Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 889

Thread: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

  1. #451
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,045

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In reality, I think most everyone agrees with this statement. Yet when people talk about a guy starting, I hope you realize that they are also saying that the player should not be a "bench player" and that normally starters will equal finishers. Of course there are exceptions. Most starters also finish...even if not all 5 do it.
    To bad you can't have 6 starters, it would make things a lot more simple. Who should finish though should be decided based on how the players are playing that night. If Paul is having a terrible game while Granger and Lance are lighting it up, I want Paul on the bench while Granger and Lance finish.

  2. #452
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One factor not mentioned here is that Granger wouldn't be scoring nearly as many points as he did when he was "the man". Not only is this team MUCH better, he will never again be the best player on the team. Not with Paul. Hibbert is clearly more valuable.

    The point is, everyone needs to forget about the seasons Granger got his numbers on bad teams. It happens all the time. A player has inflated stats because his team isn't all that good. Granger was a trooper delivering for the Pacers year after year, but that's exactly what happened. His scoring average, on fairly poor FG%, was very much inflated. At best he would average 17PPG on this team.

    Seriously, the team is so much better now. People need to readjust who Danny Granger really is because even if 100% healthy he may very well be the 4th best player on the team.
    My friend, who gives a **** about the past? Seriously, the past is irrelevant here. Everything has to do with this season. We're all in now and we want to win now!

    What I see in Danny is an elite spot up shooter with size. An elite spot up shooter is an immense help for a post-heavy offense. Opposing defenses won't be able to double our bigs if all of our perimeter players are great shooters because when they do our shooters will make them pay.

    What I see in Danny is a Manu Ginobili / OKC Harden-type of player. An all-around, versatile player that thrives when he has the ball in his hands. Therefore, I want to put the ball in his hands. I realize that this is not very likely to happen with the starting unit and that on top that our bench is lacking in shot creators and thus I consider very reasonable to use Lance a lot in this capacity.

    However, I have also said the following a number of times:

    I'm extremely glad with how things are right now as long as Lance keeps up his excellent perimeter shooting. Frankly, the only thing I want is a 40% 3 point shooter in our starting line-up and someone to create shots alongside the bench unit. I don't care who that shooter or who that creator is. I just want them to exist. Prior to the season I thought that DG was that shooter and Lance was that creator. If Lance ends up being both that shooter and that creator then I'm going to be overjoyed because that would mean that he's an All-Star.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  3. #453
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm saying that there's no reason whatsoever for the Pacers to screw with a starting lineup that has worked brilliantly for the last year and continues to get better and better.
    You know what is the issue with this statement? Our line-up was brilliant in 11-12 as well. Danny went down and we were forced to "screw up" with that brilliant line-up and we ended up creating an even better line-up with Lance. I really think that our starting line-up is going to be darn awesome no matter who the 5th starter is.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  4. #454
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance starting to get national press. Here we go:

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...acers/3420315/
    Source: USA Today
    This part shuts the "it has only been 3 games" people.

    he improved those averages to 9.4 points, 7.6 rebounds and 3.3 assists in the playoffs.
    Thanks for posting it.

  5. #455
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In reality, I think most everyone agrees with this statement. Yet when people talk about a guy starting, I hope you realize that they are also saying that the player should not be a "bench player" and that normally starters will equal finishers. Of course there are exceptions. Most starters also finish...even if not all 5 do it.
    This team probably has 7 players that are good enough to be a starter in this league. Having too many good player is NOT a problem.

    I have clarified that I believe that Lance should finish the games most of the time. My arguments revolve around fit. Therefore, who is starting really is irrelevant to me.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  6. #456
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,747

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know what is the issue with this statement? Our line-up was brilliant in 11-12 as well. Danny went down and we were forced to "screw up" with that brilliant line-up and we ended up creating an even better line-up with Lance. I really think that our starting line-up is going to be darn awesome no matter who the 5th starter is.
    That also means that it was great when Darren Collison was the starter considering that he started most of 11-12. But we upgraded the position when we inserted Hill into the starting lineup at the end of the season. Of course the team is still going to be great if Danny starts. Any lineup with Roy Hibbert, David West, Paul George, and George Hill is going to win a ton of games. But Stephenson is exploding and should be considered the better player until Danny comes back and proves it on the court. There's no reason to change it if we don't have to. You don't start Danny Granger just because he's Danny Granger.

  7. #457
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So a player that has been out for almost 2 years shouldn't lose his starting spot lol I can't wait for somebody else to come up with another great excuse

    I'm glad JO is not here anymore or Nuntius would be telling us about how JO should be the starter because he never lost his starting spot lol
    1) Danny has been out for 1 year. Not 2 years. Your math is off.

    2) I never said that Danny shouldn't lose his starting spot. I just want people to admit that Danny lost that spot due to his injury.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  9. #458
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,067

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance starting to get national press. Here we go:

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...acers/3420315/
    Source: USA Today
    ARTICLE:

    Lance Stephenson has been used as an example of what can go wrong when a player is hyped too much too soon.

    The funny thing is that now, after being written off more times than a zombie in a 1950s horror movie, Stephenson is showing there was something to the buzz.

    Ironically, for a player dubbed "Born Ready" in high school, Stephenson has, three seasons into his NBA career, slowly and steadily, made himself into a player.

    New York City basketball scout Tom Konchalski remembers hearing about how good Stephenson was when the player was in grade school in the Coney Island section of Brooklyn.

    "He's had to carry the burden of celebrity since he was in the fourth grade because of the players who came before him from Coney Island, from Stephon Marbury to Sebastian Telfair," Konchalski said. "You shouldn't have to live up to that level of pressure."

    For a while, he did. As an eighth-grader, Stephenson outplayed O.J. Mayo, then considered the top high school player, at a summer camp. At Lincoln High in Brooklyn, he broke the state high school career scoring record set by Telfair, while leading the Railsplitters to four consecutive Public School Athletic League titles. He even appeared in his own internet reality TV show, Born Ready, that followed him through his sophomore and junior seasons.

    However, though he averaged 28.9 points and 10.2 points his senior year, people were beginning to doubt Stephenson. The summer before his senior year, the 6-5 guard was cut from USA Basketball's Under-18 team. Because of legal woes and recruiting questions, he went from being recruited by Kansas to signing with Cincinnati. The NCAA didn't clear him to play for the Bearcats until a little over a week before their first game.

    In the 2009-10 season, he was the Big East's Freshman of the Year, averaging 12.3 points and 5.4 rebounds, but he wasn't drafted until the second round by the Pacers, the 40th player chosen overall in the 2010 draft.

    His first two seasons with the Pacers, he averaged 10 minutes and 2.8 points a game and started only one game. His minutes were limited by often questionable shot selection, as he made only 35.4% of his attempts from the floor.

    As he struggled, he talked regularly with Larry Bird, even after Bird stepped down as the Pacers' president in the summer of 2012 and again, when Bird returned to the Pacers' front office this summer.

    When Pacers forward Danny Granger went down with a knee injury last season, Stephenson stepped up. He improved his three-point shooting, which in turn opened things up for him to go to the basket. He worked on his rebounding and prided himself in his defense, even asking to guard LeBron James in the playoffs. After averaging 8.8 points and 3.9 rebounds and 2.9 assists a game in the regular season, he improved those averages to 9.4 points, 7.6 rebounds and 3.3 assists in the playoffs.

    "The older I get, the game slows down for me," Stephenson said. "I think I've learned a lot. I know when I can penetrate and when I can shoot. Before, I didn't realize when I was rushing, but I learned, watching other players. Indiana has made me a better player. Everybody on the team is mature. There are no bad role models."

    When Stephenson was in high school, his father, Lance, Sr., was criticized for allowing the Born Ready project and for being too involved in his son's recruitment. But surrounded by his father, mother, brother, cousin and two young daughters in Indianapolis, that same sense of family helps to to stabilize Stephenson's life.

    "When you have kids, you have to be more mature," Stephenson said. "They're looking up to you. They're just like me. They like to joke around all the time."

    Stephenson is 23, with more growing up to do, but he's come a long way from Lincoln.

    "To get on the floor with the Pacers, he's had to totally reinvent himself," Konchalski said. "In high school, he was just a scorer. What got him on the floor in Indianapolis was his ability to do other things. He could defend multiple positions. He's one of the best rebounding guards in the league. He's a good passer."

    What Stephenson hasn't left behind is the New York swagger that got him noticed in the first place. In the Pacers' first two games this season, Stephenson is averaging 17.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and 4.5 assists. With Granger again out with a calf injury, Stephenson is leading the team, averaging 38.5 minutes a game.

    "I love the pressure," he said. "I love when all the eyes are on me. It shows that you can never be slacking. I like all the challenges. I like how people looked down on me and said I couldn't make it. Once I got the opportunity, I knew I could be a successful player in the NBA."

    ----------------------

    Love the bolder parts. He stepped up big time in the playoffs, the rebounding is awesome. Having no bad role models is obviously great. I didn't know his whole family was here, but that's pretty cool. Glad they're all around to support him. Definitely like that he still has all the confidence. He's kept that while maturing, and it could be dangerous for everyone else.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  11. #459
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any lineup with Roy Hibbert, David West, Paul George, and George Hill is going to win a ton of games.
    Exactly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But Stephenson is exploding and should be considered the better player until Danny comes back and proves it on the court.
    I agree that Lance should be considered the better player until Danny proves otherwise on the court. Once again, my arguments revolve around fit and not player value.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't start Danny Granger just because he's Danny Granger.
    I don't want to start Danny Granger because he's Danny Granger. I have said it times and times again. The only thing I want is our 5th starter to be a kick-*** spot up shooter. I don't give a **** if that shooter is named Granger, Stephenson or Harry the Martian.

    I shouldn't be forced to say the same damn thing over and over again.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  12. #460
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, if you were on this board at all in 11-12 and prior, you'd know I wanted Granger dealt to maximize on his "perceived" value. At this point, I believe it's actually more beneficial to have Granger and his expiring remain on the team as part of our bench, as oppose to dealing him, unless of course the perfect trade comes along that nets us an elite point guard.
    Yeah, I remember your trade ideas.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  13. #461
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,101

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Unless Lance regresses then this issue is settled. The new question is whether we can even find a role for Granger or if there is a deal we can get for him that doesn't hurt next year's cap...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  15. #462
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now I fully expect Granger to either take the back seat and a pay cut...or be gone. Lance Stephenson is the future people. Don't fight it.
    No one is fighting it. Lance will certainly be re-signed.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  16. #463
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,246

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one is fighting it. Lance will certainly be re-signed.
    If healthy, Granger will be unaffordable and signed with another team.

    If not healthy, he is done.

    Why fool around thinking Granger will be anything more than a 1 year rental off the bench?

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  18. #464
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If healthy, Granger will be unaffordable and signed with another team.

    If not healthy, he is done.

    Why fool around thinking Granger will be anything more than a 1 year rental off the bench?
    And how is this relevant to what I was saying?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  19. #465
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this about doing what's best for the team, or is it about trying to come up with any possible way to get Danny back into the starting lineup? It's fair to wonder.
    I want to do what's best for the team....and what I think is best for the team is for Lance's skills to be used primarily with the 2nd unit to improve the offense.

    I don't have any agenda when it comes to getting Granger into the lineup because that is what I want...I just want Lance to be put in the best position to help the Team. Lance will still finish the game ( when needed ) and he will still get some burn with the Starters....I just think that he'd be best utilizing his talents to help both the 1st and ( primarily ) the 2nd unit.

    You are right....it's fair to wonder. But to be clear, if having Lance primarily play with the 2nd Unit means that it would push him over to be the 1st Man off the bench and push Granger into a "spot up shooter and scorer" that is a 4th/5th scoring option in the Starting Lineup....so be it.
    Last edited by CableKC; 11-03-2013 at 09:36 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  21. #466
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,246

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And how is this relevant to what I was saying?
    You're saying Lance will be re-signed. I'm saying that Granger isn't going to be re-signed.

    Granger is a rental. A rental who hasn't really played in 16 or 17 months. I don't believe he will recover well enough by the time he's headed out. I certainly don't want him to be a key player going down the stretch and see that scar tissue build up again on that knee. It will jack up our chances at a ring.

    Edit: when I say I don't want him a key player, I don't want him closing games. Let him put some points up along the way, but not be a key member determining whether this team advances.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 11-03-2013 at 09:31 PM.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  23. #467
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're saying Lance will be re-signed. I'm saying that Granger isn't going to be re-signed.

    Granger is a rental. A rental who hasn't really played in 16 or 17 months. I don't believe he will recover well enough by the time he's headed out. I certainly don't want him to be a key player going down the stretch and see that scar tissue build up again on that knee. It will jack up our chances at a ring.
    My friend, I fail to see the reason that you quoted my post in your previous post. I stated that Lance will be re-signed. You said that Granger will not be re-signed. I fail to see the relativity between my original statement and your answer.

    But I digress. You say that Granger is a rental. Ignoring that he cannot be a rental since he has spent his whole career here I'll ask this:

    Who cares? We're attempting to win a championship now! I'm very aware that Granger will probably walk this summer but there is a whole season to be played before that. If Granger increases our chances to go to the Finals and win a ring then why should I care about what will happen in the summer? Let's focus on this very important season first.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  24. #468
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Edit: when I say I don't want him a key player, I don't want him closing games. Let him put some points up along the way, but not be a key member determining whether this team advances.
    Who said that I want him closing games?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  25. #469
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This part shuts the "it has only been 3 games" people.

    Thanks for posting it.
    Who are these "It has only been 3 games" people that you are referring to?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  27. #470
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,246

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My friend, I fail to see the reason that you quoted my post in your previous post. I stated that Lance will be re-signed. You said that Granger will not be re-signed. I fail to see the relativity between my original statement and your answer.

    But I digress. You say that Granger is a rental. Ignoring that he cannot be a rental since he has spent his whole career here I'll ask this:

    Who cares? We're attempting to win a championship now! I'm very aware that Granger will probably walk this summer but there is a whole season to be played before that. If Granger increases our chances to go to the Finals and win a ring then why should I care about what will happen in the summer? Let's focus on this very important season first.
    If we're attempting to win a championship now, we better have a healthy starting and finishing unit...and Granger doesn't fit there.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  29. #471
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In reality, I think most everyone agrees with this statement. Yet when people talk about a guy starting, I hope you realize that they are also saying that the player should not be a "bench player" and that normally starters will equal finishers. Of course there are exceptions. Most starters also finish...even if not all 5 do it.
    Why can't there be an exception here like there was an exception made with the Spurs and Manu?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  31. #472
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,036

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we're attempting to win a championship now, we better have a healthy starting and finishing unit...and Granger doesn't fit there.
    It's who finishes that matters. Lance will be there to finish as I have said so many times.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  32. #473
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,246

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why can't there be an exception here like there was an exception made with the Spurs and Manu?
    Sure there can be an exception. But I would prefer that we have someone on the starting unit more capable of feeding the post. We have a 7'2" center and a PF who appreciates the ball being placed just perfectly and Lance is the only one who can do that. Let him develop that skill.

    Where some of you want a shooter, I want a basketball player with a lot more skills. Passing, dribbling AND shooting. Lance is getting better by the day. Danny is getting older and isn't even healthy. Not even sure why anyone is thinking someone other than Lance would be the starter given the fact we had the best starting unit in the NBA last year and the alternative is to bring on a guy just coming off surgery...

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  34. #474
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why can't there be an exception here like there was an exception made with the Spurs and Manu?
    Because we are not the San Antonio Spurs? different team and players.

  35. #475

    Default Re: Four big IF's about Lance Stephenson.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure there can be an exception. But I would prefer that we have someone on the starting unit more capable of feeding the post. We have a 7'2" center and a PF who appreciates the ball being placed just perfectly and Lance is the only one who can do that. Let him develop that skill.

    Where some of you want a shooter, I want a basketball player with a lot more skills. Passing, dribbling AND shooting. Lance is getting better by the day. Danny is getting older and isn't even healthy. Not even sure why anyone is thinking someone other than Lance would be the starter given the fact we had the best starting unit in the NBA last year and the alternative is to bring on a guy just coming off surgery...
    I can't believe its even a discussion. Can you imagine the uproar if the rolls were reversed - DG was a contributing member of the best starting unit in the league and people were suggesting he be benched for a player that hadn't played in a year and wasn't even currently healthy? You know - for the good of the team all. There would be riots!!!

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •