View Poll Results: Tonight's Player of the Game goes to...

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul George

43 32.33%
  • Roy Hibbert

54 40.60%
  • Lance Stephenson

36 27.07%
  • Someone else

0 0%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 10/29/13

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 10/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

1. Lance - most active in passing instead of nearly always looking to score (what an evolution that I would have sworn never would occur)
    Lance has always been a very willing passer, from Day 1. In fact, they had to make him stop passing so much to tone down the turnovers (in large part because the recipients couldn't catch a good pass, lol).

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't care if a kid came from Indiana, played at IU, Purdue, Notre Dame, Butler, Ball State, Vincennes, IUPUI or wherever, they don't wear blue and gold at the NBA level, I boo em! Hell, I even boo people who came out of the same High School that I graduated from!

I'm just an equal opportunity hater I guess.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Went to the game last night, and there were definitely a few things that stood out to me:

Lance Stephenson should start, regardless of the status of Danny.

Like many have already said, Roy looks HUGE, and can contend for DPOY. I loved seeing him control the boards early on.

Paul looks more fluid on the court. He isn't even the same player he was last year.

The bench really flashed some potential last night. If they start to hit a groove around mid-season, we will be unstoppable!

But the one person who stood out the most to me was: Ian Mahimi. Working with big roy and Duncan this offseason made a huge difference. He didn't drop a lot of loose balls, and he had some great blocks. He doesn't need to score a lot, but if he can defend, and get 4-6 rebounds per night, I'd consider that a success!

I'm just glad the season has started!
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pianoman For This Useful Post:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/rewind-pacers-magic-131029

Stat of the Game
    The Pacers blocked 18 shots, a new franchise home record and one shy of the overall franchise record, set at Washington on Nov. 30, 1979. Roy Hibbert was responsible for seven of them.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

It's a shame, we actually should have had 19 and tied it because they missed George Hill's obvious stuff on Jameer Nelson. Though I suppose it's alright because PG's block on Oladipo was quite clearly a goaltend lol.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

The game like most 1st games had it's ups and downs.

I sure hope PG gets his TO's under control this season.

I wasn't impressed with Scola's "D". I thought it was horrible the 1st half.

Hill to me was non-existant the 1st half.

OJ didn't look good the 1st half, but he had a nice 2nd half. (I do like OJ and was glad to see his 2nd half play.)

I still feel Stephenson should be starting, and I enjoyed watching his play last night.

Looking forward to watching tonights game. I've got my supply of ice tea, fudge bars, and nuts(pecans and cashews). I'm set to go!

GO PACERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Interesting. Where does it back up on you (assuming it isn't just getting out of a parking lot or garage)?

It's one of the reasons we stay for the post-game PD moot session. Once the crowds clear out a little we can zip right out of the garage and onto either Washington or out to 65 depending on where we parked.
    Bathrooms. I usually drink a beer and another drink during the game, while my GF drinks 2-3 beers. I usually get in and out rather quickly, but the lady seems to be a good 5 minutes behind me. 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there. We normally park in the $5 lot right beside the garage. On busier games, it usually takes us about 10 minutes to get out of the lot due to that stupid traffic arm that goes up and down and having the light right there after you go down the ramp.

We usually say that we're going to try to stay after and pop in at the after meeting, but she has to get up early for work and is usually on her last legs.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Indiana native Gordon H. who takes Butler to the NCAA championship game only gets a nice ovation. Yeah, 2 years in a row Butler plays in the NCAA championship game means nothing compared to IU's sweet 16 appearance with Victor O. SMH
    I'm not sure what games you're going to, but I haven't been to a Pacers-Jazz game where Heyward wasn't cheered basically for breathing. I was actually pretty pleased last night because I felt like the cheering for Oladipo wasn't as loud as it usually is for Heyward, or for most Kentucky players who come through.

Not that any of this really matters all that much. People like to cheer for the guys they cheered for in college. It's going to happen.
    "And Tottenham do not know what hit them...well I can tell you, it's Theo Walcott!"

"And it's Tony Adams put through by Steve Bould, WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?! That...sums it all up."

Quote Originally Posted by Brohan Cruyff View Post
    I'm not sure what games you're going to, but I haven't been to a Pacers-Jazz game where Heyward wasn't cheered basically for breathing. I was actually pretty pleased last night because I felt like the cheering for Oladipo wasn't as loud as it usually is for Heyward, or for most Kentucky players who come through.

Not that any of this really matters all that much. People like to cheer for the guys they cheered for in college. It's going to happen.

Just wait until Stevens comes back with Boston. People will be sobbing uncontrollably and practically fainting in the stands.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Just wait until Stevens comes back with Boston. People will be sobbing uncontrollably and practically fainting in the stands.
    So will Brad probably once he's had a couple months coaching that dumpster fire of a roster.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    So will Brad probably once he's had a couple months coaching that dumpster fire of a roster.
    JORDAN CRAWFORD! KRIS HUMPHRIES! KELLY OLYNYK! IT'S THE NBA ON NBC!
    "And Tottenham do not know what hit them...well I can tell you, it's Theo Walcott!"

"And it's Tony Adams put through by Steve Bould, WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?! That...sums it all up."

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    That was going on last night. Vic caught a pass last night, and I thought the guy behind me was having a wet dream.

I don't care about cheering for your favorite player, but at least save the cheering for when they do something worth cheering for, and not try to tell everyone that the knot they just tied in their shoelaces was the best knot ever tied.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

True. It was a no brainer for him though because of the $$$ and stature that he will gain if he succeeds. If it doesn't work out, then he knows there will be a long list of college teams who would gladly hire him, just like there was with Pitino after his Boston tenure failed.

Gonna disagree with you here. Oladipo is an IU God. Zeller had a lot of people who thought he played like a candy *** in some games. Unless the bus up the town of Washington, (possible I guess), I think the cheers will be equal or Oladipo's will prove to be louder.
    That is because he did play that way in some games.

You make it sound like this state doesn't worship the very ground Larry Bird walks on.

No no! My comment is about an IU wanna be who IU fans fall all over themselves to cheer compared to Bird. I'm probably one of the few PD posters who saw Bird play in HS, college, and the NBA. Believe me I'm quite aware of Bird's value to Indiana BB.

Oladipo is an IU wanna be?

What the heck are you on about.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Embarrassed? Please.

Why the anger? It's because IU has a far bigger and better fanbase than little 'ol Butler and that will always be the case.

It is sickening the deep seated jealousy and hatred of IU by some people on this board. Just because your school's fanbase sucks is no reason to dislike the loyalty of IU fans.
    No, people are hard on IU fans because they have fans like you.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    We're still talking about Oladipo? Honestly, is anyone even the least bit surprised that he would get an ovation like that?
    Yep, we're still talking about Oladipo.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Though I suppose it's alright because PG's block on Oladipo was quite clearly a goaltend lol.
    Exactly. I totally forgot to mention that. Even worse for Denari and Buckner who saw the replay and didn't mention it.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    For me it would be

1. Lance - most active in passing instead of nearly always looking to score (what an evolution that I would have sworn never would occur)

2. Hibbert - best positioned to get blocks and might get 10 or more actually credited to him

3. George - his focus changes depending on what is needed at a given moment, which is great, but his length and athleticism could allow him an outside chance at getting enough blocks if West / Hibbert get into early enough foul trouble. I doubt he has much chance at 10 assists under normal game conditions because he initiates what sets are run as opposed to finding guys in scoring position

4. West - I don't think West is likely to get enough assists or blocks unless everyone on my list above him is in foul trouble / injured / really off
    I'd put Hill above West as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    No, people are hard on IU fans because they have fans like you.
    So does every fan base.

First win of the season and the team looked great. All the players I wanted to see prove something this year looked great. And 5 pages of this thread is about Oladipo. I'd almost rather read a ten page argument with vnzla then read the last 5 boring pages. Arguments about a which college fanbase is better? REALLY?

As far as commentary, I'd really like to see Roy get the ball more. I know he didn't really play much due to the injury scare, but I felt like he should of had more touches in the second half. He and Paul looked like they did last playoffs which is huge. And Lance was so in control. That was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    No no! My comment is about an IU wanna be who IU fans fall all over themselves to cheer compared to Bird. I'm probably one of the few PD posters who saw Bird play in HS, college, and the NBA. Believe me I'm quite aware of Bird's value to Indiana BB.
    Get over it. People go to games for all different reasons: Some are die-hard fans of the team, others like basketball, others go to see their favorite college players when they come play locally, who are we to judge people for their reasons for going to the games? They are paying for the tickets and have the right to enjoy their in-game experience just as much as you, me, or anyone else. Oladipo is beloved by a massive local fanbase. To think he wouldn't get a huge ovation in his first ever pro game 45 minutes away from a place where he is revered is insane.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

...btw, was M Grady wearing a "Pollos Hermanos" shirt??
    Thank you Jeff.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 31andonly For This Useful Post:

I'm glad Indiana amateur basketball is strong enough to where most NBA teams have a player that can be cheered by fans. Utah has Hayward, Orlando has Oladipo, Charlotte has Zeller (and McBob I guess), the Heat and Bulls have players who played HS ball here.

Oladipo is an IU wanna be?

What the heck are you on about.

He's a wannabe until he does something to make a name in the NBA. Until then he's another IU player who got drafted in the NBA looking to be able to be more than those IU players who got drafted but couldn't make it in the NBA.