so far. I understand they want him in the high post in that David West role for the second unit, but to maximize his effectiveness and craftiness, we need him closer to the basket.
    I agree about the whole Scola / West Frontcourt. I get that Mahinmi sucks on the offensive end....but I'm not fond of having 2 non-shotblocking 6'9" Big Men that nearly mirror but doesn't exactly complement each other that aren't entirely athletic trying to defend the paint. I'll admit that they sometimes work together.....but when both of them are on the floor together....Vogel might as well just put up a sign that says "Please don't attack the paint".

Also...somehow keeping Plumlee wasn't a "win now" move.....it was more of a "give us financial breathing room" move ( by making Mahinmi expendable and tradable ) that would allow the FO to re-sign Lance next season. I think that Plumlee could have done a good enough impression of a Backup Center that could consistently play 15 mpg to get us by.
    Last edited by CableKC; 10-30-2013 at 11:24 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Let's pair that up with this song:

I don't know how or why, but I stared for nearly 3 minutes before remembering I what dimension I was in

16. The Following User Says Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:

If all of the current scores hold up, only the Pacers and Thunder will have won a road game so far. Denver also has a shot against the Kings right now. Either way, that makes the win more impressive IMO. It's tough to beat a team on their home opener.

Sports Logo

But I thought that everyone here said that Plumlee sucked.....
    A lot of people did. But they will be proven wrong
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Plumlee is why the Scola deal took a long time to happen. Bird really didn't want to give him up.
    Well, Miles was his pick so I can believe that.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    West is going to look slow against a young team like that. I don't think he's lost much if anything from last year.
    Thing is, he looked slow last night against ORL as well who doesn't have a legit PF to speak of right now.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    We got outrebounded tonight. I'm starting to think this could become a regular thing, but we'll see.
    Scola has been doing a bad job rebounding-wise so far. West has also been below his averages.

It seems entirely possible that we're not going to be the best rebounding team in the league this year. Asik and Dwight combined for 40 rebounds in the Houston game tonight.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Ahhh, funny how one game changes the narrative of a career. I'll repeat what I said about 100 times since we drafted him: The guy had four years to prove himself to be something at one of the best college programs in the country for arguably the best coach in all of basketball. All he proved was that he was wildly mediocre. He always had the size and athleticism to be good, but let's pump the brakes on this Plumlee Bonerfest. The Suns are winning right now, but it's the third quarter of the first game of the season. If he puts up numbers this year, it won't shock me. If he puts up numbers and the Suns prove to not be a dumpster fire that, frankly, they aspire to be, then I gobble down that rancid trash bird that is crow.
    And I will repeat what I said about 100 times since we drafted him. That "best college program" has consistently misused a lot of Centers because this "best coach in all of basketball" is madly in love with small ball. Miles was misused in Duke and he will forge a nice career in the NBA. He won't be a star, of course, but he belongs in this league.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    And I will repeat what I said about 100 times since we drafted him. That "best college program" has consistently misused a lot of Centers because this "best coach in all of basketball" is madly in love with small ball. Miles was misused in Duke and he will forge a nice career in the NBA. He won't be a star, of course, but he belongs in this league.
    I'm trying to think of Duke big men that have been successful in the league. Did Battier play center there, or PF?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    If you are going to quote me, at least quote me right: "one of the best college programs" and "arguably the best coach in all of basketball." Quotes really aren't quotes if you leave words out.

Nitpicking aside, I don't know that I ever said Plumlee doesn't belong in this league. He's probably better than I originally gave him credit for (ceiling of 3rd or 4th big on a good team) though. As far as being misused at Duke and K being in love with small ball--while there's probably some truth in that, you can't say Plumlee ever did a whole lot to inspire confidence from Coach K when he was given an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I'm trying to think of Duke big men that have been successful in the league. Did Battier play center there, or PF?
    Boozer, Brand. Battier was a SF there, if memory serves.

Boozer, Brand. Battier was a SF there, if memory serves.
    Nope, PF.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_2...ll_team_roster

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo

If you are going to quote me, at least quote me right: "one of the best college programs" and "arguably the best coach in all of basketball." Quotes really aren't quotes if you leave words out.

Nitpicking aside, I don't know that I ever said Plumlee doesn't belong in this league. He's probably better than I originally gave him credit for (ceiling of 3rd or 4th big on a good team) though. As far as being misused at Duke and K being in love with small ball--while there's probably some truth in that, you can't say Plumlee ever did a whole lot to inspire confidence from Coach K when he was given an opportunity.
    You are right, I misquoted you. I apologize about that.

It's just that Miles got a lot of unnecessary hate due to his Duke career and I never understood that. Some people around here were never willing to give him a chance and bashed the FO 24/7 for the pick. Heck, some people even used this as an excuse as to why people should stop supporting this team (not you, of course).

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

I think Scola has already hit more mid range jumpers than Hansbrough did through the first half of last season

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I think Scola has already hit more mid range jumpers than Hansbrough did through the first half of last season
    I think that this is one of the reasons why Bird wanted Scola.

http://hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Luis%20Scola

45% / 2.1 FGM / 4.6 FGA from 16-23 feet

For reference.....West ( who we know can be "money" from Mid-range ) averaged:

46% / 1.9 FGM / 4.1 FGA from 16-23 feet

Scola has always had a Mid-range face-up game.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    If he keeps it up defiantly, but he has to keep it up first. One game makes not a season.
    Miles had a double double in the first half!

Here's a couple Miles clips in the first minute of this video.http://www.nba.com/games/20131030/PO...fo.html?ls=slt

I always had hope for Miles, amidst all the negative talk here, and I was bummed about trading him. But it was the right move for us.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Hinds View Post
    George Hill seems to get clutch around the same time PD starts bringing up his contract a little bit too much.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

If Ian continues to protect the rim like he has the last two games it may be Scola who has to go in order to create the financial space for Lance.

I'd prefer it be Copeland and "some other piece" but only time will tell.