View Poll Results: Tonight's Player of the Game goes to...

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul George

97 86.61%
  • George Hill

11 9.82%
  • Lance Stephenson

3 2.68%
  • Someone else

1 0.89%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Pelicans Postgame Thread 10/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But I thought that everyone here said that Plumlee sucked.....
    Plumlee is why the Scola deal took a long time to happen. Bird really didn't want to give him up.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    2nd half showed how important Roy is to this team! Others may get the numbers, but none are more important!
    That is why I voted other.

Ian seems much better at protecting the rim this year, and his hands seem better too (not like they could have possibly gotten worse). I hope he works out with Roy and Duncan next summer.

West and Scola just aren't capable of guarding someone like Davis. I hope next time we play them I hope Mahinmi gets some burn at PF.

Paul George has improved a lot more offensively than I thought he would. I thought if he ever got to this level it wouldn't be until next year.

As mediocrely as Hill played in the first half he was just as great in the second.

Watson and Orlando played well. Orlando just can't miss that lay-up. It was the difference between me losing guess the score, and a perfect guess.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Oh PD how I've missed the game threads.

Already starting the season out hating on our own players who actually made big plays at the end, and already debating about how good Plumlee is.

PD is a special place

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Plumlee is why the Scola deal took a long time to happen. Bird really didn't want to give him up.
    I think Bird was hoping Plumlee would be able to replace Mahinmi by next season so we could shed his salary. Now it seems we are going to have to keep Mahinmi around for the whole contract. I like Mahinmi, and don't think he is that overpaid, but if you can have someone just as good on a rookie contract you have a lot more flexibility with the cap.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

A win is a win....but it was an extremely ugly win.

I was extremely disappointed in how flat the Team came out on the offensive and defensive end in the 1st half....they were all careless and didn't do what they needed to do to play like they should be playing.

I assume that someone lit a fire under their butts after the half...cuz they finally showed up.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post

Got any GIFs from this century?

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Haven't stopped smiling since that G. Hill 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    They are building around Holiday and Davis, no one else
    Then why did they just sign Tyreke Evans to a pretty large contract this offseason?

Gordon is starting over 'Reke to build trade value. I hate agreeing with the poltergeist, but Kstat is right: Gordon is shipped out the first chance they get.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    They are building around Holiday and Davis, no one else
    And Evans.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    I am sure of that.........I was just trying to point out that there were a lot of people that unfairly branded Plumlee as fodder before giving him any type of chance to prove anything. I know that one game isn't much to prove anything and that he could end up being a ultra-athletic bench warmer.....but it looks like there is some glimmer of talent there that Bird recognized.
    Last edited by CableKC; 10-30-2013 at 10:46 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Yeah but they are going to be asking for picks and at least one young decenB player right? I don't think Phoenix wants to give up anything right now, I could see Boston doing it, Bobcats?, Cleveland? if he keeps playing like this a lot of teams are going to be all over him.
    I've been thinking they need to move Dragic to make way for Bledsoe... and god knows they have plenty of picks piled up. Dragic has a very friendly cap number and I think he could play with Holliday.

Wow was that an ugly win. Better than an ugly loss.

Paul George continues to hint at superstardum. Imagine if the refs started kissing his ***.

Hill's 3 was Billups-esque.

Lance was much shakier to me tonight, but still came up with a good game overall.

West was having trouble with Davis, but my God that man his enormous so it's no surprise. That was my first really good look at Anthony Davis as a pro, and wow is he better offensively than I would have thought. Then again, I barely saw him in college, so I didn't really have much of an idea.

We got outrebounded tonight. I'm starting to think this could become a regular thing, but we'll see.

I'll say this: Games like this are just straight sobering when you have to watch what happens to this offense when it stops moving the ball and players start standing around.

Turnovers have to be one of the most obnoxious flaws a team can have. Especially in our case because they're not even turnovers that might have otherwise been a nice pass, they're just plain awful.

Was it just me, or did it feel like the guys were acting lazy a lot this game regarding rebounding and loose balls?

Thankfully they hit (most?) all their free throws down the stretch to help seal the win.

You really can see the talent with the Pelicans; they're overall I think the youngest team in the league, so expect a lot of inconsistency, but if you catch them on the wrong night, watch out.

Can Paul George throw himself wildly at the defender and lead sideways with his shoulder to get a bailout trip to the foul line, too, please?

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I am sure of that.........I was just trying to point out that there were a lot of people that unfairly branded Plumlee as fodder before giving him any type of chance to prove anything. I know that one game isn't much to prove anything and that he end up being a ultra-athletic bench warmer.....but it looks like there is some glimmer of talent there that Bird recognized.
    Ahhh, funny how one game changes the narrative of a career. I'll repeat what I said about 100 times since we drafted him: The guy had four years to prove himself to be something at one of the best college programs in the country for arguably the best coach in all of basketball. All he proved was that he was wildly mediocre. He always had the size and athleticism to be good, but let's pump the brakes on this Plumlee Bonerfest. The Suns are winning right now, but it's the third quarter of the first game of the season. If he puts up numbers this year, it won't shock me. If he puts up numbers and the Suns prove to not be a dumpster fire that, frankly, they aspire to be, then I gobble down that rancid trash bird that is crow.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Ahhh, funny how one game changes the narrative of a career. I'll repeat what I said about 100 times since we drafted him: The guy had four years to prove himself to be something at one of the best college programs in the country for arguably the best coach in all of basketball. All he proved was that he was wildly mediocre. He always had the size and athleticism to be good, but let's pump the brakes on this Plumlee Bonerfest. The Suns are winning right now, but it's the third quarter of the first game of the season. If he puts up numbers this year, it won't shock me. If he puts up numbers and the Suns prove to not be a dumpster fire that, frankly, they aspire to be, then I gobble down that rancid trash bird that is crow.
    But.....boners are fun....

Thanked for eloquence.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    But.....boners are fun....
    there are two ways I can interpret this.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    there are two ways I can interpret this.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
    Hey now, it could always be both; thinks outside the box! (Which, in that case, he probably would be... Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! )

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

The Big Dawg dished out 5 more servings of smothered chicken......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

31. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have weird sense of humor. I like making situations awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    Whut? THey one their final thee preseason games. . And it's now five in a row counting those. ..
    You think the Pacers looked good in the preseason? Yeah...we won against the mediocre teams and lost against the good teams.

Sports Logo

You missed the whole point of my post. I'm not saying that he proved anything with one game and that he's the next coming or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    I am sure of that.........I was just trying to point out that there were a lot of people that unfairly branded Plumlee as fodder before giving him any type of chance to prove anything. I know that one game isn't much to prove anything and that he end up being a ultra-athletic bench warmer.....but it looks like there is some glimmer of talent there that Bird recognized.
    I specifically said that he could look totally lost tomorrow and do nothing for the rest of his career for all I know. I was just saying that many here wrote him off before giving him a chance to prove anything....even if he didn't get the chance to prove anything either way when he was here.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

If he puts up numbers this year, it won't shock me. If he puts up numbers and the Suns prove to not be a dumpster fire that, frankly, they aspire to be, then I gobble down that rancid trash bird that is crow.
    That's a pretty tough rubric for a 26th draft pick. I agree that it's way too early to say anything about anyone, but it would be terribly unfair to discount a strong breakout season from Miles if the team as a whole performs poorly.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

He showed he could rebound at a high rate, and rebounding is one of the most transferrable skills to the college game. If he can rebound like he's shown everywhere he's been and is at least an average defender, he will be in this league for a long time. He can be a starter on a team like Phoenix or a solid bench player on a playoff team. I don't see anything wrong with that. There's no reason he has to be a star to be considered a success in this league.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Mood

If PG gets to the charity stripe 7 or 8 times a game, is it inconceivable that he averages 25+ through the season? If this were mythbusters I'd at least label this as plausible.

West threw his weight around admirably but the Brow is a young athletic freak on the rise. Some of those spins, put backs and blocks were outstanding. Also I think it is safe to say both DWest and New Orleans are over each other, if they weren't already.

George Hill seems to get clutch around the same time PD starts bringing up his contract a little bit too much. Hibbert had limited pt because of those fouls but at least dominated the pace and paint when he played.

Oh and one last little nugget. Lance might be the best rebounding guard playing the game. Starting from last year's post-season and including these two regular season games he's averaging 7.5 boards. That's over 21 games. 25% of a full season. Is it just me or is that eye popping? I doubt it stays that high but that's straight bull dog aggression for the ball.
    Last edited by Mr.Hinds; 10-30-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    "There is a time to play and a time to win. It is what you do during winning time that differentiates the average players from stars."

~Ahmad Rashad~

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Hinds For This Useful Post:

Didn't get to catch any of the game tonight except the last 17 seconds when we were icing it, but was following along with the score and I am impressed with this win. Second night of a back to back, on the road against a team that has playoff aspirations in their opener, down 16...impressive. Paul George is a phenomenal basketball player.