Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because Lance makes our bench 10 times better unlike Danny. I have said that a number of times.
    But you don't really believe that; you just secretly want Danny to start and you'll make up anything to help support that idea...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    There you go.

It starts with Intuition. Then the gaps are filled in with logic. But it's all about the original premise.

"A man justifies what the heart chooses."
    Not always. Sometimes facts prove the intuition false. Other times they modify the intuitive beliefs, leaving them neither invalidated or confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I can't let this go either.

A judge makes a judgment. Not a judgement...

/Graham

Oh, I know all about this. But the courts in Indiana are adamant that it's judgment.

In any event, I question the Granger crowds' judgment. He's not healthy, he will not be a Pacer in less than a year and allowing him to come up to speed in actual games early in the season is going to hurt our record if he's playing at key times...and that may just lose us home court. Quite frankly (pardon the pun), I doubt Frank makes the mistake of starting Granger or having him finish for the remainder of this calendar year.
    You really have such little faith in the rest of this roster and its coaching staff that you seriously believe starting Granger is going to lose us games we would have otherwise won? Seriously??

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Danny had surgery on April 4th, for specificity's sake. So like 3 years ago on vnzla time.
    He had PRP done right after the playoffs were done and according to reports he had it done twice but yeah lets ignore that and start counting from whatever time is convenient for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    He had PRP done right after the playoffs were done and according to reports he had it done twice but yeah lets ignore that and start counting from whatever time is convenient for you guys.
    oh lighten up. I'm blowing you smoke about the 2 years thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    oh lighten up. I'm blowing you smoke about the 2 years thing.
    17 to 18 months if you are not counting the 5 games fail of last year and according to DG himself he started having issues since the Miami series:

Q: What's going on with the your knee?

A: Just taking it slow through training camp. I had an injury in my tendon or something that I flared up in the offseason working out. They put PRP (platelet rich plasma) in it, which is a way to help it heal better. I actually did it toward the end of the Miami series. It was fine, but then I started training this summer and it got irritated, so we just slowed it down.

http://www.indycornrows.com/2012/9/2...series-expects

So Nuntius is wrong once again.

Sports Logo

Danny tweaked his knee in Game 5 of the Miami series in 11-12. That game took place in May 22, 2012. That's the earliest date in which he could take the PRP treatment. May 22 is 161 days earlier than the October 30, the day in which Danny was ruled out indefinetely. 1 year and 4 days plus 161 days equals 1 year and 165 days and that's the absolute earliest date that this could have happened.

However, you keep adding 200 days more and say that he's been out for 2 years. Why? Because it just fits your agenda.

If Danny does not return in 200 days then you will have a point. But until then you're simply wrong.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

17 to 18 months if you are not counting the 5 games fail of last year and according to DG himself he started having issues since the Miami series:

http://www.indycornrows.com/2012/9/2...series-expects

So Nuntius is wrong once again.
    I'm not the one that is missing 200 days

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Danny was playing up until the end of the preseason last season. That is only about 1 year and 1 week ago. He was also practicing with the team for a decent amount of last season. Saying he has been out two season is the equivalent of saying last season was essentially Lance rookie season which completely ignores reality in every way.
    Last edited by Eleazar; 11-04-2013 at 08:35 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

but yeah lets ignore that and start counting from whatever time is convenient for you guys.
    17 to 18 months if you are not counting the 5 games fail of last year
    never change.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not the one that is missing 200 days
    Well 17 months is closer to 18 months than 12 months, which means you might as well call it 18 months. 18 months as we know is 1.5 years, which should be rounded up to 2 years when speaking of it. Anybody saying anything else but 2 years is deluding their self.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

*sees the original post then ends up reading about intuition, jury, judges etc*

You **** up once, you lose two teeth

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Well 17 months is closer to 18 months than 12 months, which means you might as well call it 18 months. 18 months as we know is 1.5 years, which should be rounded up to 2 years when speaking of it. Anybody saying anything else but 2 years is deluding their self.
    I said "almost" 2 years for a reason and nope I'm not going to cut my veins if some are delusional thinking that it has only been 1 year.

I said "almost" 2 years for a reason and nope I'm not going to cut my veins if some are delusional thinking that it has only been 1 year.
    Which side of the offseason you want to count from doesn't really matter because the offseason is time you would spend away from your teammates anyway. He looked good in the preseason to me his last couple of games, just had some problems with his timing around the rim.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

He did play that game 6 against the Heat (logged in 38 minutes as well) and he has also appeared in games numerous times since then (two pre-season games in October 2012 in limited minutes, 5 regular season games in January 2013 in limited minutes and 4 pre-season games in October 2013 in almost regular minutes). It's just incorrect to say that he has been out for "almost 2 years".

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

He did play that game 6 against the Heat (logged in 38 minutes as well) and he has also appeared in games numerous times since then (two pre-season games in October 2012 in limited minutes, 5 regular season games in January 2013 in limited minutes and 4 pre-season games in October 2013 in almost regular minutes). It's just incorrect to say that he has been out for "almost 2 years".
    Granger has been out 16 or maybe 17 months. It's more like just about a year and a half...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

When facts don't fit your agenda, ignore them. I'm getting random house republican flashbacks reading this thread.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Jukeb0xHero For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Which side of the offseason you want to count from doesn't really matter because the offseason is time you would spend away from your teammates anyway. He looked good in the preseason to me his last couple of games, just had some problems with his timing around the rim.
    Oh ok I forgot that players stop rehabbing as soon as they go on vacation

And "timing off","been rusted", "he always starts slow" are few of the million excuses I'm going to hear during the whole season.

Sports Logo

Granger has been out 16 or maybe 17 months. It's more like just about a year and a half...
    It's 1 year and 165 days if you want to take into account the earliest possible date of Granger's injury. It's 1 year and 4 days if you want to take into account the day that the team announced that Granger is out indefinitely.

Or you can take into account that Granger has played in this pre-season and start counting from the Bulls game in October 18 which was 17 days ago.

In any case, I never disagreed with anyone that said that it has been 1 year and a half. I disagreed with the notion that it been "almost 2 years". The former can be accepted as true. The latter is simply false.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

And "timing off","been rusted", "he always starts slow" are few of the million excuses I'm going to hear during the whole season.
    Because you will keep pushing and focusing on a pathetic agenda instead of rejoicing with the rest of us about the awesomeness of this team.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

It's 1 year and 165 days if you want to take into account the earliest possible date of Granger's injury. It's 1 year and 4 days if you want to take into account the day that the team announced that Granger is out indefinitely.

Or you can take into account that Granger has played in this pre-season and start counting from the Bulls game in October 18 which was 17 days ago.

In any case, I never disagreed with anyone that said that it has been 1 year and a half. I disagreed with the notion that it been "almost 2 years". The former can be accepted as true. The latter is simply false.
    I think anything other than saying it's 16 or 17 months is avoiding the truth. You could also say he's back the second he steps on the floor, but of course that's also ludicrous.

At minimum, people better be patient. It's already November and, at best, he will need a month to get in game shape. During that period of time, I really hope he doesn't hurt our chances to secure home court.

They should also be ready for him to go down again. It happened last year and I hope people are prepared mentally for it. Then people should also be ready to see him play OK for 3 or 4 months and go down again because that tendon builds up scar tissue again.

This is why he should be treated as a bonus, not a cog on this team. Too much is riding on this season to allow reliance on him to fail us at the wrong time. There's simply no reason to take that risk.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

I think anything other than saying it's 16 or 17 months is avoiding the truth. You could also say he's back the second he steps on the floor, but of course that's also ludicrous.

At minimum, people better be patient. It's already November and, at best, he will need a month to get in game shape. During that period of time, I really hope he doesn't hurt our chances to secure home court.

They should also be ready for him to go down again. It happened last year and I hope people are prepared mentally for it. Then people should also be ready to see him play OK for 3 or 4 months and go down again because that tendon builds up scar tissue again.

This is why he should be treated as a bonus, not a cog on this team. Too much is riding on this season to allow reliance on him to fail us at the wrong time. There's simply no reason to take that risk.
    After he missed a whole season, how could people not be ready for it? Also, we ran regard him as either a bonus or a cog as much as we want. But his importance to the team will be decided on how well he plays. It would be like if every time he scored 10-15 points in the first half you tell him to stop scoring in the 2nd half or you'll sit his *** down because you can't have the team depending on his scoring in case he goes down for injury in 2 months. You may laugh that off as if that's not what you meant, but if he is playing well enough to be a key cog, that's what you would have to do almost every game in order to make sure he's not a key cog.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Can we just agree that he missed a single season. Who cares if that consists of 5 days or 500 days.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

BnG, you're talking about your opinion. You are free to have this opinion and as you can see I don't even comment on it.

My comment was about the dates. The earliest possible date is May 22, 2012 (the date of game 5 in which the initial tweak happened) and that's ignoring that he played 38 minutes in May 24, 2012 (the date of game 6).

Counting from May 24, 1 year and 165 days have passed. Counting from May 22, 1 year and 167 days have passed. Again, that's the earliest possible date and that's nowhere close to "almost 2 years". There is a large period of 8 months between them and a whole NBA season can fit in there.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014