View Poll Results: Tonight's Player of the Game goes to...

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul George

    97 86.61%
  • George Hill

    11 9.82%
  • Lance Stephenson

    3 2.68%
  • Someone else

    1 0.89%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 192

Thread: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

  1. #126
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,422

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You think the Pacers looked good in the preseason? Yeah...we won against the mediocre teams and lost against the good teams.
    After all, look how well the Bulls did after winning the preseason trophy... wait...

    Preseason should be nothing but a chance to scrimmage against someone other than teammates who already know everything about what you are doing. It should be a chance to run into some worst-case scenarios and get players tuned up for being on the court. Preseason is an extension of training camp. Thinking a preseason record means anything at all is like thinking a team that doesn't win at least 75 games isn't taking the regular season seriously.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  3. #127
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,431

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A 2-0 start is a 2-0 start, but being that the Pacers always seem to start the season sluggish, I wish they would have taken the pre-season a little more seriously. I said it would be hard to just flick the switch and some disagreed with me, but that's exactly what I see now. I still think it will take a little while for the Pacers to get rolling. Lets hope they can continue to win in the process.

    First, I think it's pretty clear that New Orleans is a very talented young team. They are going to be giving opponents fits all season.

    Second, we just have to accept the fact that everyone is going to be gunning for the Pacers this season. Teams are going to give us their best shot night in and night out. The days of catching teams by surprise like we did in 11-12 are long over. Everyone will circle the Pacers on the schedule and get hyped up to play us. That's just reality when you're a great team.

    On a back to back, we won on the road against a talented young team who was hyped up to play us in their home opener. I'll take that any day. Great teams find ways to win when a talented opponent throws everything they have at them.

    This isn't meant to say that there aren't plenty of things we can work on. But I think this team has earned the benefit of the doubt. We know that they will be a supremely well-oiled machine during the heart of the season.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 10-31-2013 at 08:09 AM.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  5. #128
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,173

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Its worth noting that regardless of their record, Monty Williams gets a LOT out of his players. Thats a team that honestly gives teams all they can handle (32 of their 55 losses last season were within 10 points or less). It's taken career nights from Roy and PG to beat them here the last two years, and big comebacks to win down there the last two years.

    There was a reason I called them my "out of nowhere" pick at the PD Offseason Gathering. They remind me of the 2010-2011 Pacers squad minus the D-bag head coach that started the year. That squad gells, and they are going to be VERY good.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  7. #129
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,858

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Great win. It's win's like that, that build chemistry, character, and trust in teammates.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  9. #130
    bro-hahn kroyff Brohan Cruyff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    26
    Posts
    170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    I'm with Bill. The second the preseason ends, it shouldn't be spoken of again. It's really, truly not relevant.
    "And Tottenham do not know what hit them...well I can tell you, it's Theo Walcott!"

    "And it's Tony Adams put through by Steve Bould, WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?! That...sums it all up."

  10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Brohan Cruyff For This Useful Post:


  11. #131

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    I would bet my money on that Pelicans are in the playoffs.

    My god, Davis is really huge, and athletic. He is also hitting 3 pointers! And he seems very smart.
    I think he has potential to become a Dirk Nowitzki or even a Kevin Durant.

    Gordan can still shot the light out.

    A back court of Gordan, Holliday, and Evans, plus Monster Davis.

    I think they are a playoff team.

  12. #132
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,431

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Brohan Cruyff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm with Bill. The second the preseason ends, it shouldn't be spoken of again. It's really, truly not relevant.
    Yeah, I can't even remember how the Pacers did in any of the previous pre-seasons.

    If there's one thing I've learned from my years of following the Colts and Pacers, it's that pre-season is absolutely worthless.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

    J7F

  14. #133
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,023
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Do you all remember 4 years ago a team in Indy that got good leads on playoff teams but could never close the deal? Countless times they had the lead but when the more seasoned team turned it on in the 4th quarter there was nothing they could do. Nothing.

    We are no longer that medicore team with a smattering of talent that can't close out a game when we play well for 3/4s of it. We are not the team that plays crappy and then gets serious.

    If we have a good road record and a better home record, we could really see the number 1 seed. Especially if Miami rests Wade on a back to back.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  16. #134
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,173

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would bet my money on that Pelicans are in the playoffs.

    My god, Davis is really huge, and athletic. He is also hitting 3 pointers! And he seems very smart.
    I think he has potential to become a Dirk Nowitzki or even a Kevin Durant.

    Gordan can still shot the light out.

    A back court of Gordan, Holliday, and Evans, plus Monster Davis.

    I think they are a playoff team.
    I think they would have been a playoff team in the East LAST year. They still might be a year off in the West though....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  17. #135
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,705

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    I think the word "preseason" should be banned.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  19. #136

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Leave Copeland alone!

    WHY? Eddie Gill was a great towel waver. Travis Diener was too.

  20. #137
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Evansville
    Posts
    499

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Where is Peck?? I need me some Odd Thougts!!!!

  21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:


  22. #138
    PROUD 2 B A PACERS FAN! xtacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    TURKEY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,729

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where is Peck?? I need me some Odd Thougts!!!!
    exactly.

  23. #139

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You missed the whole point of my post. I'm not saying that he proved anything with one game and that he's the next coming or anything.



    I specifically said that he could look totally lost tomorrow and do nothing for the rest of his career for all I know. I was just saying that many here wrote him off before giving him a chance to prove anything....even if he didn't get the chance to prove anything either way when he was here.

    I never cared for the Plumlee pick, still don't, and never thought Plumlee could develop whatever type of game he will have while as a Pacer. This is why "numerous" times last season I said it was in Plumlee's best interest to be traded to a team like Orlando who needed a b/u 5 and could develop him. Plumlee has landed in a great spot to be able to show many of us Chumlee posters we were wrong. I sincerely hope he develops into the best player he can be whatever that might be.

    The Pacers desperately needed a b/u PF, and Scola was available. No brainer letting Plumlee go to get Scola as the Pacers are in win now mode.

  24. #140
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    We are much better when Hill sets up the offense with the starters. Let Hill be Hill and Lance be Lance. Gonna be mad winz

    Very experienced good win over a talented young team on their opening night. Pelis won't lose a lot of games when Holiday, EJ, and Davis combine for 69 points.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  26. #141

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah....kind of surprised by your response there.....very un-cdash-like . No harm...no foul.

    I was actually really disappointed in losing Plumlee...not because I thought that he could be some savior or anything.....but because I thought that his presense in the lineup could make Mahinmi expendable this season ( Remember...I think that trading Mahinmi would give us the breathing room to re-sign Lance next season ).

    If money to sign Stephenson is going to be a problem, then the signing of Copeland was a waste. (Personally, I was against the signing of Copeland from the gitgo.)
    JMO, but I don't see Granger here next year, so there will be money to re-sign Stephenson.

  27. #142
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not much proven tonight either way. Good teams beat bad teams when they aren't at their best, but we already knew the pacers were good.
    I don't agree with the sentiment that the Pelis are bad.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  29. #143

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If money to sign Stephenson is going to be a problem, then the signing of Copeland was a waste. (Personally, I was against the signing of Copeland from the gitgo.)
    JMO, but I don't see Granger here next year, so there will be money to re-sign Stephenson.
    The question is how much? IF we can only use 6 million and be under the cap he might be priced out or our range if he keeps this up.

  30. #144

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    In the past, I've always used na scores & schedules-yahoo to digest the daily box scores, but either they have changed their site,or I can't find it. I looked at ESPN box scores yesterday. It was ok, but does anyone have another suggestion I might try? Your suggestions will be appreciated. Thanx Justin

  31. #145
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,176

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    JT, I have the same problem! Right now I work around it by going directly to Yahoo's scoreboard link:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/scoreboard

    but I wouldn't mind checking out other suggestions too.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:


  33. #146
    Member jjbjjbjjb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin
    Age
    37
    Posts
    375

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Voted for Hill for two reasons: (1) PG semi-disappeared down the stretch, and (2) Hill hit by far the biggest shot of the game.

    PG showed off tons of talent, but like I said in the game thread, it was a lot of hero ball...for three quarters. Then he wasn't anywhere to be found for big stretches in the fourth.

    Well, there's at least eighty games to reobtain a bit of humility and 'clean it up' as everyone says. And probably eighty-four games because we ain't losing in the first round even if we don't get any better at all.

  34. #147
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,431

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Paul George will legitimately be in the MVP discussion this season. This dude just has "superstar" written all over him like no NBA Pacer ever has.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  36. #148
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,497

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by jjbjjbjjb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Voted for Hill for two reasons: (1) PG semi-disappeared down the stretch, and (2) Hill hit by far the biggest shot of the game.

    PG showed off tons of talent, but like I said in the game thread, it was a lot of hero ball...for three quarters. Then he wasn't anywhere to be found for big stretches in the fourth.

    Well, there's at least eighty games to reobtain a bit of humility and 'clean it up' as everyone says. And probably eighty-four games because we ain't losing in the first round even if we don't get any better at all.
    I disagree that he disappeared at all. He played to get his shot for the first 3 quarters, but our team was having major turnover issues and he was scoring at a ~50% clip with lots of free throws. Isn't that why we wanted a "superstar" player? So we could still score when our offensive rhythm was off?

    In the fourth quarter, the team was playing better, so he went back to playing in the flow offense. He had 8 points (4 before free throws), 4 rebounds, and 4 assists in 10 minutes in the fourth quarter. He played good defense. He was in the last 10 minutes of two high-minutes games in a back-to-back. I'm not really sure what you're expecting from him.

  37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  38. #149
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never cared for the Plumlee pick, still don't, and never thought Plumlee could develop whatever type of game he will have while as a Pacer.
    How much do you think he's developed since getting to Houston? Did getting there change him in some way? There's nothing he's doing there that he couldn't do here. That said:

    The Pacers desperately needed a b/u PF, and Scola was available. No brainer letting Plumlee go to get Scola as the Pacers are in win now mode.
    I still love the Scola trade. It got Green off the books, and brought in a "win now" guy. We're gunning for a championship, it's not a "let's get some young guys and start developing them" year.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  40. #150

    Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

    Did anyone else get the pelicans broadcast? Not once did they refer to the team as the pelicans. It was pels every time. Pels pels pels. If your me going to have a new team name might as well say it at least a couple times instead of shortening the name to pels.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •